How create non-animated doll from avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know that in the marketplace, there are animated full-sized dolls. What if you want to use an avatar as a doll with animations built into furniture or huds? How would one create such a doll? If you buy an avatar, it just goes into your inventory for you to wear. How would you make it a separate object that would be poseable or with which you could interact?

3 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

So, can you buy a doll (not a pre-programmed sex doll that does specific built-in animations) that will behave according to something like an animated massage table?

No. If it's not animated, it just stands there like a post.  That's what "non-animated" or "static" means. If you want a model that moves and does things, you'll have to find one that's designed for Animesh and then find someone to script it to activate specific animations.  Animesh is so new to SL that it's highly unlikely that you will find something ready-made, but if money is no object you might be able to hire someone to do the creative work. Sooner or later, someone is going to do it and open up the market. (Or maybe they already have and I am not aware of it yet. )

Your only other solution is to make a new alt, register it as a bot, and use bot software to animate it.

21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

No. If it's not animated, it just stands there like a post.  That's what "non-animated" or "static" means. If you want a model that moves and does things, you'll have to find one that's designed for Animesh and then find someone to script it to activate specific animations.  Animesh is so new to SL that it's highly unlikely that you will find something ready-made, but if money is no object you might be able to hire someone to do the creative work. Sooner or later, someone is going to do it and open up the market. (Or maybe they already have and I am not aware of it yet. )

Your only other solution is to make a new alt, register it as a bot, and use bot software to animate it.

Thanks. That's helpful.

58 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Then I would have to login with two computers at the same time, right? If you're in one viewer, you could only have one avatar active, I think.

can have multiple viewers running at the same time on the same computer. So can have different accounts running on the same computer at the same time

Preferences \ Advanced \ Allow Multiple Viewers

4 hours ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Then I would have to login with two computers at the same time, right? If you're in one viewer, you could only have one avatar active, I think.

This is me with two different accounts logged in, both using the Linden viewer.

6820d3328ce15b6346cff91d7293a378.jpg

I have had up to 4 but it gets laggy as you would expect.

For what it's worth, a lot of people who are into SL photography will use two accounts like this.  One to pose and one to setup and take the shot.  When I do that I use the Linden viewer with the graphics turned way down for the model and use Black Dragon for the photographer. Anyway, if you want to turn the setting down for the doll's viewer you would need two different viewers, like Firestorm for one and Linden's for the other.

You need a bot. Check "smartbots" you'll have an alternate account you can either just pose on a stand to use as a mannequin or you can set it up for a few functions depending on your needs. You won't have to log it in, the script does it for you. It does have a weekly fee, the mannequin fee is pretty cheap.

I’ve seen animesh figures for sale on marketplace that claim that all you have to do is drop an animation into it and it will be available in their menu and can then be selected to play. You may be able to find what you’re looking for there hopefully.

19 hours ago, Rhiannon108 said:

I know that in the marketplace, there are animated full-sized dolls. What if you want to use an avatar as a doll with animations built into furniture or huds? How would one create such a doll? If you buy an avatar, it just goes into your inventory for you to wear. How would you make it a separate object that would be poseable or with which you could interact?

I've read the thread, just replying to OP to answer all the of the above. What you are referring to is Animesh. You could even rez your Maitreya and make it an Animesh (*IF* it were modify, which is it not). These have already started appearing on MP as "Animesh Play Dolls". A friend of mine has even created one. The trick with the Animesh "doll" or "robot" being the masseuse on a massage table is where people stumble.

Normally, there would be a message table as a furniture prop, two avatars sit and you have both: the one being massaged and the masseuse. But with Animesh it's different: the Animesh has to be the one the avatar sits on, then the Animesh rezes the masseuse table and the animated then places both onto it. If you want to see what I mean, you can search Market Place for "Animesh play doll" and see a small selection right there.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, Alyona Su said:

I've read the thread, just replying to OP to answer all the of the above. What you are referring to is Animesh. You could even rez your Maitreya and make it an Animesh (*IF* it were modify, which is it not). These have already started appearing on MP as "Animesh Play Dolls". A friend of mine has even created one. The trick with the Animesh "doll" or "robot" being the masseuse on a massage table is where people stumble.

Normally, there would be a message table as a furniture prop, two avatars sit and you have both: the one being massaged and the masseuse. But with Animesh it's different: the Animesh has to be the one the avatar sits on, then the Animesh rezes the masseuse table and the animated then places both onto it. If you want to see what I mean, you can search Market Place for "Animesh play doll" and see a small selection right there.

As a challenge to myself, I decided to make a script that allows an animesh doll to use animated furniture. I got it working pretty well. It works with "avsitter v2"  furniture, and requires you to add a script to the furniture, as well as copy all applicable animations into the animesh object. 

When done correctly, the animesh doll will join you on the furniture, occupying the spot that is free. It can even swap places with you if you chose the swap command. You sit on the furniture as normal, not on the animesh doll.

Ronnie

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.