Jump to content
kaleb Orsini

firestorm 6.0.2 on ubuntu : no voice

Recommended Posts

How to make voice working on firestorm 6 and linux. I check all parameter but no!!! Someone have the idea of firewall. How can check that ? Any idea ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no updated voice libs for linux from Vivox, and none coming. LL support for Linux is dead, firestorm are putting up a good fight to keep their port going though I doubt that can last long term.

If it hasn't come already there is a point at which a native linux client with voice is simply not possible.

Suggest using the Windows client and Wine which works pretty much flawlessly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to enable 32 bit libs first, this is tricky in ubuntu and works flawlessly in Mint linux, as they still have them in their repos. Secondly,  look at this link for needed libs/packages. It doesn't matter that there is no updated voice supplied, it will work if you get the needed libs installed per that page.  I have done it and it works!

see: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/firestorm_in_64-bit_ubuntu_1710

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did follow that

 

and

sudo apt-get install libidn11:i386 libuuid1:i386 libstdc++6:i386
sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio:i386 libidn11:i386 libuuid1:i386 libstdc++6:i386

 

I don't know if it works or not. I cannot make difference between noice, stream and voice. But sometimes I see a kind of logo that I didn't have for people who could have the voice.

Now I need to check if it works

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SL viewers problems on Linux run a lot deeper than just voice support.

If you ever want support from LL then getting the viewer to compile and run standalone (so it uses system libs, rather than including it's own) is a must, they have said that once this is worked out, they will happily add it to the build servers and product actual linux packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

There are no updated voice libs for linux from Vivox, and none coming. LL support for Linux is dead, firestorm are putting up a good fight to keep their port going though I doubt that can last long term.

If it hasn't come already there is a point at which a native linux client with voice is simply not possible.

Suggest using the Windows client and Wine which works pretty much flawlessly.

Wine works pretty well for a lot of programs, but my experience with the SL viewer has been mixed. Is there any recent info on setting this up? Likewise for Wine and Firestorm.  SL16B is getting close, and if it is anything like last year, a lot of events are going to be a waste of time without voice access.

I have heard a suggestion that a windows version of SLVoice.exe can be run under Wine to provide voice support for a Linux viewer. Where is that documented? And how do you get the Windows version?

Where Is The Documentation!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

The SL viewers problems on Linux run a lot deeper than just voice support.

If you ever want support from LL then getting the viewer to compile and run standalone (so it uses system libs, rather than including it's own) is a must, they have said that once this is worked out, they will happily add it to the build servers and product actual linux packages.

One thing I have noticed is that the viewer seems totally unable to to pick up basic settings, colour schemes and cursor-size stuff, from the operating system. Some elements can be set in the viewer, some can't. That's not just in Linux, it happens in Windows too. And so I have doubts about what you said there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tryed to install with wine but it is worst The graphic card does not work. At least with the linux version It works well. Only voice is missing. I think I will use windows. It is much more simple. I am glad I still have it

 

 

Capture du 2019-05-19 21-34-41.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

if your using firestorm theirs a simple way to run voice under wine. with the native linux client in the debug settings. first unpack firestorm in your home directory i like to make a ~/bin/firestorm directory to hold it.

 

second Install wine i am going to assume your using a Debian based distro like ubuntu.

enter in the command  sudo apt install wine winetricks

now set up your wine profile fast by running a application in wine like winetricks   once the setup us done close the winetricks window and fire up firestorm

once in firestorm open up setting and go to the advanced tab and turn on the advanced menu

now in the advanced menu select "Debug setting and search for linux  you will want to turn the "FSLinuxEnableWin32VoiceProxy" on

a349121e82fdab439cd1c0092089ede1.png

afterword voice will work for you. (after you restart firestorm that is)

Edited by Atosuria Daviau
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense. Trying to run Firestorm under Wine means Wine has to emulate the Windows interface to the graphics card, which, if it works at all, will be slow. But running Vivox under Wine should be fine. Firefox tells Vivox what to do by sending it XML telling it to make voice connections. Vivox has no user interface of its own, so it doesn't mess with the windows. So putting Vivox in its own little Windows box is useful.

Any problems getting the microphone connected in that mode? Microphones on Linux are always difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 1:47 AM, animats said:

That makes sense. Trying to run Firestorm under Wine means Wine has to emulate the Windows interface to the graphics card, which, if it works at all, will be slow. But running Vivox under Wine should be fine. Firefox tells Vivox what to do by sending it XML telling it to make voice connections. Vivox has no user interface of its own, so it doesn't mess with the windows. So putting Vivox in its own little Windows box is useful.

Any problems getting the microphone connected in that mode? Microphones on Linux are always difficult.

sorry about the slow reply, My real job keeps me away from the forums :)

Under Ubuntu  or its derivatives no issues at all, just go into the panel and check your levels.

 

Quick disclosure I cant say about the latest incarnations of Ubuntu as i moved to another distro about three years ago. ((the new distro made it easier to install some tools i need))

Edited by Atosuria Daviau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

sorry about the slow reply, My real job keeps me away from the forums :)

Under Ubuntu  or its derivatives no issues at all, just go into the panel and check your levels.

 

Quick disclosure I cant say about the latest incarnations of Ubuntu as i moved to another distro about three years ago. ((the new distro made it easier to install some tools i need))

The packages required by SLVoice are mostly outdated, sadly.

Firestorm has a lovely troubleshooting page that lists the dependencies needed - best to do the search and install through the Terminal as at least one package is no longer available through the Synaptic Package Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

The packages required by SLVoice are mostly outdated, sadly.

Firestorm has a lovely troubleshooting page that lists the dependencies needed - best to do the search and install through the Terminal as at least one package is no longer available through the Synaptic Package Manager.

to be honest SL voice in native Linux is dead which is why firestorm added that hook to run the windows version in wine and use it threw the native client. to be honest using this hook you don't notice any difference. from the old native version other than it's easier to set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...