Sign in to follow this  
Trezz Vyper

Catwa Head (Daniel), Belleza Body V2.0 (Jake) - Neck line issue

Posted (edited)

Hi,

A friend set my mesh avi up and did a brilliant job; she was always good at this stuff. 

However, after returning from a few months break a couple of weeks back, and receiving the Jake (bento V2.0) update, and a few others, I decided to try and have a crack at doing it myself. Well... I've done ok, but can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this neck issue. My friend hasn't logged in, so can't ask her to sort it out.

Found that Mad Dog have neck fix for Catwa and Jake, but try as I might, even re-delivery of both head and body, still can't get that fix to work. Been at this all weekend (it's now Sunday night AU), and after 30 or so Hard-Resets, I'm about ready for the nut-house.

• Catwa Head Daniel - original purchased 2017 (can't seem to locate update - Mad Dog guide references updated HUD which I don't have)
  • Belleza Body Jake - updated Bento V2.0

Surely it can't be this complex and difficult?

Would sure appreciate some help and guidance, thank you :)

P.S. I realise some custom sim lighting can produce a neck color demarcation  line (I can live with that), but what I have here is normal day lighting.

Snapshot_001.jpg.ca1052a878625433102a168b9fe3f524.jpg

Edited by Trezz Vyper
P.S.

Posted (edited)

Catwa CSR here. Hopefully we can get you sorted out as quickly as possible.

Firstly, I think you mean Stray Dog, rather than Mad Dog ;)

You shouldn't need any neck fix as long as you're using the same skintone from the same skin designer for both head and body. Stray Dog skins fit perfectly well on both Daniel and Jake, so my initial suggestion would be to redeliver your Daniel head and start with a fresh copy. The current version is v3.2, and it now contains a load of new features including motion capture animations. To get an updated copy go to the Catwa inworld store (either of the two regions is fine). At the landing point you'll see several pillars that look like this:

711922804_Catwaredelivery.jpg.3e4003ecf3368ea0a0b3bd60af3a73db.jpg

Click the 'Redeliver' option, and - when the webpage loads - find your original purchase. It won't say 'update' or anything like that; it will just list the first version that you purchased. Click that link to redeliver, then - when you open that redelivery - the updated head will be inside.

I can't tell clearly from your image, since not only are you using default lighting but you're also underwater - but that looks like it might be Stray Dog's 'Tone 04' skin (earlier versions of that were called 'buttermilk'). I can see that you're aware of the whole 'preferable Windlight' thing, but don't want to use it; however - while trying to match skintones - it's always best to do it under such a preferable Windlight, just to ensure you're as close as you can get. The region Windlight setting at the Catwa store is set so that it gives a good light for skin-matching, so if you want to tuck yourself away there while you experiment it'll save you the hassle of having to change your own settings.

Add your v3.2 redelivered head, then re-apply your Stray Dog head applier. You should also be wearing the Stray Dog body skin applier in the same skintone, on your Jake 2.0 body. Do not use the 'Jake' neck size on the Catwa HUD Master M or apply the Stray Dog neck fix. It should not be necessary with the updated Jake body, and it's what's causing that differently-coloured stripe around your neck. Keep that neck size setting to the default 'off', as shown below:

1943142302_Catwamalenecksize.png.6ce35f1421a3b8b7f419697de7a8fea4.png

Do be aware, though, that for some reason it can be difficult to get a good match all the way around a male head and body join. I've used hundreds of skins and some are better than others for matching, but quite often - even with some big name brands - the match might be perfect at the front and sides but there's a visible shading difference at the back. Or the front and back are fine but the difference can be seen at the sides of the neck. Sorry to say that it's usually a case of either trial and error with skin designers, or 'get it as close as you can and ignore the bit that doesn't work so well'.

If you need a guide for working with the v3.2 Catwa Bento heads then I have one on my blog that's written specifically for guys. Come back to this post if the above doesn't fix the issue. I'll keep an eye on it over the long weekend, and I'll be inworld later and able to help you one-to-one if you need more detailed assistance. (I'm in the UK, so tend to be around in the evenings, GMT.) If you need immediate help, search for and join the Catwa Head Friends group inworld, and you can ask your question there (either in group chat, or you can IM one of the other CSRs that are online. All of us are listed in Catwa Clip's profile, or you can see who is online and contact them by means of the CSR boards at the store's landing point).

Edited by Skell Dagger

Posted (edited)

Hi Skell,

That's what confused me with the Catwa head. It had the original date of purchase of 2017. Live and learn!

Thanks for all the help you've added, I really appreciate it :)

I'll follow your suggestions, and guide (fingers crossed I'll nail it). However, if after a few attempts I don't succeed, I'll return and ask for more help.

Cheers

Trezz

Edited by Trezz Vyper

Welcome, and no problem. I'll be available to help in some way or another (either here on the forum or inworld). If inworld, check my profile. I don't hide my online status, so if I'm showing as offline then I'm offline ;) If I'm online then you'll get my autoresponse initially, but hang on for a few minutes and I should get back to you.