Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Here's a little background: I'm currently working on some things that I want to put on the marketplace to have some L$ coming in while looking for an inworld job. I thought in the meantime I'd create a marketplace store so I could secure a name and all that jazz. Only problem is it's not letting me make one. Every time I try, I get this:

1173300296_createastoreproblem.thumb.png.88b5f6ddfb7647b04a90045369a4413c.png

I've already bought something off the marketplace for L$10 so I don't know why it's saying I still need to do that. And yes, I make sure I check the 'I agree to the Second Life...' box with every attempt. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites

the wording is not very clear as you mention.  Where it says "Transaction" it means a USD transaction, not a L$ transaction.

we need to have real world payment method on file with LL. Credit card, Paypal or Skrill account.  When we file our real world payment details then LL validates the payment method by doing a a $1US debit/credit transaction. Takes $US1 from our real world account and then deposits it back. When this happens then our account status changes to Payment Info Used. Then we can have a marketplace store

Edited by Mollymews
typs
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

the wording is not very clear as you mention.  Where it says "Transaction" it means a USD transaction, not a L$ transaction.

we need to have real world payment method on file with LL. Credit card, Paypal or Skrill account.  When we file our real world payment details then LL validates the payment method by doing a a $1US debit/credit transaction. Takes $US1 from our real world account and then deposits it back. When this happens then our account status changes to Payment Info Used. Then we can have a marketplace store

I have my PayPal linked to my account though I think it's linked to my debit card instead of my bank. I also transfer my PayPal money to my bank account just about as soon as I have anything there. Could that be the issue I'm having?

Edited by xomollykatxo
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xomollykatxo said:

I have my PayPal linked to my account though I think it's linked to my debit card instead of my bank. I also transfer my PayPal money to my bank account just about as soon as I have anything there. Could that be the issue I'm having?

delete a bunch of stuff

you best to check with Paypal then. It may be that when LL tries to make a transaction with your Paypal account, its being blocked by Paypal

Edited by Mollymews
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

very probably it has everything to do with your debit card. LL don't accept debit cards as a valid payment method. Best to link back to your Paypal and then try again

Okay there were two options when linking my PayPal: to my bank or to my debit card. I changed it from debit to bank. Now do I have to buy something from the marketplace again or what happens now? Is it okay that I don't have any money on my PayPal (I have money in my bank account)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mollymews said:

delete a bunch of stuff

you best to check with Paypal then. It may be that when LL tries to make a transaction with your Paypal account, its being blocked by Paypal

Should I have money in my PayPal for the $1 out, $1 in thing to happen? I usually transfer any money I get in my PayPal to my bank account almost immediately so that might have something to do with it maybe?

 

8 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Is your PayPal verified?  (This is something you do from within PayPal).

Do you mean is my PayPal linked to me bank account? It is and has been since I opened my bank account. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you PayPal account is verified, and you have successfully used it as a payment method for making a purchase on the Lindex, then it sounds like you will need to check with LL Support and/or PayPal Support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

If you PayPal account is verified, and you have successfully used it as a payment method for making a purchase on the Lindex, then it sounds like you will need to check with LL Support and/or PayPal Support. 

I haven't purchased any L$. I've made a marketplace purchase using L$ though. Do I need to purchase some L$ for it to qualify?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xomollykatxo said:

I haven't purchased any L$. I've made a marketplace purchase using L$ though. Do I need to purchase some L$ for it to qualify?

If you didn't purchase L$ as part of the marketplace checkout process, then I would probably try purchasing some L$ to see if that takes care of meeting the requirement  of "using your payment method for a transaction"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moirakathleen said:

If you didn't purchase L$ as part of the marketplace checkout process, then I would probably try purchasing some L$ to see if that takes care of meeting the requirement  of "using your payment method for a transaction"

Ah, okay. I was trying to avoid making any purchases with real life money but I guess if that's the only way to do it I'll do like the smallest amount available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xomollykatxo said:

Ah, okay. I was trying to avoid making any purchases with real life money but I guess if that's the only way to do it I'll do like the smallest amount available.

Until you make a purchase using your payment method, LL can't confirm that it is correct and that it works. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Until you make a purchase using your payment method, LL can't confirm that it is correct and that it works. 

I bought the lowest amount that would qualify and was able to create a store! Thanks so much for all the help!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...