Mom's Give Her A Thought

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's Mothers Day around the world so give Mom a thought a moment a reflection. Love her or not she is why we are here.

Share a thought if you wish.

My Mother never understood me until I realized it was me who didn't understand her. We became not just Mother and daughter but friends. I wish I could hug her now.

Love you Mom :)

Just my thought.

Mother's Day brings me wonderful memories of my mom.  She was a warm, giving, outgoing woman and she was a friend to many.  She passed away several years ago two days before Mother's Day.  Her memorial service was on Mother's Day and, even though it was a holiday, the church was filled with her friends.

One of the many fond memories I have is staying up late one evening before starting a school paper due the next day (I was about 11 at the time).  She checked on me at about 11PM to discover that I had not yet  started writing it.  I had my notes scattered all around me.  She patiently helped me organize things and then my thoughts before leaving me to write it.  She checked back a couple of hours later to make sure I had finished.  I remember how she pulled me into her warm embrace and, as she stroked my head, whispered, 'Don't you ever wait until the last minute again.'   I smile thinking about that.

Happy Mother's Day

Saturday night my son came over with his wife.  She is 34 weeks pregnant.  They stopped by because they wanted to see my youngest, my daughter, before she went to her Senior Prom tonight.

I lost my mother 8 years ago.   I gave my daughter-in-law her first Mother's day present today.  It felt very much like passing the torch.  Emotionally I am a wreak and Clover is doing her best to keep me from bawling again. This is the first time my cheeks have felt tears in a long, long time.   But it is a wonderful turmoil.  I enjoy a much closer relationship with my childern than I had with my parents.  And my girls will be better Mothers than I. 

Mother's day in France will be on May 29th. I thank God everyday for being so lucky my Mom is still here and in good health. We have always had an awesome relationship. She is my mother, the sister I never had, my best friend. There are no words to say how much I love her. And, there is no sweeter name to call than 'Maman'.

Happy Mother's day to all. :smileyhappy:

mothersday1977.jpg

Mothering Sunday was 3rd April this year.  Yes, I remembered because the shops won't let you forget, no I still didn't do anything about it.

[ETA: Response to DQ's reply below]: 'even though I really should have and have absolutely no excuse'.

(Sorry, wasn't being 'humbug', rather saying I've missed my chance this year)

I was, and am, fortunate to have wonderful parents.  When we were growing up, they were totally focused on the family, without being ...what's the expression these days?...helicopter parents.

Amazing homemaker, short order cook (since 3 of her 5 children were in sports and came home at all hours), homeroom mother, Girl Scout volunteer, champion carpool driver.  A shoulder to cry on and a firm hand (literally and figuratively) when we needed it.  Outrageous sense of humor, patient, grounded.  I couldn't have asked for a better role model.

Mom has Alzheimer's now, and I feel as though she's being stolen away from us, day by day.  But even on her hardest days, there are moments when her personality shines through.  Her smiling face still lights my life.  And to see the love and care in my parents' faces as they gaze on each other, after almost 59 years of marriage....is a gift beyond measure.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Im sure you been a great mother, your son got married and is having a great family, and your daugther is studying getting prepared for life, enjoying all those special moments in life like the prom, without your help they wouldnt have got to where they are now.

it feels like passing the torch, thats life. your mother was succesful in giving you her love and the attention you need and you started your own family, you are a succesful mother too, you got them to this point, congratulations, you are doing good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.