Sign in to follow this  
Elora Lunasea

Help Needed - Messed Up My Camera Settings

Question

I was messing around with my camera settings last week and needed to change them for a photo shoot. I should have written down what I changed, but didn't think to do that.

Today, I went through the debug settings and managed to get everything back in order except one thing and it's making me crazy. 

What do I need to do to enable me to click on my avatar and have the camera swing around so that it is facing the front of me? Every time I click on myself now it turns me around and the camera is facing my back again.

I even logged on some of my alts to make comparisons of the settings but could not find anything different between them readily obvious. Have tried doing a search but not coming up with anything specific to this.

Thanks in advance! 

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure how to do exactly what you want, but if you go to Avatar/Camera tools and open that palette, there is a button for "front view".

55 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm not sure how to do exactly what you want, but if you go to Avatar/Camera tools and open that palette, there is a button for "front view".

Yea, that was the problem - every time I clicked the front view button, it jumped to the rear view.

No matter, between Clover and I chit chatting via the Cartel group chat (and Marianne was a bit helpful also) I figured it out.  Can't believe it took me all freaking day though.

Seems I inadvertently put a negative parameter into the camera front view offset (or, whatever it's called) instead of a positive number. I'm not sure what triggered me into thinking that might be the problem but I asked her what her setting was on it and sure enough, hers were not negative numbers so I knew right away that was the issue. Once I changed it to her setting, the front view worked although I had to change the numbers to something more comfortable for my own viewing (I prefer to have the camera a bit closer to the avatar than most people).

Thanks for responding though, I do appreciate it!