Get More Space in home

batshitcrazy2019

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, kiramanell said:

Speaking of moving, positioning linksets can be tricky too. Let's say (like in my case) you want to create an entire furnished living room first, off-sim, to later port it to your Bellisseria home. My advice is: use an 'anker' object; which is to say, pick an individual prim inside your Bellisseria home, any prim, copy its location, and now rez a positioning prim at the exact same location. Then link said newly-rezzed prim to your will-be interior (as root). Now you can take your construct safely off-sim, and start building until it's done. Then, when you've returned to your Bellissaria home, all you need to do, is copy the location of the original 'anker' object again (inside the house), and paste your new interior to that very same location! And then everything will fit, precisely where you wanted it. :) (You can then unlink the positioning prim, if you so desire).

Very similar to what I used to do by making wall to wall carpet for a room (aka a footprint). I would just temp link w/ shift clicking and then when I put it down, I would just pull the carpet/footprint. For me, it was easier having the shape of a room.

Another, and this is something I still do today:  I had the habit of picking up entire rooms because I was building something on my workflat and wanted the prims. Again, just temp using Edit Mode and Shift+clicking items. I would save whatever was central to the layout for last (like an area rug, coffee table, a vase, etc... something that was around the center of the layout I was yanking up) Shift click along and when I add in the last item, I would then right click and pick it all up. Later, have Edit Mode going and pull the cube pile (how the icon looks in inventory) and put it right back.

When I was moving out of my old linden home to abandon it to get one of the new ones, it was.... not as neat. I picked up my dogs and their food dish, then I just Shift Click dragged to grab a lump fast and hit return for the rest lol I still have to sort that mess out, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We really need a double-lock feature on link sets. Because as careful as I think I am most of the time editing linked items, I just KNOW (and experience has already taught me this on many, many occasions) that I will inevitably screw something up. Like change the colour of all 150+ objects with the same texture... It's going to happen. Watch this space 😑

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

We really need a double-lock feature on link sets. Because as careful as I think I am most of the time editing linked items, I just KNOW (and experience has already taught me this on many, many occasions) that I will inevitably screw something up. Like change the colour of all 150+ objects with the same texture... It's going to happen. Watch this space 😑

Hahahha I did this last night. I had unlocked my insert to change the accent wall and forgot to re-lock it. Fast forward to me re-texturing a chair and what I thought was me unclicking the bottom prim of the chair was actually me clicking in part of the insert. Suddenly 2/3 of my room plus the chair was a "grandma's Florida retirement home" paisley. Was not the look I was going for.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Which is why I studiously take endless copies of work in progress, cuz, as you know, sh*t WILL happen. 😃

I even put linksets into my rezzer in a locked state (and yes, they'll be rezzed locked too, that way).

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.