Store Managers Is Live!

Reed Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I havent had a chance to implement it yet, but I really love the features that store manager offers. I never seem to have time to add new products to the store.. so hopefully now I can find a good trustworthy person to do that for me and keep my marketplace up to date with my inworld products

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Layla Taov said:

Am curious how the manager would access your marketplace without giving them your password. Can you have separate passwords for marketplace and signing into the viewer?

If you read the knowledge base article it explains it all clearly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I am just waiting for the first post on these forums from someone making their partner manager and then after they have a fling the partner messes up their store. But for the sane merchants this is a great feature!!

Yeah I'll hold that in my back pocket if Ki ever messes behind my back (or tells me how amazing Messi's goal was just after he scored against Liverpool)

• Haha 1

I love this new feature! It's very handy, and will definitely help a lot of store owners with their Marketplace listings. However, I've noticed a few things I'm not completely pleased with.

1. The manager can edit my store information. This should be an option, not a default ability. Not only would it protect the store owner in the inevitable "lover's revenge" scenarios, but it makes me a little uneasy at the thought of it. Just because I let someone list my items doesn't necessarily mean I want them to be able to change my store information.

2. The manager can view my transaction logs. This should be linked to the ability to redeliver items, or at least set to be an option. I see no reason for the manager to need to access my transaction logs if they don't have the ability to redeliver items.

3. The manager can view my top selling/searched products. Again, this should be an option, not a default ability. It ties in with the issue above.

Overall, it's a great new feature. I just hope LL adds a little more discretion for the store owners.

• Like 2

When a store manager clicks Test Delivery on a product, the product is sent to the store owner and not the store manager.  Test Delivery should go to the person who requested it.  

Having store manager/s is a wonderful new feature.  So incredibly helpful for people who want to collaborate.

20 minutes ago, Ilyra Chardin said:

When a store manager clicks Test Delivery on a product, the product is sent to the store owner and not the store manager.  Test Delivery should go to the person who requested it.  

Having store manager/s is a wonderful new feature.  So incredibly helpful for people who want to collaborate.

I would want Test Delivery items to go to the mgr only as an option. I just want someone to list and update stuff, not fill up their inventory with it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I would want Test Delivery items to go to the mgr only as an option. I just want someone to list and update stuff, not fill up their inventory with it.

Interesting.  Why bother having that person as a store manager if you don't trust them?  I think it's critical that test delivery go to the person that requested it.  I guess test delivery could always go to that list of options, but i it is going to be an option, and the person is not allowed to do it, then it should be greyed out so that the store owner isn't inundated with test product deliveries. 

That's my 2 cents or L$5

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This has been very helpful for us - absolutely useful and necessary. 

It would be nice if one day multiple people could upload items to the same store. That's been a frustration of only having my partner as the store owner be able to upload items from his account.

• 2 months later...

I've just opened a new store and have added 2 managers to help out. I agree with Harley. It would sure be nice if the managers could upload items to my store instead of depending on me all the time. I definitely trust them to add items, and I could easily view any uploads made by them. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Monzo Ling said:

I've just opened a new store and have added 2 managers to help out. I agree with Harley. It would sure be nice if the managers could upload items to my store instead of depending on me all the time. I definitely trust them to add items, and I could easily view any uploads made by them. 

Greetings!

"Uploading" items requires the user to have access to your actual Second Life account and log into the account in the Viewer since the items are "uploaded" through your own Inventory.  

Giving others, including people you might trust to be a Store Manager, access to your Second Life account is a huge security and privacy risk and is also a violation of the Terms of Service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.