Payment Info on Alts

kitty19841984

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm curious to know if an alt can have payment info as well. I have a store  on MP on my main account but  wanted  to recreate it using an alt that i will use for my building, creating etc. I wanted to be able to have my payment info on her  as well as me but i have heard mixed options on the topic. Some  say it's ok as long as it's only 1 other account, some say no i can get perma banned, others  say i can add the payment info so it can get registered as on file and then delete  it since technically alts arnt suposid to. What do i  do here? Thanks

6 answers to this question

Every account is completely separate.  As far as Linden Lab is concerned, your alts are all different people, even though they may conveniently live at the same address in RL.  So, each one must register a verified payment method.  Now, you may certainly use the same payment information for all of them if you wish.  That's just like letting your spouse and all of your children use your credit card. 

• Like 3

While I agree with Rolig in theory (LOL) Linden Lab linked my alts LONG ago and they all of a sudden had "payment info used" when they had never added payment info.   So they definitely know who belongs to who. That being said, mistakes can be made. I have some real life friends who lived together. Had separate computers (several as they are in the biz) but the same dedicated IP. To LL it LOOKS like they are the same person (maybe) even with different credit cards. So mistakes can be made. 

Since many people on these forums have "armies of alts" in order to take advantage of the group tier thing and they have been good for YEARS, I don't think you have to worry.

There WAS a time period when alts needed separate credit card info in order to make a Marketplace account, but that seems to have gone away. Someone else will have more recent info on that part of the equation. 

And yes, I have several accounts now that use the same Paypal account (I just went premium for the first time for the new Linden Homes :D).  No issues. Play nice and be a good community member and you will likely be fine. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.