It wont let me log in

lindyisme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting a message that my time and date may not be set up right , but it is .  It also says it could be my firewall, turn it off , try to load , then turn it back on . That did not work .   

I have tried unistall,  and reinstall and the same message every time .    Firestorm worked fine , then I crashed and this message kept appearing .  I do not know what to do next .  Can someone please help me ?

5 answers to this question

That message can often be triggered by a change in your computer's clock. like the change from standard time to daylight savings time, or a time zone change if you carry your laptop on a long trip.  Your computer should be smart enough to make those changes gracefully, but odd things happen. 

The message can also be triggered by a failing CMOS battery on your computer's motherboard.  That little battery provides just enough power to keep your system clock going when you have shut the machine down.  If it's failing, though , the clock can get out of sync.  If you don't feel comfortable changing the battery yourself, find a techie to at least check it, if not replace it.

Finally, the message can be triggered by an obsolete operating system.  If you are still using Windows 7, for example, you can expect to have odd things like this happen occasionally.  Upgrade to Windows 10.

My computer was just rebuilt and windows 10 added .  Secondlife worked great for 3 days then this happened .  The clock and date are right .  My husband is a techie and he told me to go to forums because everything he has tried is not working.  When he gets home from work I will show him your thread.  The motherboard is new and he installed it .  Windows 10 we paid for and installed when he put together the computer.   So all is new. 

Edited by lindyisme

I replaced my motherboard last fall and had to reinstall Win 10.  It took about a week of fiddling to be sure that the license was registered properly and that the OS was recognizing all of the hardware correctly.  It may be more than coincidental that you are having troubles shortly after your system was rebuilt.Ask your husband to check that CMOS battery, for a start.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I replaced my motherboard last fall and had to reinstall Win 10.  It took about a week of fiddling to be sure that the license was registered properly and that the OS was recognizing all of the hardware correctly.  It may be more than coincidental that you are having troubles shortly after your system was rebuilt.Ask your husband to check that CMOS battery, for a start.

I will show this to my husband. n CMOS is registering at 1.15 date and time are up to date .

Edited by lindyisme

• Go to https://time.gov and double check that the time and date is in fact set correctly on your computer. (It should be within 5 seconds of accuracy to the official time.)
  • Double check that the correct year is also set.
  • Which Firewall & antivirus software are you using on your system?
  • Can you test temporarily disabling your Anti-Virus/Firewall protections, rebooting the computer and then try to log in to Second Life. IF you try this please completely close all other open programs so that nothing is trying to get on the internet while your security is disabled.
    Do you still get the computer clock login error?
  • Are you logging into Second Life through a Public wi-fi connection (e.g. an Internet Cafe) or through a university or college network or are you using a standard home connection?
    If you are logging into Second Life through a Public wi-fi connection with a proxy or portal that requires you to login or accept their Terms of Service before you can fully utilize their internet, you must open a browser and try loading a website like "http://space.com" and then see if the Cafe's portal opens. If so login to that first and then try to log in to Second Life.

If none of the above helps, please can you do the folllowing:

• Launch the Chrome web browser
  • Navigate to https://secondlife.com
  • Once logged in click on the padlock icon at the top left of the browser, in the URL entry field.
  • After clicking the padlock, click Certificate, then Details.
  • The correct SL certificate is signed by Digicert for SecondLife.com and expires Oct. 21, 2019
  • Please can you either post a link to a screenshot or attach a screenshot to this forum post, showing the certificate details like this: https://prnt.sc/lilf5b

(If you're using FireFox its a similar process.)

Thank you smile.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.