Um, Rich? What about rich in character, soul, compassion, life learning & heart?  This kind of snobbish play has been done to death SL! As already said ..why would somebody wealthy / rich be even playing SL!  Probably IM a few of the top creators see if they want to join the circle. Pfft!

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, StevenSmith1 said:

To me it sounds like she is trying to create some sort of role play group for elitest women, who act rich and posh looking down their upturned noses at us regular folks. 

Hard telling.  She created the same thread in "Make Friends", "Lifestyles and Relationships", and "General Discussion" - but not in "Role Playing".

ETA: Though it does look like the one in General Discussion got removed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'm the Queen of Bedistan

how do I become one of your subjects? Will I become wealthy if I do?  lol, I want to be a pretty, pretty princess.    

10 hours ago, VoulaHerb said:

I try to create a small close group - social circle for "rich only" Ladies for socializing purposes ...if you are interested send me a notecard or im in game (voulaherb resident)

There isn't enough money in the world to pay me to be in such a pretentiously ostentatious social circle.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There isn't enough money in the world to pay me to be in such a pretentiously ostentatious social circle.

I do pretention for nuthin'. It'd be wonderful to get paid for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, VoulaHerb said:

I try to create a small close group - social circle for "rich only" Ladies for socializing purposes ...if you are interested send me a notecard or im in game (voulaherb resident)

Is it going to be a Philanthropic group?

Are you going to do good works based on your expenditure?

Will your group be available for early access to events to get the spending rolling?

Would you be interested in said events charging your group members a fee for access, so that you can be sure that the members of your group are in fact what they are claiming to be, as in wealthy beyond normal means.

Is there an inventory amount criteria (I am in the top 3% of the grid (made up stats have to be odd numbers it is a Sasy rule) ).

Will the group be open to sponsoring the non wealthy on shopping expeditions? kind of a " take a poor friend to the mall " day 

Is there a check list created so people can fill it in to know who is wealthy who is not ?

Example :

Q. can you afford Stiletto Moody Shoes (old content but those that know know) 

A. I could buy the store every week but did not own one pair because anyone claiming to be the best often isn't

Q. How many actual Exclusives have you owned in SL 

A. Only one or two, what is the point owning something fabulous if others cannot aspire to also owning it

Q. Do you pay for everything within Second Life or do you have to purchase lindens?

A. I am too wealthy to purchase lindens, LL does not recognise the Black Amex (ok just joking on that last part but I did hold one once) 

My guess/assumption on this is that it is a group of girls that want to shop a lot, without having to worry that everyone cannot afford to, so there is no guilt on having more than others. That or they are hoping to latch on to those that have more, or those that have friends and partners with more, but in general it is a taste to taste thing, they want the lifestyle they believe wealth brings, but in Second Life investing a hundred dollars birthday money can give you all the appearance of wealth with no back up. If you are looking at wanting educated wealth, people that will bring about conversation and intellect because you believe it is wealth that encourages that dig deeper. Have fun with whatever you do though, I was just playing because it is an interesting thread :)

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I  wish I had her principles, but I do not, I would be  willing to join, if someone paid me enough to be rich

Beverly-Hillbillies-Family-in-the-car.jp

Can I bring Ma and Pa and my brother along to.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

I  wish I had her principles, but I do not, I would be  willing to join, if someone paid me enough to be rich

Beverly-Hillbillies-Family-in-the-car.jp

Can I bring Ma and Pa and my brother along to.

texas teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( I am going to be singing that song all day now)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'm quite sick of the current trend toward othering. 

All people are people. You will get on with some. The only time you should look at someone else's plate isn't to see how much more they have, it's to make sure they have enough.

Oh .. You can't tell anything about someone from how they talk to you ... although, there is somewhat of an inverse correlation between actual wealth and posh-ness in my experience.

Edited by CoffeeDujour
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

define wealthy?

13 hours ago, VoulaHerb said:

Inside 15-20 % of their country 

Oh, that's rich 😏

I'll pass on the group thing, but thanks for the offer, Hon.

I'm wondering if there will be cookies at these meetings?

Rich or poor, everyone loves cookies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Catrie said:

how do I become one of your subjects? Will I become wealthy if I do?  lol, I want to be a pretty, pretty princess.    

The currency of Bedistan is the Zz. If you decide to emigrate and become a Bedistani citizen (we have embassies all over the world!) then you will indeed become rich in Zzzzs. Particularly dedicated Bedistanis who worship at the altar of our god, Pillo, for 7+ hours per day experience particular health and memory boons that Pillo grants them. Our beloved country's motto is Sanus, dives, sapiens.

Join us today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)

-She states in her profile, she is interessted in classism and so on, she makes art, and talks about. Reminds me guys, who dream about a ferrari or other super cars.
-In her profile pics she uses a maid costume... not really a sign of wealth, but most likely just interessted in different roleplays.
-The trees in the background of that pic look not very 3D. My guess is a outstanding fancy mansion 100LD skybox.
-In her profile you find groups like Rock Cafe, Greek World and Hellas. Very down to earth...
-Another group she is in (Falling down the social ladder) says: "A group for those, like me, that enjoy roleplaying how rich or privileged women fall down the social ladder."

Dont get triggered, probably next week she will ask for a broom. :)

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

how does that saying go ? oh! yes

Darling! I don't need to be in a group, as every maitre d', butler and chauffeur in this town knows who I am. And those who don't, want to, and bow me in as soon as they see me

Edited by Mollymews
typs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

-Another group she is in (Falling down the social ladder) says: "A group for those, like me, that enjoy roleplaying how rich or privileged women fall down the social ladder."

She's in SL begging rich women to talk to her, I think she's managed it for real. 

On 4/30/2019 at 7:22 PM, Skell Dagger said:

I'm the Queen of Bedistan, and I'm definitely inside 15-20% of my country. (Well, for at least 7 hours of the day, anyway.) By the OP's definition that makes me wealthy and eligible to join her group! 😃

What a shame I'm not a lady. 😥

But you could be...….if the perks were worth it!

My dear, I wouldn't deign to be a member of any group that would admit me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4