How do you petition the sl ban?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to ask how can someone petition a ban on sl? What happened is someone I know got banned from sl and from what I understand the reason for it was something I believe me and others could dispute. I fully understand that ll don't make these decisions lightly and that this might lead to nowhere but I also feel like I owe it to my friend to at least try and help them out. So any suggestions would be appreciated. 

First off, only the person banned can dispute a ban. The issue is between that person and second life and has nothing to do with anyone else. It's a private matter, logically and legally speaking.

A petition to get someone unbanned will not do anything safe for perhaps making you guys feel a bit better.

All your friend can do is to contact support.

14 minutes ago, Sciffer Mortenwold said:

Thank you, what I was thinking is perhaps like witnesses providing the evidence that could change the mind of the matter perhaps? I do understand that it may be all just my wishful thinking, but I need to find out for sure. 

They do not need a witness as they have access to the chat logs and other tools to look into the matter so there is nothing new that a witness could tell them.

If your friend feels they were wrongly banned, they need to open a support ticket and explain the issue in a polite and cohesive matter. Bans have been reverted in the past, but if the facts are there and speaking volumes it's very unlikely that your friend will be unbanned. Bans are not issued lightly, there is such a thing as temporary bans. If your friend received a permanent ban it either means the offense was a drastic one that warranted immediate removal from participating in SL or they received previous bans that culminated into the permanent one.

Edited by Syn Anatine
typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

They do not need a witness as they have access to the chat logs and other tools to look into the matter so there is nothing new that a witness could tell them.

If your friend feels they were wrongly banned, they need to open a support ticket and explain the issue in a polite and cohesive matter. Bans have been reverted in the past, but if the facts are there and speaking volumes it's very unlikely that your friend will be unbanned. Bans are not issued lightly, there is such a thing as temporary bans. If your friend received a permanent ban it either means the offense was a drastic one that warranted immediate removal from participating in SL or they received previous bans that culminated into the permanent one.

Not only chat logs, but literally anything and everythin you do. They know what, when, how you clicked on anything, what you sat on and when, which animation was playing when you did it, Whether you were walking, flying, or running from point A to B, where you have alt-cammed and what you were looking at - literally everything. Because we are in THE MATRIX (yes, a funny, but I'm also very, very serious: they log EVERYTHING).

Thus, if someone is banned, they have amazingly detailed evidence. Kind of like a dash-cam from every possible angle that captures your doing whatever you were doing. The flip-sdie is also if someone AR's you and it's enough for them to investigate and you are actually innocent: don't worry. Because that same super-detailed data will show that you are actually innocent.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.