Jump to content
anna2358

How soon is soon.....

Recommended Posts

I would just like to ask if you need to be logged into the customize your home page to claim the new Linden Homes?  If so, is this the page that you keep refreshing to see if there are any new homes available?  And if so, do I need to be logged into SL in order to claim my new home?   I have been a member in SL for a while, but I have never really been too much into the housing.  I am very excited to try and eventually get a new home, I am just trying to figure out how it all works.  Thanks! =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caitlyn Zeurra said:

I would just like to ask if you need to be logged into the customize your home page to claim the new Linden Homes?  If so, is this the page that you keep refreshing to see if there are any new homes available?  And if so, do I need to be logged into SL in order to claim my new home?   I have been a member in SL for a while, but I have never really been too much into the housing.  I am very excited to try and eventually get a new home, I am just trying to figure out how it all works.  Thanks! 😃

You need to log in to your dashboard and click on the 'Get your home now' button on the picture showing the 'Your own private home in Second Life' advert. If there are any houses/houseboats available in Bellisseria they will be on the first page. If you get the page with the drop down for the old homes, then that's the page you need to refresh until one shows up on Bellissaria. I don't believe you need to be logged in to Second Life to do this.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Caitlyn Zeurra said:

I would just like to ask if you need to be logged into the customize your home page to claim the new Linden Homes?  If so, is this the page that you keep refreshing to see if there are any new homes available?  And if so, do I need to be logged into SL in order to claim my new home?   I have been a member in SL for a while, but I have never really been too much into the housing.  I am very excited to try and eventually get a new home, I am just trying to figure out how it all works.  Thanks! 😃

You do not need to be logged into SL. You do it from the Dashboard under Account -> Premium Membership. You do need to be logged in on that site. From the Premium Membership page, look at the upper left box and click it. You will see a page of available homes if you have sufficient land allowance available to claim one. That is the page you will refresh if you don't see one of the new (traditional or houseboat) homes displayed. Good luck!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caitlyn Zeurra said:

I would just like to ask if you need to be logged into the customize your home page to claim the new Linden Homes?  If so, is this the page that you keep refreshing to see if there are any new homes available?  And if so, do I need to be logged into SL in order to claim my new home?   I have been a member in SL for a while, but I have never really been too much into the housing.  I am very excited to try and eventually get a new home, I am just trying to figure out how it all works.  Thanks! 😃

You claim a home through the customize your home page, so you don't need to be logged into SL in order to claim a home.

That is also the page that people are refreshing in-between the phased releases to see if they can nab a new house or houseboat that someone has just abandoned (doesn't happen too frequently, but  a few have been lucky this way!).    

On the customize your home page, if the theme selection box shows "Meadowbrook" when you load (or refresh) the page, then there are not any new homes available yet.  

You might also want to follow Patch Linden's post:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone for such a quick response.  I now have all the correct information and the right posts to follow.  Fingers crossed that maybe I will get a new home this year.  Thanks again! 😃

Edited by Caitlyn Zeurra
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, anna2358 said:

Clearly soon is longer that 2 weeks.

I wish I hadn't started this thread.  It was meant as jocular remark.

Come on you lot!  LAUGH!

 

download.jpeg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one in my grasp and then... it was gone. *POOF* just like that. Farewell sweet house, you were almost mine.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barbie Glas said:

I had one in my grasp and then... it was gone. *POOF* just like that. Farewell sweet house, you were almost mine.

Sending my condolences lol -- that happened to me a week ago & haven't seen one since!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xrockinfree said:

OMG ... refreshed again literally 5 seconds after my previous reply and got one!

♥♥ CONGRATS! ♥♥ 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xrockinfree said:

OMG ... refreshed again literally 5 seconds after my previous reply and got one!

Maybe some folks are going ahead and abandoning so that they are ready for a launch of the new houseboats as soon as it happens.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe some folks are going ahead and abandoning so that they are ready for a launch of the new houseboats as soon as it happens.

Might be -- it's in a pretty nice location, right by the road on a corner w/ an ocean view!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The test map area has a few larger land masses being added and alot of boat areas. Hopefully it is ready soon. Want reg house not boat. 

Until then im the mail man. good way to have fun and scope out ideas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, anna2358 said:

Clearly soon is longer that 2 weeks.

Ok I am getting excited cos I saw the Land teriform within a minute by some magic invisible-ness....LOL?

Linden-Homes-Coming-Soon-Sign.jpg

Zone of The Sign.JPG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Talking about synchronicity (as Jung called it), I was just listening to Natalie Imbruglia's album 'Male', and just heard her sing:

"The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part."

LOL. You tell 'em, girl!

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

Ok I am getting excited cos I saw the Land teriform within a minute by some magic invisible-ness....LOL?

Linden-Homes-Coming-Soon-Sign.jpg

Zone of The Sign.JPG

 

That mini-mesh avi of yours is supercute! I have a few of those too, but it's hard shopping for clothes for them. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, xrockinfree said:

OMG ... refreshed again literally 5 seconds after my previous reply and got one!

♥♥ CONGRATS! ♥♥     I did a refresh moments ago, one showed up, but when I presed next got the "sorry you lose sucker" screen. Guess someone was quicker on the mouse then I was 😕

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

  I did a refresh moments ago, one showed up, but when I presed next got the "sorry you lose sucker" screen. Guess someone was quicker on the mouse then I was 😕

You were a step closer than I've been this week - I haven't even had one show up yet.  I know I should just be patient and wait for the new release, but whenever I read in here that someone 'just got one', I think well, maybe I'll get lucky too, lol!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may just be stuck getting a houseboat when they pop, as I just can't seem to catch any of the houses people are abandoning.

In fact, I haven't seen a single one..

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, s2Pandora said:

I think I may just be stuck getting a houseboat when they pop, as I just can't seem to catch any of the houses people are abandoning.

In fact, I haven't seen a single one..

Hang fast... there will be more once the houseboats release. That's when people that want to make the swap will abandon houses

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

I think I may just be stuck getting a houseboat when they pop, as I just can't seem to catch any of the houses people are abandoning.

In fact, I haven't seen a single one..

Once the new batch of houseboats actually becomes available, I have no doubt there will be a lot more houses being abandoned. Right now it is must one here and one there, but when the houseboats release, I think it will be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Once the new batch of houseboats actually becomes available, I have no doubt there will be a lot more houses being abandoned. Right now it is must one here and one there, but when the houseboats release, I think it will be different.

I think you may be right LittleMe Jewell ... but the million dollar question is when will they be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dick Spad said:

I think you may be right LittleMe Jewell ... but the million dollar question is when will they be released?

bee204a4d8d0e64f0820d83ebf90977c--quick-

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...