How soon is soon.....

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

55 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Well let's see. Partner was Mormon for 35 years, poor treatment and statements lead to depression and issues for the family do to their pressure and manipulation (you would have to be in it for that long to understand the level). If you live in Utah, you learn what that means. Especially when pressure becomes threat. When teens commit suicide as a result.

Living in a sate that constantly fights rights, equality, 

It is hard for people not in the situation to comprehend.

Please tell me you are not really comparing RL depression and suicide issues to the experience of not yet getting a new shiny Linden Home.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Am I the only one who wonders why he said not before this weekend rather than not before next week? I know it's probably ridiculous to even consider this, but I keep wondering if it might happen during a weekend since there were complaints about the first release occurring on a weekday during work hours. I know it's a crazy thought ... but hey I do have crazy thoughts more often that I probably should. :P 

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I will be up early...looking for the telltale dots on the map...

I hope not.  I have to work tomorrow morning and thus won't be able to watch the new round of whining from those that still don't manage to get a houseboat.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Am I the only one who wonders why he said not before this weekend rather than not before next week? I know it's probably ridiculous to even consider this, but I keep wondering if it might happen during a weekend since there were complaints about the first release occurring on a weekday during work hours. I know it's a crazy thought ... but hey I do have crazy thoughts more often that I probably should. :P 

If so, that would be amazing! But has LL ever released big things on the weekend?

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I hope not.  I have to work tomorrow morning and thus won't be able to watch the new round of whining from those that still don't manage to get a houseboat.

It should be interesting.  For those wanting to switch from a new house to a houseboat, unless you have a premium alt on hand, you'd have to abandon the new house first - it's possible, depending on how fast the houseboats go, to lose out altogether.  Though I'm sure any increase in premium accounts is welcomed by LL. 

I gave up my house last week and switched my free 1024 sqm back to my mainland tier, so I won't be in the running for the next phase, but I think more accounts will be trying to get a spot right away, so I'm wondering if they will go even faster than they did initially.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xrockinfree said:

If so, that would be amazing! But has LL ever released big things on the weekend?

I can't think of anytime ever .. that's why it's crazy .. it's why I have been thinking it since I heard the statement but didn't comment until now.... cause it's a crazy thought!!!!

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I can't think of anytime ever .. that's why it's crazy .. it's why I have been thinking it since I heard the statement but didn't comment until now.... cause it's a crazy thought!!!!

29726346.jpg

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Rolling restarts happen midweek. My guess is, just after those. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Noooo! I've got you on the list to bring the popcorn!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I will be up early...looking for the telltale dots on the map...

Just don't spit take your green morning kale smoothie or you'll be running around like crazy for nothing ....

1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

are you that clueless? Or simply can't comprehend the reflection of two situations? Reflect back to the sarcasm in a comment in reflection to Ostracized, and maybe you can put both together. 

Um, no. See, you're trying to equate two situations that are of such a different order of magnitude, it's honestly just crazy talk. Do I understand what it's like to live in Utah? Actually, I don't, LOL (ill-chosen example to react to, my bad), but I can certainly emphasize with someone being 'ostracized by the community,' for whatever social reasons. Thing just is, we're talking pixel homes here (and even then only about getting one a bit later). That does not compare to 'teen suicide' as a result of years of mental torture, or to depression, on any level. And that's why I called for perspective.

You know, when I first came to this Linden Homes forum, I was a mite disappointed too; and, in all honesty, a bit annoyed as well, as I wasn't able to get a home myself. But then, inside of like 10 minutes, Patch Linden posted, saying they're diligently working on making more. That kinda took the sting out of it, for me. I mean, it's really hard to stay upset when you just heard others are genuinely working very hard to accommodate your needs too. At least, for me.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am expecting at least one "you will be hearing from my lawyer" to come from the next wave.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Um, no. See, you're trying to equate two situations that are of such a different order of magnitude, it's honestly just crazy talk. Do I understand what it's like to live in Utah? Actually, I don't, LOL (ill-chosen example to react to, my bad), but I can certainly emphasize with someone being 'ostracized by the community,' for whatever social reasons. Thing just is, we're talking pixel homes here (and even then only about getting one a bit later). That does not compare to 'teen suicide' as a result of years of mental torture, or to depression, on any level. And that's why I called for perspective.

You know, when I first came to this Linden Homes forum, I was a mite disappointed too; and, in all honesty, a bit annoyed as well, as I wasn't able to get a home myself. But then, inside of like 10 minutes, Patch Linden posted, saying they're diligently working on making more. That kinda took the sting out of it, for me. I mean, it's really hard to stay upset when you just heard others are genuinely working very hard to accommodate your needs too. At least, for me.

I know they are wring on it, Im very disappointed in the way they did it, they are normally n top of things. People complain all the time and fly off the handle when ever things crash. I myself find it amazing they keep the complexity running as well as it does.

The homes are a bit more exciting. The neighborhoods have the core of SL and people want away from other aspects of SL.  Im not angry, but I expect better from SL in this particular situation because they are better. SL is not just a pixel town. Linden labs has created a template or other games and content for the past 15 years.

16 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Im not angry, but I expect better from SL in this particular situation because they are better. SL is not just a pixel town. Linden labs has created a template or other games and content for the past 15 years.

Even though they denied it a bit, I think it's still fair to say they slightly underestimated the rush on these new homes. I'm on a private island, so I'm not in dire need of a linden home per se, but are still looking very much forward to getting mine. :)

ATTENTION...

How soon is soon, from the sounds of it, it could be today!

QUICKLY, run like the wind, ABANDON you home, do it now, or your going to miss getting that shiny new Houseboat your longing for. You will still be picking up your stuff and moving out and then, poof, all the Houseboats are gone and your left homeless, or, OH NO, back in a 512!

But give me a minute to get in place to get your house... okay I’m ready...

ABANDON – ABANDON – ABANDON!!! Do it now.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

YAY!!! I wish you well in your new home! :D

i just  cant believe  it  ,it was like WTF ?  quikly typing numbers and hope it wouldnt vanish   ,and it stands so lovely   😊

2 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

My bet is Monday around noon the new houses will be unleashed.

I highly doubt noon on Monday.  That is the time of the last release and too many folks complained that they reason they didn't get a houseboat is because they were at work and/or bed time.  When noon SLT,, then midnight somewhere else.  Then those folks have to typically get up and go right too work.

My bet is that whichever day they release, it will definitely not be at noon.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Even though they denied it a bit, I think it's still fair to say they slightly underestimated the rush on these new homes. I'm on a private island, so I'm not in dire need of a linden home per se, but are still looking very much forward to getting mine. :)

I'm trying to pull people in, we were on chat support with premiums we created for individuals with disabilities. THe communication breakdown was the chat rep 2 weeks ago stating if you create the premium account, they will have access to the new style homes immediately. That was not the case. Clearly it was an outsourced group on the weekend not aware of the situations. 

So right now I have them learning better control on the Virtual ability region and some temp places were set up.  Funding is no longer good, so its volunteers out of pocket to help them. SL is the best platform in this case. 

If there is a set back, they should tell the chat groups better, and a post. I think estimating wed is the best logical aspect. After restarts. 

Edited by anthonytorino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.