Cloud after 2 days

Lipta Bluebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am using Phoenix too and it happened to me 3 days ago. Go the advanced top menu > character > character tes (male or female). You will be back to the basic shape and skin.

You will have to wear again your usual shape and skin, then eyes, hair, clothes, etc. It worked fine for me.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hi, I am using Phoenix too and it happened to me 3 days ago. Go the advanced top menu > character > character tes (male or female). You will be back to the basic shape and skin.

You will have to wear again your usual shape and skin, then eyes, hair, clothes, etc. It worked fine for me.

Hey Val,

You say you use Phoenix so I was wondering about something. I was in-world the day before yesterday having my usual problems with rezzing and whatnot and out of the blue I got an IM from someone sayin ghe was in Phoenix Support who was responding to my JIRA comment about the UUID bug that's existed since February.

He gave me what he said was a temporary fix for the problem, which covers multiple attachments and the like. It was essentially two outfits one of which you're supposed to wear and then replace with your regular outfit. That supposedly forces the viewer to replace stuck attachments.

It didn't work though. I tried it on and looked like a bunch of silvery blobs in the shape of a person, like I was s'posed to, but when I replaced that with my regular outfit again my entire lower body was missing. I tried the other outfit and after replacing that with my regular outfit, my lower body was back but so were the irreplaceable pants.

So I gave up and went back to Ascent, where everything runs like a top, but where also I cannot use any of my tattoo layers except my hairbase. :womansad:

I guess I'm wondering if any other phoenix users were given this and if so what did I do wrong? The dood said it works with all V2 viewers, but I couldn't get it to work in official viewer 2.6x or in Firestorm 2.4.2.

Kascha Matova wrote:

You say you use Phoenix so I was wondering about something.

I got an E Mail the other day from somebody named Melissa with the subject line 'I Love You.'   When I opened the E Mail it had an attachment called '
Anna Kournakova.'  I am a great fan of hers so I downloaded the attachment........

It didn't work though.
Now my computer won't boot and I've been getting angry phone calls from my friends wanting to know why I keep sending them pictures of Goatse.

Fixed that post for you. 

Please people, don't accept candy from strangers.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Kascha Matova wrote:

You say you use Phoenix so I was wondering about something.

I got an E Mail the other day from somebody named Melissa with the subject line 'I Love You.'   When I opened the E Mail it had an attachment called '
Anna Kournakova.'  I am a great fan of hers so I downloaded the attachment........

It didn't work though.
Now my computer won't boot and I've been getting angry phone calls from my friends wanting to know why I keep sending them pictures of Goatse.

Fixed that post for you. 

Please people, don't accept candy from strangers.

Ummm, can we use something other than 'candy' for this lesson? Candy is my friend.

I don't usually take anything from anybody (except candy of course). But then do you think the guy just targeted people on that JIRA issue with this? Or was he after me because I look so ridiculously good?

Anyways, it didn't do anything except make me look like an early version of the iRobot robot. And only until I followed directions and replaced their outfit with my own again. I'd already been having problems with parts of my body missing at times.

Hi Kascha. I never got any IM from a so-called Phoenix support and in all cases, I never accept anything from someone I don't know. I know it must be very frustrating for you not being able to wear your tattoo layers... Have you tried to desinstall completely then reinstall Phoenix?

As for these IMs saying "hey, I love you, I want to know you more, ect", I received one in my PM box in the forums. I reported it then deleted it. It seems this a new form of spamming and Lexie Linden said LL was working on that.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hi Kascha. I never got any IM from a so-called Phoenix support and in all cases, I never accept anything from someone I don't know. I know it must be very frustrating for you not being able to wear your tattoo layers... Have you tried to desinstall completely then reinstall Phoenix?

As for these IMs saying "hey, I love you, I want to know you more, ect", I received one in my PM box in the forums. I reported it then deleted it. It seems this a new form of spamming and Lexie Linden said LL was working on that.

Thanks. I know I don't normally do that either, but I'm so fed up with this rez, rebake, restart, character test, reinstall grind just to change a pair of pants and replace an alpha layer it's ridiculous. It's making it really hard to get back into things and feel comfortable, especially since I know it's all about V2 because I can still do whatever I want in Ascent or Singularity on 1.x code and have no texture, layer, cloud, or lag issues at all, but I have plenty of issues looking the way I have planned for myself to look.

I actually wasn't even using Phoenix. I had Firestorm installed, and used that when its turn came up in the daily rotation. I've since uninstalled every viewer and then re-installed official 2.6.1 and everything has improved except my complete inability to hide my feet with a worn alpha layer (for a particular pair of sandals) and a continuing inability to change pants. After about 5 character tests last night, a friend reported that I was still wearing the pink polka-dot ruth shorts of the test female, same as I could see from my viewer, and I could not take them off, see them listed as worn, or replace them, despite other pants showing as worn.

It's pathetic. :smileymad:

Kascha Matova wrote:

Part of the problem is because LL changed what's included in the appearance, they added the AV physics data fields to the appearance data when they introduced 2.6.3. Most viewers that aren't current with the latest appearance setup are not recognizing the new physics data that's now included, and as a result are dropping the entire appearance update. That is why many aren't able to change outfits / certain body parts / alpha & tattoo layers, and why many cannot get their AV out of cloud form lately. It is also why many of those with older viewers are seeing newer V2 users as clouds or ruthed, because their older viewer cannot recognize or accept the new appearance format. LL has flat out said there's no way they'd consider NOT expanding on options and things for the AV, and reverting the code to preserve backward compatibility would mean just that. It's now up to the individual TPV developers to keep their viewers compatible and their users in the loop with these new changes. Chances are, using the most current LL viewer, or the 2.6.4 or 2.6.6 development viewer, or Kirstens RC4a will fix the problem. There are also other TPVs that I believe are current with LLs latest appearance changes, though I've heard that Firestorm IS NOT (not yet).

Dana Hickman wrote:

Kascha Matova wrote:

Part of the problem is because LL
changed
what's included in the appearance, they added the AV physics data fields to the appearance data when they introduced 2.6.3. Most viewers that aren't current with the latest appearance setup are not recognizing the new physics data that's now included, and as a result are
dropping
the entire appearance update. That is why many aren't able to change outfits / certain body parts / alpha & tattoo layers, and why many cannot get their AV out of cloud form lately. It is also why many of those with older viewers are seeing newer V2 users as clouds or ruthed, because their older viewer cannot recognize or accept the new appearance format. LL has flat out said there's no way they'd consider NOT expanding on options and things for the AV, and reverting the code to preserve backward compatibility would mean just that. It's now up to the individual TPV developers to keep their viewers compatible and their users in the loop with these new changes. Chances are, using the most current LL viewer, or the 2.6.4 or 2.6.6 development viewer, or Kirstens RC4a will fix the problem. There are also other TPVs that I believe are current with LLs latest appearance changes, though I've heard that Firestorm IS NOT (not yet).

Hey Dana :womantongue:

The problem is, I still have this issue with the latest official SL viewers. I've gone back to 2.6.1 to eliminate several other issues, and stayed with it, but the inability to change pants issue persists no matter which V2 version I use, all the way up to the 2.6.6 viewer that just came out, and both latest Firestorm and latest Kirstens.

The only way I can change my pants now is to:

1. Log in with a 1.x viewer like Ascent, Cool Viewer VL or Singularity.

2. Put on my 1.x outfit which has me looking as much like my V2 self as possible but with most tattoo layer stuff like lashes, cleavage enhancers, and prim lipstick either done as attachments or not worn at all, and my hairbase as my one worn tattoo.

3. Change pants and overwrite the 1.x outfit with current outfit contents, then log back in on a V2 viewer

4. Character test Female, then replace current outfit with 1.x outfit, now with my new pants included.

5. Replace 1.x outfit with V2 outfit.

I'm almost scared to find out what would happen with a dress or skirt, lol. And technically this is not fixing the problem, since all this does is ensure that when wearing the V2 outfit fails to load the pants I chose, it leaves me wearing the last ones I had on, which are the same exact pants.

That's because there's been changes to the structure of the outfits format as well (to allow for the addition of physics data and new clothing item type), and using a 1.x (or pre-physics) created outfit isn't sending all the necessary info to the update. Try NOT wearing an outfit using a physics-enabled viewer, then recreate that outfit from the original parts (not links previously created in 1.x) in that newer viewer. If the physics V2 version of that outfit works as it should (which I'm betting it will) then it's proof that 1.x outfits are for 1.x and early 2.x, but not for the latest versions of 2.x.

Dana Hickman wrote:

That's because there's been changes to the structure of the outfits format as well (to allow for the addition of physics data and new clothing item type), and using a 1.x (or pre-physics) created outfit isn't sending all the necessary info to the update. Try NOT wearing an outfit using a physics-enabled viewer, then recreate that outfit from the original parts (not links previously created in 1.x) in that newer viewer. If the physics V2 version of that outfit works as it should (which I'm betting it will) then it's proof that 1.x outfits are for 1.x and early 2.x, but not for the latest versions of 2.x.

I'll give this a try tonight. Thanks.

Physics. What physics could be attached to my pants only? The ability to fly off in the complete absence of wind or good judgment? Actually don't answer that :matte-motes-whistle:

LMAO.. actually it's not just your pants but your whole appearance. They added extra number spots to the appearance data that gets sent to the server (when you save or rebake), so if someone IS wearing a physics layer then those slider numbers get sent right along with your shape numbers and worn item info. Instead of making a separate update procedure just for physics, they opted to combine the two so it's more efficient is all. In the process I'm guessing some of the older things got jumbled out of sequence from how they used to be, which is why some people on older viewers (or using older outfit assets created on them) are having appearance issues when they never did before.

Dana Hickman wrote:

LMAO.. actually it's not just your pants but your whole appearance. They added extra number spots to the appearance data that gets sent to the server (when you save or rebake), so if someone IS wearing a physics layer then those slider numbers get sent right along with your shape numbers and worn item info. Instead of making a separate update procedure just for physics, they opted to combine the two so it's more efficient is all. In the process I'm guessing some of the older things got jumbled out of sequence from how they used to be, which is why some people on older viewers (or using older outfit assets created on them) are having appearance issues when they never did before.

Okay here's food for thought...

I'm in the middle of trying this. I started up, rezzed as a cloud, and immediately did a character test, which got rid of the cloud.

I was at a store, so I tp'd home as ruth and closed all my windows, and then did a Detach All, and then a Remove all Clothing.

Found out several items in my 1.x folder were No Copy. Oops. Good thing I didn't delete those outfit folders. Returned them where they belong.

Started from scratch, with ruth wearing bra and panties. Put on my 10,000 custom shape, variation #6 of the 8 included.

The @$&^@@%^@ pink polkadot pants character test female usually wears pop up on me with my shape! This has never happened before! If I wasn't wearing clothing before when I had nothing but my shape on then you saw my goodies!

What is THAT about?!

I change to another shape and same thing. Another? Same thing. Is this the way it is now? Does it have something to do with nudity changes or was it always like that and I never noticed? Maybe because I'm on Moderate land (although I'm in my house).

I dunno nothing anymoarrrrrr!

Edit: Okay, here's what's happening. It's a screwup. You can see that that texture is baked on and persists even with something over it like the shorts below. I could also see the polka dot pants under a pair of jeans I changed into just before these shorts. So now I can change pants but part of my body is being replaced permanently by these pink pants.

Dana make it stop!!! :womansad:

whatThe_002.jpg

Edit Edit: Girl Next Door->Glitch Pants->Off

Dana, would I be asking too much of you if I needed you to unsee this entire post? Ugh...

And I'm back to normal. Yay! I guess something to remember for others like me who didn't realize is that Remove All Clothes and Detach All when applied to the test character female outfit do not remove the underwear layer item, the eyes, or the eyebrow shaping, and neither does Replace Outfit. Those have to be removed manually.

Mendocino Headlands 3@ Briar Rose, Belleville (122, 23, 103).png

Kascha Matova wrote:

And I'm back to normal. Yay! I guess something to remember for others like me who didn't realize is that Remove All Clothes and Detach All when applied to the test character female outfit do not remove the underwear layer item, the eyes, or the eyebrow shaping, and neither does Replace Outfit. Those have to be removed manually.

I have had problems with Remove All for various reason for a long time now.  If you have two shirts only one of them will come off and it may also grey out the option to remove the other shirt from the ricght-click menu.  Because of this, I have gotten into the habit of taking things off one at a time either with the right-click menu or through the current outfit sidebar.

Scratch what I said earlier. Remove pants = false is back and better than ever tonight, despite relogs, reboots, 5 character tests, and lots of cursing and wheedling.

Also, apparently incensed by my dismissal of it as simply "an oversight on my part", the glitch pants from the character test female outfit have made a point of proving to me that it was no "oversight". Tonight they're on despite me searching through every folder in my inventory for them and observing that none of them are being listed as worn.

</rope>

</report>

Still a bit unsure as to why so many character tests are needed. I've never had to use that even once in nearly 5 years. Try removing all clothing layers MANUALLY from the worn tab, clearing the cache (to rule out any previous textures involving those dreaded polkadot shorts), relog, and use "show unloaded avatar" to get rid of the cloud (set to true in debug settings, or may be in the menus depending on what viewer your using). Doing it that way doesn't change any inventory worn. You may also turn off "use HTTP Textures" as there's still some wierdness with it in some viewers, and I would advise against using "allow HTTP Inventory" (if your viewer has that option) in the current situation. If your trying all this on the 2.4.1 you said you went back to, none of this will fix it.. that viewer is too old and does not have the latest updates.

I'm on 2.6.1, and I've been operating with HTTP Textures turned off the whole time actually.

What I have noticed is that things improve if I dress from the original pieces every time instead of using the outfits. Maybe there's something borked about the linking, I don't know, but whenever I get dressed wearing the actual objects one by one, I am able to operate as normal and change clothes at will. It's just annoying to have to do that because I have to character test or something else every time I log in and then start from scratch.

But it's better than what's been happening, so I'll take it. I always did things one by one before outfits, so I'll just have to go back to that. :womanindifferent:

2.6.1 is what I meant instead of 2.4.1.. 2.6.1 isn't up to date with the last round of changes that LL put into place, and It also doesn't have the latest exploit patch either. It's what I've been trying to say this whole time, that version is not compatible now that the entire system for appearance has changed. If avoiding outfits helps some on this version, then using the latest official LL client or the newest Kirstens (which I use) will completely fix the issue for you and you can go back to using outfits as well. 2.6.1 came out before physics, and there's been at least 2 major updates to the appearance format since then.. it's no wonder that viewer is getting confused and giving you these problems.

Dana Hickman wrote:

2.6.1 is what I meant instead of 2.4.1.. 2.6.1 isn't up to date with the last round of changes that LL put into place, and It also doesn't have the latest exploit patch either. It's what I've been trying to say this whole time,
that version is not compatible now that the entire system for appearance has changed
. If avoiding outfits helps some on this version, then using the latest official LL client or the newest Kirstens (which I use)
will completely fix the issue for you
and you can go back to using outfits as well. 2.6.1 came out before physics, and there's been at least 2 major updates to the appearance format since then.. it's no wonder that viewer is getting confused and giving you these problems.

Okay then fun-loving dancing woman with the smiley that whistles in the corner! I'll give the latest version a try again. So there! LOL :womanwink:

I was under the impression that the physics layer glitch would cause people using viewer 1.x based viewers to see you as the default avatar, while anybody using viewer 2.x based ones would see you normally? And you would see yourself as normal and not necessarily have all kinds of baking issues?

Also, I believe issues with wearing tattoo layers (and also probably alpha layers) goes back to the viewer version when these were introduced. That is, I don't believe rebaking issues because of these two layers is new since the introduction of physics layers. Void Singer gave a plausible explanation of what is happening in this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Multiple-tattoo-layers-causing-avatar-rebake-failure/m-p/877681#M2382 and I've seen that particular issue in v. 2.6.1.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.