Fish that are allowed (Not temp. rez)

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I want fish underwater in the boat docking area, what is allowed? I don't know much about underwater life in SL.

I assume that many of the Marketplace things I find is temporary object rezzers. What kind of keywords do I use to avoid them? Fish that I place out to swim inside an area is allowed? Fish that does not vanish.

Is Space Bums fish allowed? (They look cool) This description confuses me: Antilag Rezzer Compatible
If you use these beautiful fish with our anti-lag rezzer, you only use the temp rez prim allocation of your land for these fish!

Does it mean that the fish are temp rez or not? The use of the word "If" means that they include 2 versions where one is allowed?

I think I have a blonde moment here.

From the product description, I believe you get fish that you can rez in the water BUT you could also choose (if allowed) to use them in their anti-lag rezzer. To be safe, you might want to go take a look at them in world, or message the creator, but I think if you rez them, then each fish is 2 LI. 

Reading other reviews, these fish may be too small for anything other than an aquarium. Definitely look in world first!

• Like 1

The *ancient* 7Seas fishing system is still available and maintained (even oif not actively developed any more). A freind has the server system and all that stuff. Well, if I recall correctly, you can buy a fish tank add-on (server system not required) - and any fish you catch with it and be put into that fish tank.

I sad all that to say this ... LOL —

With the fish tank are also "tank boxes" specificaly designed for places like these houseboats: it's a transparent phantom box you put into the water where you want your fish to swim around (they stay within the box) - it works exactly like the fish tank and, if I recall, can hold up to 15 fish in eash box. It is super-low lag because of the design and you can always go catch more fish and add them (you can set it up to newest-in=oldest-out so it always remains "fresh").

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this baed on OP question... and it reminded be of this system (I still have my 7Seas pole and stuff) and now I'm thinking to go get that aquarium so I can do this at my houseboat :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The *ancient* 7Seas fishing system is still available and maintained (even oif not actively developed any more). A freind has the server system and all that stuff. Well, if I recall correctly, you can buy a fish tank add-on (server system not required) - and any fish you catch with it and be put into that fish tank.

With the fish tank are also "tank boxes" specificaly designed for places like these houseboats: it's a transparent phantom box you put into the water where you want your fish to swim around (they stay within the box) - it works exactly like the fish tank and, if I recall, can hold up to 15 fish in eash box. It is super-low lag because of the design and you can always go catch more fish and add them (you can set it up to newest-in=oldest-out so it always remains "fresh").

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this baed on OP question... and it reminded be of this system (I still have my 7Seas pole and stuff) and now I'm thinking to go get that aquarium so I can do this at my houseboat :D

I own a 7 seas set as well and just might want to let you know if your planning to give all your fish your prims, I wouldn’t recommend using 7seas fish. They are extremely prim heavy. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I think the Space Bums fish has some of the tank system, but they use rezzer too. I am not totally sure how it works. A long notecard. I am not patient. I wasnt something quick, so I can decorate now with capital N. 😏

The fish I bought had a HUD so I could set individual fish to follow a pattern, up and down, I tried to have a fish swim around the coral formation and "feed". Yes, it has feed animation and also pause animation.

I also bought some supercheap MP fish that works inside a range, you set an area for it to swim in. This was bc I had bought so much of the expensive things, and I wanted a few "odd" fish, not just the same ones repeated.

1 hour ago, Kaylee Romano said:

I own a 7 seas set as well and just might want to let you know if your planning to give all your fish your prims, I wouldn’t recommend using 7seas fish. They are extremely prim heavy. 

Yes the 7Seas fish are very pirm-heavy, but the aquarium versions are.1 prim flexies. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think the Space Bums fish has some of the tank system, but they use rezzer too. I am not totally sure how it works. A long notecard. I am not patient. I wasnt something quick, so I can decorate now with capital N. 😏

The fish I bought had a HUD so I could set individual fish to follow a pattern, up and down, I tried to have a fish swim around the coral formation and "feed". Yes, it has feed animation and also pause animation.

I also bought some supercheap MP fish that works inside a range, you set an area for it to swim in. This was bc I had bought so much of the expensive things, and I wanted a few "odd" fish, not just the same ones repeated.

That sounds like some serious new-tech! Hahaha. I was just mentioning the 7Seas thing in case some people already have them (it IS an ancient system, though still works well). I'm sure there are a lot of options to be found through the MP.

• Thanks 1

Love the pic Marianne

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Great advice, most here is Inochi.

I tink it turned out real well. A shame the water isn't so deep.

Love the pic Marianne!! Will def have to check out the  Inochi Botanicals store!! 😁

Edited by Raith Dagger
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes the 7Seas fish are very pirm-heavy, but the aquarium versions are.1 prim flexies. :D

That's what I thought but couldn't remember. I have no the the 7seas and the other system (that I can't remember the name of atm). Sometimes will even fish with the invisible pole (I have the system for 7seas) when Zoya is sitting on her porch lol 

And while anceint, still somewhat popular as u see them doing contests all day long :)

13 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Sometimes will even fish with the invisible pole (I have the system for 7seas) when Zoya is sitting on her porch lol 

If you ever get a funny look, just wear onr of the fish caught and ask if them what yiou see. When they answer in the positive you can reply "See? I'm not crazy, becauze Hogwart's Fishing Poles IZ FOREALZ!

Very few SL gadget age as well as 7Seas and I know it's still maintained because the web server went offline a few months ago and I thought "finally...there it goes for good." I IM'd the creator and they said "Sorry, just moving to a new host, will be back up ASAP" ...and it was! :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Raith Dagger said:

Love the pic Marianne

Love the pic Marianne!! Will def have to check out the  Inochi Botanicals store!! 😁

If you go there, go underwater. It's really something. The brown-ish kelp cost me 25 L and I found it just by clicking on things. They are the most valuable, because they cover a lot for low LI. And I also like the Sea Fans a lot.

Halimeda Curtain SPECIAL # 1

Sea Fan 9 Drape SPECIAL #5

Sea Fan 4 (3)

Sea Fan 0 (1)

Rhodopeltis (1)

Cerianthus membranaceus Anemone (1)

Acropora valenciennesi (Single)

Caulerpa filiformis (1)  

Elkhorn Coral 1 - Clump 3

The over cost 25 L each. I found them by clicking on things underwater.

But I was overdoing it, because the 2 reef parts I bought had lower LI than using single parts. But if you have Firestorm, you can search the area for those names over, and find out if you need them. Plus that I bought 2 schools, 2 single tropical fish, shark and a manta ray.

Fabulous that a shark like that is only 1 LI.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is the Steelhead Scuba Sport and in the pack is it also a coral pose stand with static poses. You can see the grey almost Y-shaped coral in the bottom.

It also has a buoy pose stand for surface poses.

I think the price is fair. I often pay 200 L for only a set of static poses, and this scuba set is 345 L.

An underwater swimming HUD is NOT included, though.

By the way, I played the Game of Homes yesterday, so I (my alt) does not live on the address anymore.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.