Shopping Strategies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I think the strategies are not so different, just the standards on what is an acceptable example ;) And its just so much more efficient to buy a few more acceptable examples from other stuff while your already at the store anyway!

And this is why we women seem to have 200,000 different bottles and fragrances cluttering up our bathrooms, and men generally have 1 (that can also be used to clean the dishes, car, and dog probably). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First, I have a folder for each month, which is sub-foldered by event (and, if not from an event, by week). Inside each of those folders is a folder for demos (any actual purchases without demoing from said event go in the top-level event folder). Then, once I've demo'd, it's simple:

1533205800_hellyes.PNG.a0c95fd385e5fa63693b29826411174a.PNG

Because some things deserve a 'hell yes' ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

And this is why we women seem to have 200,000 different bottles and fragrances cluttering up our bathrooms, and men generally have 1 (that can also be used to clean the dishes, car, and dog probably). 

It's the opposite in our house. He has more clothes and shoes than I do! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:
1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

It's the opposite in our house. He has more clothes and shoes than I do! 

More evidence I'm wearing the wrong genes. I keep two bars of soap in the bathroom, one at the sink and one in the shower. That's all I need. I'm not a complete heathen though. I have laundry detergent in the laundry, dishwashing liquid in the kitchen and dishwasher detergent for the dishwasher.

During my married decade, hubby acquired far more clothing than I did. By the looks of him at the market with his kids recently, he, like me, has finally given up.

• Haha 2

If we only count shoes actually worn with any regularity, my husband has quite a few more than me.  I do, for some stupid reason, still have tons of pairs of pumps from the days when I actually had to dress up for work.  You never know, I might need one of those someday....... though I'm not even sure I could still walk in half of them.

I do however, have far more stuff than him in my vanity cabinet - though only a tiny bit more than him actually in the shower.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

More evidence I'm wearing the wrong genes. I keep two bars of soap in the bathroom, one at the sink and one in the shower. That's all I need. I'm not a complete heathen though. I have laundry detergent in the laundry, dishwashing liquid in the kitchen and dishwasher detergent for the dishwasher.

This is me.

Why on earth he thinks we need to have a backup of everything I have no clue. He is losing the habit though so there is hope for him yet.

Buy all the demos. Try all the demos. As I try stuff, delete the demos I don't like. The demos left at the end are what I will buy the full product of. Too many left? Try them on again! If what I want to buy is on the marketplace I will get it there. If not, use Firestorm's area search to find it again in the store.

18 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Most of the times demo's unpack when attaching it these days, so its pretty easy to demo in store/event right away.

So in group chat for a large event someone was complaining about vendors that didn't have auto unpackers for their demos. This would have been a legit complaint except the same group had a demo hud sent out. So people could try the event items at home (or wherever) then shop for the items they definitely wanted. I pointed that out in chat and was ignored. They kept complaining. I facepalmed and closed the chat because sometimes you can't fix obtuseness.

Personally, I thought it was a great idea. As usually I grab demos of stuff, go home where it will rez quickly (or at least quicker than at a busy event) then go back for the ones I want. Having a demo hud saves me a step.

15 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I have had this problem more than once! Buy a demo at a store or shopping event and after trying demos in a different sim I can't find the location of the vendor again! 

Catznip has a feature to auto-name screenshots and incoming folders with variables which is great for shopping. I have a folder I call #Demos and have set incoming folders to be placed into auto-named folders with Day-Month-RegionName - then anything I buy in that regions will create a folder (or object) in that folder. If I change regions then a new folder is created with the region name and incoming foes into that one. I also have a folder I call #Purchases and do the same for actual purchased stuff. This makes it easy to review and try demos days, weeks, even months later and easily return to the region where I found them

I mention this, not because I think you should try Catznip viewer, (I do, even if only for performance reasons! LOL,) but rather that users of Firestorm, etc., should maybe put in a feature request for that. Because it already exists and since all of these viewers are open source, the code should be available. (I presume, I know only enough about this stuff to be dangerous). Though I'm sticking with Catznip, myself, for the blazing performance alone. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.