How soon is soon.....

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, anthonytorino said:

If I can do the entire lord of  the rings sim with 5 areas including all sim sized with a custom meshed eye of Sauron tower, Dwarf mountain with mines and 5 floors, A replica of Valinor, Elf region, Hobbit region, and forest for ents and a full length story quest system in a mere 5 days.

Is that open for anyone to visit?  I'd love to see that!! 

If it's open for visitors could you post an LM or pass me one inworld?  

• Like 3

On 5/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, anthonytorino said:

If I can do the entire lord of  the rings sim with 5 areas including all sim sized with a custom meshed eye of Sauron tower, Dwarf mountain with mines and 5 floors, A replica of Valinor, Elf region, Hobbit region, and forest for ents and a full length story quest system in a mere 5 days.

SLURL please.  I'm sure many of us would love to come see.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

SLURL please.  I'm sure many of us would love to come see.

We shut down Lord of the rings: land of Khurin this past month. Due to RL expenses increasing I couldn't keep them going. It was very fun, active, but not enough donators. It was doen more like an online MMO with events where we rescipted the mesh dragon for battles and dungeon runs into mordor. THe other aspect is i burned me out. Takes alot to scheduel events, take daily RP and migrate it into events, and add on npcs to main quest line. I had to do that myself. 

Everything was backed up for layout and we will relaunch December .

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Older post with photos may or may not be the sim but only thing that Google can find: 

THat was our sim, that's my RL partner Borelek, I was also Kavarek. Mains are Dwarves. 

Edited by anthonytorino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anthony I can see you are a talented builder and hopefully your project will continue.
But...creating continents and managing others in order to complete a huge project is a totally different matter with many more considerations and complications. You are not in a position to judge the speed at which Bellisseria should be completed based on creating 5 lovely regions.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Anthony I can see you are a talented builder and hopefully your project will continue.
But...creating continents and managing others in order to complete a huge project is a totally different matter with many more considerations and complications. You are not in a position to judge the speed at which Bellisseria should be completed based on creating 5 lovely regions.

It's much easier for someone who snagged up a parcel or multiple ones via alts while other paying contributors have not been able to, to state someone is not in a postilion to Judge.

I actually am. If paying for a service, and promised services are provided to only a portion of subscribers, that becomes a poor business model, and with 30 years experience in business management, including on the pharmaceutical level, simply saying a product is coming, but while some are provided the item, and others are not, it simply is not acceptable.

I understand SSP regions need to be cross loaded to the grid from the test region. Then the parcel linked to the LWI interface on the main website and tested. However proper estimation, prep, and release is important. Since initial release it has been 2 weeks with little feedback from actual staff in charge of the project. 

My main account is a premium member for 13 years with only1 year not paid while over seas. Yet its not the account i want the L Home for. 

I am certain the staff is working on it, but the deployment was not done correctly. Nor limitations initially. However noting the size of the regions, and common ways to duplicate layouts, flip layouts, it two weeks the main central aspect should have been able to be completed, unless they are limited in the typical staff available , or taking a break. Yet that is where feedback is important. 

The positive aspect is they can rebuild the old style community with the new region. However having them available is important, rather then creating frustration, lost of feel, and lost of people's interests. 

Edited by anthonytorino

41 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's much easier for someone who snagged up a parcel or multiple ones via alts while other paying contributors have not been able to, to state someone is not in a postilion to Judge.

Except that, I have two premium alts who are homeless atm so your theory here isn't working too well. I did have a home for awhile but abandoned it, partially due to all the people without homes having meltdowns, and in part because I want a houseboat and home near the mountains.

Regarding being in a position to judge the speed at which the new continent(s) should be created...
You used your experience with the time it took to create 5 sims as a basis for evaluating how long it should take Belliserria to be completed. I'm saying your experience is not enough for you to absolutely know they are taking too long because Belliseria is a very different project from yours with many more complexities  -- you are comparing apples and oranges as they are so very different.
You can offer your opinion, or use other examples to attempt to prove they are taking too long, but the example you are offering doesn't work.

What you feel is right as a Premium member is a separate issue.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Right now, LL is probably wishing they'd just left well enough alone, and not even tried to give us anything new and nice.

I imagine they are accustomed to the armchair project managers by now and have thick skins. Always good to listen to customers, but with an understanding that many people can't see further than their nose in so many cases...

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

If paying for a service, and promised services are provided to only a portion of subscribers, that becomes a poor business model, and with 30 years experience in business management, including on the pharmaceutical level, simply saying a product is coming, but while some are provided the item, and others are not, it simply is not acceptable.

Second Life and the pharmaceutical industry would have to be more similar in order for this to be a valid comparison.

58 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Second Life and the pharmaceutical industry would have to be more similar in order for this to be a valid comparison.

The content they are creating is by far not more complex. They are not scripting NPC bots to handle multi possibility outcomes bases on actions of the person doing quests. Scripting the individual items required to cause the output. Then repeating various options for 118 npcs through the whole story aspect. They are not customizing experience scripts. 

Their main tasks is creating variance in the lands terra-forming so it does not all look the same compared to old builds. The boat houses, and main hoses are on pre-done object rezzers, they simply need to be named the the parcel id that links to the websites interface. I have a good understand of the time.

I am not saying they are doing nothing, if you read my other posts you would realize I stated they work based on Central Time hours and typically end their day by 4 or 5pm CT. 

What is factual no matter if its a pharmaceutical company, Hospital, Retail, or other services, is having sufficient supply to pay based services and goods. Communication is the basic aspect, stating we worked on this and that and hope to have it available by .... As well as planning ahead, so more are available before a few people grab what they can, and others of equal standing are left out. It's the very basics of a business model. 

Linden labs has done an amazing job over the years with the complexity of code and stability. So you know I started wit hthem when it was called Linden worlds. Much more archaic then. IT would have better to have a small the group under the seats for a longer period, then release a larger staple of houses for people. It has been 2 weeks since the initial count. In that period we should be able to see a significant amount of homes releases and controlled released. 

I'm sure the statements would be different if the account you have didn't get one, or it was lost by mistake and grabbed up fast by someone else. THe alts shouldn't even be a factor while many don't even have a single shot. 

Edited by anthonytorino

2 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

I'm sure the statements would be different if the account you have didn't get one, or it was lost by mistake and grabbed up fast by someone else. THe alts shouldn't even be a factor while many don't even have a single shot. 

Maybe it's time to look at why I think most of your theories suck instead of telling me I believe what I do because I have a Linden home (my main, Luna Bliss, is not Premium so I don't have a home).

If there's anything I've learned in my almost 15 years of creating thousands of sims (and multi-region continents) for others, is that it always takes longer than one imagines, and there are unforeseen problems I didn't take into account (especially when supervising others). How much more so must it be for such a huge project as Bellisseria.
You might keep that in mind when you judge the Bellissera project with your know-it-all, armchair project manager attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Maybe it's time to look at why I think most of your theories suck instead of telling me I believe what I do because I have a Linden home (my main, Luna Bliss, is not Premium so I don't have a home).

If there's anything I've learned in my almost 15 years of creating thousands of sims (and multi-region continents) for others, is that it always takes longer than one imagines, and there are unforeseen problems I didn't take into account (especially when supervising others). How much more so must it be for such a huge project as Bellisseria.
You might keep that in mind when you judge the Bellissera project with your know-it-all, armchair project manager attitude.

I should get you to terraform / foliage my region! L$$$$

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You seem to have the know it all attitude, not supportive of those who deserve to be able to experience the same benefits you have the opportunity to experience. 

That shows one clear factor. Lack of compassion for those not receiver the same benefit. Lack of true experience to understand resolve and improving ones skills to avoid such situations. I enjoy SL, I have since it was Linden World prior to it going public and have seen it grow, and the engine finally improved (hopefully it will be again). . 

I know many self righteous people who are negative to those often ostracized by society. That reflection came out clearly.

8 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:
5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Right now, LL is probably wishing they'd just left well enough alone, and not even tried to give us anything new and nice.

Everyone except for @Patch Linden. I think Patch is loving every minute of this.

Kind of like owning a Husky, this is why we can’t have nice things!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

You seem to have the know it all attitude, not supportive of those who deserve to be able to experience the same benefits you have the opportunity to experience. 

That shows one clear factor. Lack of compassion for those not receiver the same benefit. Lack of true experience to understand resolve and improving ones skills to avoid such situations. I enjoy SL, I have since it was Linden World prior to it going public and have seen it grow, and the engine finally improved (hopefully it will be again). . 

I know many self righteous people who are negative to those often ostracized by society. That reflection came out clearly.

Give me a break...you must be trying to yank my chain...lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I should get you to terraform / foliage my region! L$$$$

You should!

I have a new sky sim named Desert Fantasy (well I would if I'd just get the final steps done!  Damm those big prim intersecting other avatars problem making me have to break it into smaller linked sets.....now there's something to gripe at LL about!)

...full region....perfect for a desert kitty... :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

We shut down Lord of the rings: land of Khurin this past month. Due to RL expenses increasing I couldn't keep them going. It was very fun, active, but not enough donators. It was doen more like an online MMO with events where we rescipted the mesh dragon for battles and dungeon runs into mordor. THe other aspect is i burned me out. Takes alot to scheduel events, take daily RP and migrate it into events, and add on npcs to main quest line. I had to do that myself. 

Everything was backed up for layout and we will relaunch December .

I was wondering. IT was an amazing place, I even liked it over COL.

41 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've read his other comments, and they were correct about the limited time each day they can do the work.

He is correct however about properly preparing so people have a far chance, as well as communication with premium members. I myself decided to hold off reactivating premium until they have a stable supply of the new homes.

Those who have not had a chance to get a new house on the premium subscription, will not find your sarcastic attitude flattering. You can enjoy the new feature, others can not, and they have complete justification to complain. They also are excited about it and some remain premium to support linden labs regardless of the let down.

I am not certain why someone who is not apart of the project, is being harsh towards any paying member. Those paying members  keep Secondlife active, and strong.

I myself, will wait until it is easy to get one, then return to premium. It's the only feature worth paying for In that manner. Most of us pay for full Sims as a way to support them at a higher level on a main account.

I am certain they will eventually get more homes out, and those feeling bad about being paying members will feel better, and not be made to feel worse. Take a trip to Rose Theater for some music and dancing to pass the time.

22 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

'Ostracized by society'?! Drama much!? 😜 And LOL. At worst, you have to wait a few days more for your new home, that's all. There's just too much entitlement in this world.

• Like 2

Just now, kiramanell said:

'Ostracized by society'?! Drama much!? 😜 And LOL. At worst, you have to wait a few days more for your new home, that's all. There's just too much entitlement in this world.

Entitled much?

Her attitude is very poor towards those who do not feel good about how it is handled. She actually made things worse. You as well. For Drama, reflect inward.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.