Harassment - Stalking

Niche Market

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone (complete stranger) recently invaded my home and I ejected, banned and blocked them.  Since then, they continue to hound my parcel borders and harass guests that come to my home.  If I file an abuse report with Linden Lab, can anything be done to stop this intentionally disruptive behavior?  Please advise and many thanks.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Niche Market said:

Someone (complete stranger) recently invaded my home and I ejected, banned and blocked them.  Since then, they continue to hound my parcel borders and harass guests that come to my home.  If I file an abuse report with Linden Lab, can anything be done to stop this intentionally disruptive behavior?  Please advise and many thanks.

Doubtful.  it depends if they are actually breaking the TOS.  Mute block and ignore.  Tell your guests to do the same and eventually they will get bored.  If you give them any attention they will keep it up.  If they are breaking the TOS you can file an abuse report but keep it clear, concise and include any evidence.

You've done the right steps so far.   I agree with Rolig that you should file an Abuse Report, but like Cindy, I suspect it won't do too much good.  There are a couple of additional things you can do:

• If you haven't already, go to World/Parcel Details/Options tab.  Un-check the box that says "avatars on this parcel can see/hear avatars on other parcels".  This will make people on your land invisible to people outside your borders (and vice-versa).  Your stalker will have a lot more boring time hanging around when he can't see what anyone in your home is doing.
  • Tell your guests to mute him as well.  That way he cannot IM them and harass them.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rtthgrls said:

Not Doubtful it happened to me as well. Please don't attack victims by minimizing or disregarded them. For me Linden home security did not work I could not reject etc. he was naked and pushed me around logging off and back on did not work either. I assume Cindy meant no harm but that statement can be hurtful especially when it is true.

err "doubtful" was my answer to will Linden Lab do anything.  I have no idea what you are insinuating I might have meant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes indeed.  Submit a well-documented Abuse Report with the time, place, and person's name.  Include a photo if you were quick enough to take one at the time.  It helps if you point to a specific part of the TOS or Community Standards that you believe has been violated, like

Harassment

Harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner that is offensively coarse, intimidating, threatening, or causes annoyance or alarm is not allowed.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

err "doubtful" was my answer to will Linden Lab do anything.  I have no idea what you are insinuating I might have meant

OHH Sorry I thought the doubtful was that it never happened to her! So sorry I totally agree that Linden Lab won't do much. I apparently I read your comment wrong.  I apologize!

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2019 at 4:46 PM, Niche Market said:

On 5/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Doubtful.  it depends if they are actually breaking the TOS.  Mute block and ignore.  Tell your guests to do the same and eventually they will get bored.  If you give them any attention they will keep it up.  If they are breaking the TOS you can file an abuse report but keep it clear, concise and include any evidence.

Not Doubtful it happened to me as well. Please don't attack victims by minimizing or disregarded them. For me Linden home security did not work I could not reject etc. he was naked and pushed me around logging off and back on did not work either. I assume Cindy meant no harm but that statement can be hurtful especially when it is true.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.