Today is the Day?

Frodo Feila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They responded to the ticket, SSPE164 should be open and working again now, though I haven't tried it yet.

I got the impression that the sim was failing to pass along region handoff information when trying to exit and it kept piling up until it hit the agent limit, leaving masses of lingering orange like Powehi..but that's just my speculation.

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What are those strange red squares I saw over the SSP work area today?

8 regions have been marked with red square. 32 regions have been marked with green square.

My wild guess:
Regions marked with red square need still some work, regions marked with green square are ready?

If so, then... SOON. 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Where can we find this new home?  How do People who are already a Premium get a new Home or boat house?  How do people who are not Premiums get a new Home.  I have been a House owned Premium for 7 years i want a change.  Could you post on our Dashboards this information on new homes. I am anxious to get one of your new style homes i have seen with my friends.  Please inform us besides a place on this forum which people have no idea like my self get to.  After all word of mouth get around and it makes your wallets fatter!

2 hours ago, AmishGirl21 said:

Where can we find this new home?  How do People who are already a Premium get a new Home or boat house?  How do people who are not Premiums get a new Home.  I have been a House owned Premium for 7 years i want a change.  Could you post on our Dashboards this information on new homes. I am anxious to get one of your new style homes i have seen with my friends.  Please inform us besides a place on this forum which people have no idea like my self get to.  After all word of mouth get around and it makes your wallets fatter!

Your Dashboard will not show you any new homes right now because the first batch released, both houses & houseboats, have been taken.  It will only show the older homes right now.  Watch your Dashboard Blog Feed and this thread:

When another batch is ready, that thread will be updated and you should also see something in the Blog Feed.  You will claim the house the same way you claimed your current Linden Home, via this page:  https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

Note that if you already have a Linden Home, you will need to first take up all your stuff and then Abandon it -- via the Land tab.

As to people that are not Premium, they can get a Linden Home by first becoming Premium and then using that land-selection page.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Feel free to vote. Poll closes in 3 days. 

It will be interesting to see which one comes out on top. 

I don't do Twitter, especially with my SL account.

My vote, like Sylvia, is "both".

• Like 2

Another non-Twitter type here, so I will cast my vote for Traditional. I love my yard and hate the sardine can/cluttered look of living so close to other houseboats. My finger would sprain at the sheer effort it took to derender everything around me there that "spoiled" my lovely water view. Beyond that, I've also noticed whether due to the amount of objects required to render at any given time, or the amount of scripted vehicles on the water, that my FPS takes a significant hit whenever I get near the piers. So that's another reason for me and my dodgy internet connection to stick with traditional.

On a semi-related note, why not create a separate subject with the poll there? I imagine it might garner more replies in no time? 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Feel free to vote. Poll closes in 3 days. 

It will be interesting to see which one comes out on top. 

Homes.  Traditional is fine for now, but I hope that there will be some other home themes introduced at some point in the future that might be more woodsy / fantasy themed.

• Like 1

I also lack twitter, and cast my vote for traditional as well! I like having a yard, a porch, and a little picket fence. Though I have to say, all of my favorite features of the new continent so far have been on the shore or on islands, so in terms of proximity to the places I love the most, the houseboats definitely have some appeal to me :) 

• Like 2

There is a new houseboats region connected to the SLB regions in the south east corner. If you click on the SLB 20 region in different areas it tells you what each area is which is rather interesting. 

SLB = Second Life 16th Birthday happening mid next month. 

Wonders if this could be the third batch release news or something else ? 

SLB 20.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2

Is it roads I see? Is this a "city" part?

12 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

There is a new houseboats region connected to the SLB regions in the south east corner. If you click on the SLB 20 region in different areas it tells you what each area is which is rather interesting. 

SLB 20.PNG

I am not sure if many more traditional houses is the way to go. I am thinking modern homes, in a more urban setting, and instead of gardens, rooftop access? Many missed a big, airy space inside, and said the traditional houses were not for them.

Also another style, more sci-fi or fantasy. I am thinking the Jetsons. With those 4 themes in total, that should satisfy a lot of SL residents.

thejetsonshed.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

SLB 20.PNG

Seems as the new linden home preview area

City houses with a mezzanine would be great. Livingroom and open kitchen on the first floor, bedroom on the mezzanine, maybe the resident could make a bathroom cube under it if they wish. There should not be any walls, just the mezzanine or maybe builds without anything, just a big open room.

And stairs up to the rooftop. 😍

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MarzipanJones said:

How flexible are the walls in the houses?  Can an interior wall be made transparent or removed?

No, you can't edit the houses. You can use the control panel to change the color of the walls, but transparent is not an option.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.