Texture Repeats in Texture Animation Script

RefugeStore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys.  I don't know really anything about scripting, so I hope someone can help me.  I've got a basic cylinder that I want to animate face 1 (just simple smooth rotation animation).  This isn't the problem as the simple script available works just fine, but I would like to put some repeats into the texture.  How can I change this script so I can make repeats in the horizontal direction?  Is it possible?  Thank you!  -Iseul

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, 4,1,1,1.0, 1,0.01);
    }
}

Much as I hate to disagree with the wiki, in this case it's a little misleading.

If you change the value of sizex and sizey to 0 in your llSetTextureAnim command, you'll find that you can then change the repeats on the texture to whatever you want, like so...

textureanim.gif.375f32cb9e59ee1a59aead97c52b355c.gif

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,0,0,0,0,1.0);
    }
}

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Much as I hate to disagree with the wiki, in this case it's a little misleading.

If you change the value of sizex and sizey to 0 in your llSetTextureAnim command, you'll find that you can then change the repeats on the texture to whatever you want, like so...

textureanim.gif.375f32cb9e59ee1a59aead97c52b355c.gif

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,0,0,0,0,1.0);
    }
}

IIRC, doing that is a viewer anomaly and will not survive leaving the sim and coming back, relogging or the object leaving the interest list and returning.

6 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

IIRC, doing that is a viewer anomaly and will not survive leaving the sim and coming back, relogging or the object leaving the interest list and returning.

Not even sure it valid for non LL viewers.

Edited by steph Arnott

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Interesting.  This used to be true of passive objects, but if the object was made active (by adding an empty timer event and llSetTimerEvent(99999999999.9) for example), the texture repeat settings would persist. 

However I just tested this and even without the active timer event the texture repeat settings persist when leaving and re-entering the region, relogging, taking the object to inventory and re-rezzing it, sending it to another avatar in a different region, etc.  In fact I can't seem to find a single instance in which the texture repeats are reset with either the LL default viewer or Firestorm.

21 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Interesting.  This used to be true of passive objects, but if the object was made active (by adding an empty timer event and llSetTimerEvent(99999999999.9) for example), the texture repeat settings would persist. 

However I just tested this and even without the active timer event the texture repeat settings persist when leaving and re-entering the region, relogging, taking the object to inventory and re-rezzing it, sending it to another avatar in a different region, etc.  In fact I can't seem to find a single instance in which the texture repeats are reset with either the LL default viewer or Firestorm.

New one on me. I wonder if another account holder on a different computer sees the same results. That code is client side so be interesting if other clients see the same as you do. I suspect it is only you that sees it.

Edited by steph Arnott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.