⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

When a parcel has "hide avatars in this parcel" enabled, the parcel gets divided into two sections by height.

1. Ground level + some height. (probably the same height as ban lines)
  2. Anything above #1.

Let's say that #1 is up to 100 meters. If you are at 101 meters or higher, you can't see anyone at 100 meters or lower. However you can see everybody above you, no matter how high they are. I deal with this often, so I guarantee that this is the case.

Anyway, I can zoom into any house outside the 400m zone and see the homeowners when I fly on their parcel now. And vice versa the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngieRath said:

Yeah, I tried that with the ban list.
But it is not my personal problem. I think a lot of people here don't understand exactly what I mean. Of course you are excluded. ;)

Everyone here is trying to help you, but you are correct, it is not clear what exactly you mean.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BJoyful said:

On page 5 of this thread @LittleMe Jewell and @Mollymews posted that this was tested and proved not to be the case.  No one can zoom in and see you, so no need to worry!  Our pixel privacy is protected! 😉 

I tested this with an alt and could still see into my house and see me just fine so this is just not true if they are on your parcel they can see you I suspect it might have to do with how you have your settings maybe draw distance or something similar mine are turned way up.

• Like 2

Just now, Dragon692014 said:

I tested this with an alt and could still see into my house and see me just fine so this is just not true if they are on your parcel they can see you I suspect it might have to do with how you have your settings maybe draw distance or something similar mine are turned way up.

See Whirly's post here:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dragon692014 said:

I've not tried it personally and I'm not really sure how they (or you) tested it (maybe using a high draw distance and camming in to something they can zoom in on?), but @Whirly Fizzle also pointed out the bug which requires at least 1 name on the Ban list to correct the bug so I hope this works for those who need it! 

Personally, we just go to one of our other places if we need some alone time, but I understand also that others may not want more than one home.  Most importantly, we do want everyone to enjoy their life in Bellisseria without concessions which make them feel uncomfortable. 🙂 

Edited by BJoyful
missed @
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, Patch Linden said:

It’s time to add a bit of Linden-approved security to your new homes!

In the interest of creating a more welcoming community experience while still allowing for personal security, we’ve released the official Linden Homes Security System to your Content Creation Packs in all new Linden Homes. It is accessible through your House Controller in front of your property. This new system will enable you to keep your property private while not infringing on navigation of the Bellisseria continent at large....

If you can actually get a new Linden Home, that is! :(

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I've not tried it personally and I'm not really sure how they (or you) tested it (maybe using a high draw distance and camming in to something they can zoom in on?), but @Whirly Fizzle also pointed out the bug which requires at least 1 name on the Ban list to correct the bug so I hope this works for those who need it! 

Personally, we just go to one of our other places if we need some alone time, but I understand also that others may not want more than one home.  Most importantly, we do want everyone to enjoy their life in Bellisseria without concessions which make them feel uncomfortable. 🙂 

I just tested this and added someone to my ban list and it worked I can no longer see myself from my alt as for going to another place not really an option for me my LL home ios all I have right now and I was lucky to get that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Be aware of this gotcha when testing & using the parcel privacy feature - how it works depends on whether you have an empty parcel ban list or not.

BUG-37601 - Parcel privacy only works as expected when at least one agent is on the parcel ban list

@Whirly Fizzle is the sizzle :)

i can confirm this.  Just tested this with latest SL viewer. Second Life Release 6.2.2.527338 (64bit) and on Second Life RC BlueSteel 19.05.17.527341

When banlines are down then there must be somebody on the parcel ban list.  When banlines are up and banlist empty then can't see a person on top of the banline box . 

sooo

Dear Governor Linden,

I am ban you. Not that you can't still come on my land because estate owner. But I am ban you anyways because we i mean me, the people, has to ban somebody when I don't want anyone looking down my top when I am at home

Love Molly :)

pics. Shawna on the left is the parcel owner. She is inside the banline box with banlines off.  Kimberley on the right is on top of the banline box

bangovlindenno_002.thumb.jpg.9e362cef31f748226e478e66e28c2b6e.jpg

bangovlindenyes_001.thumb.jpg.5d05530136e20e555f298d7602f7684c.jpg

Edited by Mollymews
and/or
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Everyone here is trying to help you, but you are correct, it is not clear what exactly you mean.

I mean, you're dead right!

Since I logged in this morning, I can't see people in any LH/houseboat and they can't see me anymore. :) This was different yesterday, I could see the people from a height of 500m above a strange home. I even obeyed Whirly Fizzle's orders and banished one person. 

Maybe it had to do with a viewer problem (Firestorm)? Maybe I should have made a restart after banning a person? I don't know.

However, many thanks to everyone who wanted to help me yesterday. I'm sorry for all the excitement.

• Like 4

There's also a significant difference between the ban lines a normal person will see when ban lines are set (not, of course, in Bellisseria) by un-checking "Anyone Can Visit", and the ban lines a person who is banned by name sees. From SL's Wiki ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits ), under the Land heading: -

• Ban line height for "no entry" or "pay to access" (in other words, "allow public access" is turned off, or "allow group access" is turned on, in the parcel options) is the parcel's ground elevation plus 50 meters (except, if the region has been set to "Block Parcel Fly Over" in which case the access controls extend to at least 4096 meters). If a user is explicitly banned by name, the height is the parcel's ground elevation plus 5000 meters. On current viewers this is visible to the full extent.I

I wonder if this difference has an influence on the observed behaviour between having a person on the ban list or not?

I guess that the Belliseria setup was just a butchered version of the old system rules setup, so there's likely to be some hangover?

Edited by Odaks
Afterthought
  • Like 1

I have one issue with the security orb.

I was at home, in my kitchen and people came in, got right in my face and stayed until they were either ejected by the system or just before.  This happened twice the other day.

Totally inappropriate.  I think there should be a setting where, if you're home and this kind of situation happens, you should be able to manually eject them.  Naturally I have banned all five avatars, but what if that happens again?

• Sad 1

Just now, Mistique Starbrook said:

I was at home, in my kitchen and people came in, got right in my face and stayed until they were either ejected by the system or just before.  This happened twice the other day.

Totally inappropriate.  I think there should be a setting where, if you're home and this kind of situation happens, you should be able to manually eject them.  Naturally I have banned all five avatars, but what if that happens again?

You can eject them if you are the owner of the parcel. Right click on the avatar and click "eject" or "eject & ban".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mistique Starbrook said:

The 15 second warning time is ideally aimed at those who inadvertently enter your parcel, and for pilots that pass through at height. It just lets people know that you want privacy, and really comes into its own when you're not at home.

The situation you found yourself in is a blatant attack. As Sylvia has already mentioned, the normal parcel powers of eject and ban are yours to use, and you do not need to wait for any grace period before using them.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mistique Starbrook said:

Ohhhh, thanks so much for that info!  Was so flustered at that time didn't think of right click/eject!!

Thanks again!!

Also, review your chat logs for their names and add them to the ban list.  While you can't have ban lines (restricting access to the parcel to just a group), you can still ban individuals. That will keep the same ones from repeating the behavior.

• Like 4

On 4/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, Dyna Mole said:

There are four points in the instructions:

6. Drop the notecard into the Security System by:

Since the notecard is non-mod, and called Sample Configuration Notecard, and can only be replaced by dropping in one of your own, the Security Orb will for ever run with the Sample Configuration name inside. :) Might want to change that for a 2.0 version or something.

• Like 1

• Moles

Thank you for your suggestions Kira.  The best way for us to find out what ought to go into an update is to see how the current version is being used and to shake out any bugs that people find.  The way it's scripted, the orb automatically deletes any card that was in it as a new card is added.  When you drop in a card of your own, the Sample Configuration Notecard should disappear.  After that, each time you drop in an updated card, either one of two things should happen. If you new card has exactly the same name as the previous card, it will have the number 1 added to the end of it ( so MyCard will be replaced by MyCard1 ).  If the new card has a different name, then the new name should appear in inventory ( so MyNewCard should completely replace MyCard ). If any of that is not working, please let me know.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, Dyna Mole said:

Thank you for your suggestions Kira.  The best way for us to find out what ought to go into an update is to see how the current version is being used and to shake out any bugs that people find.  The way it's scripted, the orb automatically deletes any card that was in it as a new card is added.  When you drop in a card of your own, the Sample Configuration Notecard should disappear.  After that, each time you drop in an updated card, either one of two things should happen. If you new card has exactly the same name as the previous card, it will have the number 1 added to the end of it ( so MyCard will be replaced by MyCard1 ).  If the new card has a different name, then the new name should appear in inventory ( so MyNewCard should completely replace MyCard ). If any of that is not working, please let me know.

Oops, completely forgot to reply to this. 😅 It only still said Sample Configuration Notecard because the inventory wasn't updating. This happens sometimes (and then you need to either refresh it, or 'edit' something else first). My bad. Sorry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find my controller box on my houseboat. I was wondering about security for it. The only thing I have located on the wall is the house controller but there is nothing about security.  Where do I find the content box with the security in it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ruth Clarity said:

I can't find my controller box on my houseboat. I was wondering about security for it. The only thing I have located on the wall is the house controller but there is nothing about security.  Where do I find the content box with the security in it?

For the houseboat it will be inn the life preserver on the dock. The one you use to change houseboat style.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

surely the height of parcel privacy boundary is 96 m....  So if anyone is above that and you have privacy on in your parcel, they can't see you anyway... when I have used an orb I usually use the one where I can use markers, so it literally covers the parcel boundaries up to 100 m ...   400m is high...  Can't shoot down the planes/........ umm j/k hehehe

5 hours ago, kate Valentine said:

surely the height of parcel privacy boundary is 96 m....  So if anyone is above that and you have privacy on in your parcel, they can't see you anyway... when I have used an orb I usually use the one where I can use markers, so it literally covers the parcel boundaries up to 100 m ...   400m is high...  Can't shoot down the planes/........ umm j/k hehehe

See this post by Whirly about a slight bug:

Basically, if there is nobody on the parcel ban list other people on the parcel can see you at any height, even over 98m.  If you add a single person to the ban list - I used Governor Linden - then they cannot see you if they are over 98m and you are within the 98m (if you have it set so those outside the parcel cannot see those in the parcel).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.