can you be raped in second life?

Quebrado

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am very new to the community. I was very excited to have found such a place online. I invited my daughters to check it out. Two of the Three took to it right away. Now one of them has come to me saying someone teleported them against their will to a location they could not leave, and sexually assaulted them. She really loves the community. She doesn't want to talk about it. Please Help with some info. Thanks...

Quebrado

43 minutes ago, BatGirlMeow said:

You are right, Adam is a teenager, which makes it even more complicate because teenage years are a period of tourment. 

Haha yes, but I also remember being underage and lying about it to subscribe on different sites on the internet. I guess Adam is a regular teenager on this issue. 

Yes, we all do.  As you see from some comments here, though, it is easy for a research question like yours to be interpreted as a way for deciding who is to blame when there is psychological harm.  The article you cited is reasonably careful to avoid falling into that trap, but you can see why this is a sensitive topic.  Once again, I wish you luck in sorting through the complications, not the least of which is finding a safe vocabulary for discussing it.

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, we all do.  As you see from some comments here, though, it is easy for a research question like yours to be interpreted as a way for deciding who is to blame when there is psychological harm.  The article you cited is reasonably careful to avoid falling into that trap, but you can see why this is a sensitive topic.  Once again, I wish you luck in sorting through the complications, not the least of which is finding a safe vocabulary for discussing it.

Thank you again ! 

I guess the methods that I tried to use were not the best. Also starting a topic as I did was not appropriate ; I guess i'll just rely on the research bar and private messages. 

• Like 1

On 26.10.2017 at 6:33 PM, BatGirlMeow said:

As I said, I am a psychology student. I literally study peoples' feelings. 

Feelings are no facts. Just because someone feels, doesn't means something happened. Besides, geez .. SL is a safe pixel world where nothing bad can happen except the one who has it happened agreed to let it happen. It is called Roleplay.

You can be teleported if your wearing an item or viewer that allows you to be forced teleported without your consent. However these items are oftem a form of the bdsm stuff in sl such as collars or huds. You do have to name an owner or sub owner on these however if someone has left their collar open and someone has taken the keys to it and locked it then yeah you can be forced teleported. 

Also if your on a poseball bumping uglies and its a public place where someone else has jumped on instead of the person you wanted it could be a form of it. It could also be if someone crashes off whilst in moment too or if someone falls asleep on a poseball the best option is to stop and remove them rather then leave them sat on it vulnerable. Other ways can do this is stop users having option to menu in the script an menu settings. 

It is certainly capable that this can happen in SL and sorry it happened to them :(

People will differ on view on this but Rape is not a joke or fun and wither you have been through it or not or know someone that has you are going to be more emotionally upset over this to which is expected.

There is a difference between fantasy and rape.. people roleplaying on sl either want to go through that which i find sickening or they are portraying it wrongly. As if someone does see it as roleplay and liking the kinky forced stuff then they have given consent too it. 

Would it be rape if a wife jumped her hubby and liked it rough? No cause theres consent there. It shouldnt be classed as rape in sl unless it is ans its not just kinky play. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there are miles of literature that says the earth is flat ...

there are thousends of policereports about ufo's ....

btw if you really do research, publish your educational institute contact information, your own contactinformation, and verifiable name, and what you really try to find out. Everybody can claim what you post now.

We had our share in SL about "investigations" "questionaires" "surveys" and  questioning by fakers and pretend to be perso

Edited by BatGirlMeow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.