I joined sl on Thursday and put my cc details in and they still haven't gone through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys,

I joined up on Thursday. I entered my credit card details into the system and they still haven't gone through should I delete them and try again? My account is up and running but I cannot upgrade or purchase any L$. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for your time.

5 answers to this question

You should be good to go to purchase Lindens now, really.  Have you checked your account on your dashboard?   Just FYI, there are limits to how many lindens you can purchase, initially.  You can get that information here 

While it's been several years for me, I do not recall it taking more than 24 hours initially for me to have LL setup with my cc to buy lindens.

I would suggest trying to buy L$ because even if the billing info didn`t work the first time it gets added to your account in the process of buying L$.

There have been a few problems with the billing system lately, especially if you are outside of the US, so if it does cause you any problems you can always make a free call to the Billing number.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

yeah my account is still pending on the dashboard, I cannot purchase anything yet. It could be because the Aussie dollar is higher than the American atm too...

Thanks for your help.

I cannot purchase anything as yet, I am thinking that it is because the Aussie dollar is above the American atm. I would be nice to have an Aussie support number, as it costs a fortune to call billing. Thanks for trying to help I'll just wait for things to settle down on the site...

I agree about the support for Australia and NZ, it sucks. Calling the regular number using Skype can be free or much cheaper if you try that option. Otherwise I would try that email address support@payments.secondlife.com

I can`t see why the exchange rate should make a difference, Lindex converts all currencies into US$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.