Group joining fee—I haven't received funds

Stiletto Sorbet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, 

I had a new member join my group for 10,000L a few hours ago, and those funds appear to be on hold somewhere in Linden Lab ether!

I am the only one in the group who has accounting privileges and liabilities enabled in my group.

There is a statement on the Land$ summary page that says: Summary for this week, beginning on 04/24/2019.  The next stipend day is 05/01/2019. 

It's now  05/01/2019 and still no payment.  And by stipend, am I to assume that I'll only get a partial payment?

Any clarification will be welcome. Thank you, Stiletto Sorbet

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Stiletto Sorbet said:

Hello, 

I had a new member join my group for 10,000L a few hours ago, and those funds appear to be on hold somewhere in Linden Lab ether!

I am the only one in the group who has accounting privileges and liabilities enabled in my group.

There is a statement on the Land$ summary page that says: Summary for this week, beginning on 04/24/2019.  The next stipend day is 05/01/2019. 

It's now  05/01/2019 and still no payment.  And by stipend, am I to assume that I'll only get a partial payment?

My group join fees are normally paid the following day.  As a general rule it appears to be around 3 am slt.  Paid to all in the group that have Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends ticked in group abilities

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stiletto Sorbet said:

Hello, 

Do you have a transaction listing somewhere for L$10,000, or is just the word of the person who joined?

It's been years since I've heard of people trying to wreak havoc by depositing large (for SL) sums of ill-gotten money in innocent people's accounts to force LL to freeze their assets. Maybe this is something like that?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You're charging $L10,000 to join your group?  And someone was dumb enough to pay it?

Wow.

Wow twice, even.

Looks like a FinDom  group.  We are in the wrong business 🤣

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 5:56 PM, Stiletto Sorbet said:

Hello, 

You may want to consider setting up rental systems to pay into one which then sends an invite, rather than have to wait on when payment is made by LL. The payment will show in transaction history of the payer, not sure about the payee though, but it definitely states if a group payment made to which group etc, I checked in one of my own just to see what does come up :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.