Process Credit with Main and Alt?

Noemi Azambuja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone. 

I cash out regularly but now stumble into hitting my Process limit  of 30-Days. I requested a raise of the Limit but was told i would have to regularly hit the Limit for them to raise it. 

The question is how exactly do you do that ? Lets imagine the Limit is 999 Dollars / 30 days. Would you have to cash out 999 Dollars for a regular time to make them notice your limit is too low ? Usually it is not that easy to exactly hit the number cause the fees are not included in the processing and you always have odd numers when cashing out. 

Because of the limitation i was thinking about using an ALT to cash out as well to the same payment info. But i can't find informations if this is legal or not. I don't want my Account to get banned for it. 

The money i earn, i earn through hard work and a store that i was working on to bring up to a decent popularity for years now and i dont want it to well get banned just cause i tried to cash more out from my money then the limit allows me to,. 

Did anyone ever have trouble with the chash out limits ? Or did you hear about the law / rule situation about cashing out with 2 avis ? 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Part of the answer is easy.  Each account is separate, so it has its own cashout limit.  If you give half of your cash to your alt, she can cash out as much as she wants, up to her own limit, the same as you can.

The part that's not easy is about hitting the limit exactly.  I very rarely take anything out of SL at all (everything I earn in world is spent in world or used to pay land fees), so I have never hit a limit myself.  I suspect that they don't mean that you need to hit the limit exactly, but just get really close to it consistently. That way, you can say legitimately, "I have been cashing out about $950 a month for the past six months.  How about raising my rate?"   The way to find out for sure is to call the Billing Office and ask. The Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday. Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

While avatars are separate entities so far as Linden Lab is concerned the GOVERNMENT doesn't look at it that way and so far as REAL dollars being moved -- LL must comply with government rules.  If you cash out over a few hundred dollars a year (I thought it was 600 long ago when the new rule came into effect but support can tell you exactly) you need to prove who your are for tax purposes.  I DO KNOW that money earned in Sansar gets added to the money earned in SL for tax purposes since both platforms are owned by Linden Lab.

And  LL can easily see that you sent money to your alt in order to cash out. And yes, LL almost always knows who your alts are :D.    If you try and work around the cash out limit this way it might look dishonest.   So I would definitely do some research and ask some questions (billing) before trying that as red flag waving is NOT a good thing. 

I can tell you that they look at three months of  cash out before raising your rates; when you apply for a rate raise and don't get it -- that's the info you get back (or at least did).  So let's say you made 1200 and could only cash out 999.  You have leftover dollars which get added to the next month. You cash out 999 again and now have even a larger surplus that you can't cash out.  This "in theory" needs to happen for three months to show that you REALLY need your limit raised.   You might be able to get it raised before that if you have a long history of making money and they can see that you are "legit".

If you think about it, you wouldn't be asking if you didn't think it was somehow wrong to try and circumvent the process. :D

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 11:42 AM, Noemi Azambuja said:

Hello there,

I came across your post in the forum, and I'm currently facing a similar situation. I also thought about transferring my Lindens to my alt, but I'm concerned about the potential risks of losing everything and getting my account banned. I've been working hard for years and don't want to lose my account . Did they finally increase your limits or did you find another solution? Thank you ^^

2 minutes ago, Vanessa Wisent said:

Hello there,

I came across your post in the forum, and I'm currently facing a similar situation. I also thought about transferring my Lindens to my alt, but I'm concerned about the potential risks of losing everything and getting my account banned. I've been working hard for years and don't want to lose my account . Did they finally increase your limits or did you find another solution? Thank you ^^

unreadable for dark mode users. ( and old topic, better create a new one if you have questions)

If your limits are to low you have the choice to request raising the limits, or limit your withdrawel amount and repeat it next month
Your account will not get banned for that, unless it's suspicious and proven bad behaviour.
If you try to partly do it on multiple accounts, you possibly get questions if the same payment methods are used to avoid following the rules about limits per account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.