Hippie Bowman

SL Relationships. How real are they to you.

PS: I wonder something myself....   (I am in a philosophical mood)

... do you believe in 'energy'?  Because sometimes when I am in a club in SL and another person rezzes I immediately 'sense' wheter I will get along with that person or not. And usually when I do check out their avatar profile it confirms that.  So weird because all avis look pretty to a certain degree but with one person I immediately talk for hours and with others I struggle on "Hi how are you, nice avi/weather/music/ uhhh.... ~silence~' So there must be something. Something that does not have anything to do with how the avi looks, but with their personality? But then again how can you sense that without talking. I always thought we needed RL stimulants like biochemicals for that.... I wonder if you experience the same here....

For me SL relationships can be very real. I'm still quite young in SL (just over one year).

And in this time period I had three affairs.

The first was more or less a roleplay relationship, I did developed feelings of attachment but in the end it was not mutual and it ended after a month. Yet it did hurt..but only for a couple of days. The RL information exchanged was very minimal.

The second lasted for more than five months, and I learned that in order to grow close and develop feelings there needs to be some understanding of each others RL. Unlike the first one. This relationship involved voice chat, exchanging rl pic and after a while even cam (just to prove that the pictures were real) . And staying in contact outside of SL by Skype or Mail.

These kind of SL relationships can be almost as powerful as having one in RL.

I buiild my own homestead to create the perfect atmosphere to spend time with my love. When the love is over and I got over my loss. I tear it down and move on. Repeat the cycle and building a new one

My third one was the most powerful , it lasted for 11 weeks and ended just recently.

But generally speaking : its very real to me. The feeling does not stop when I shut down the pc.

But as long as the times of joy greatly exceed the times of being hurt and feeling pain I believe it's worth it to keep repeating the cycle.

Although I have to admit that my personal situation makes things even more complicated. But that is off topic here.

Bluemoonn00 wrote:

For me SL relationships can be very real. I'm still quite young in SL (just over one year).

And in this time period I had three affairs.

The first was more or less a roleplay relationship, I did developed feelings of attachment but in the end it was not mutual and it ended after a month. Yet it did hurt..but only for a couple of days. The RL information exchanged was very minimal.

The second lasted for more than five months, and I learned that in order to grow close and develop feelings there needs to be some understanding of each others RL. Unlike the first one. This relationship involved voice chat, exchanging rl pic and after a while even cam (just to prove that the pictures were real) . And staying in contact outside of SL by Skype or Mail.

These kind of SL relationships can be almost as powerful as having one in RL.

I buiild my own homestead to create the perfect atmosphere to spend time with my love. When the love is over and I got over my loss. I tear it down and move on. Repeat the cycle and building a new one

My third one was the most powerful , it lasted for 11 weeks and ended just recently.

But generally speaking : its very real to me. The feeling does not stop when I shut down the pc.

But as long as the times of joy greatly exceed the times of being hurt and feeling pain I believe it's worth it to keep repeating the cycle.

Although I have to admit that my personal situation makes things even more complicated. But that is off topic here.

Thank you for sharing here Bluemoon!

Peace!