Sign in to follow this  
Adrielle4

Emanation from the mind or ?

I.  SL emanation experience:   Your avi along with your verbal and your non verbal communication and its appearance emanates from you.  In part anyway it is representative of yourself, an aspect of your mental self freed from your body a graphic-kinetic expression of yourself.  Its likely not a perfect representation or expression but you may find it acceptable or even beyond what you could convey without the artists assistance.  This visual is a strong aide carries or is  canister for an aspect of yourself that often is not able to be expressed or appreciated by others.   So when your avi along with your words probably far more expressively, your voice interacts with another great emotional connection is possible.  But what is most unique here on SL unlike that of the phone with the added help of this visual, erotic or even romantic feelings are more enabled.  As with the kinetic graphic that is well enable with romantic and erotic expression there is this tangible assistance.   This adds to the focus and confirms any fantasy.  

This is a unique experience and can be discriminated from comments such as 'you are your avi' as its not a body for your full mind.  It can not hold your mind. If it could it would be like you were in the 'Matrix' with full feelings and perhaps also die with death of the body.  However it is this fun graphic expression and representation and with the control you do have and the combination of that and your voice carries an aspect of  yourself.  How much of an aspect or how accurate a representation will vary.  One must choose and accept the visual and for that time and some effort and your personal tweaking of the image maybe needed for you to related and feel that what emanates from it is what is inside yourself.  As an aside,  an artist's drawing of you on a canvas is also maybe depiction and thus represents a small aspects.  It may evoke feelings of you in another person.  But there is no interplay no voice, no animation with another persons similar expression/representation of part of themselves. 

What does Fantasy have to do with it?  Here your normal level of imagination and fantasy is already here.  It need not be an more or less emanation of a part of  yourself or what you wish to feel or how to connect.  Fantasy can muddle that precious bit or self or can perhaps help to maximize the feelings you wish to elicit or both.

II.   Let's just talk already or where the hell is a real (voice) good conversation? So the above experience takes time and effort. This can be true even for half decent emotional friendship level connection.  And for one to feel certain excitements such as romance or passion, one must be able to well actually have that ability or maybe have it in a way that its ripe or ready to be felt.  For many its a lot more feasible to enjoy a basic connection or just socialize.  At is base it is chat social platform and one should be able to come on SL and get into it with good voice chat or at least a pokey text conversation.  But that often is not the experience.  At least not a satisfying exchange that may be nice and direct or deep or interesting ect...  Sometimes the experience is that too many are off in la la land or coupled up, not available for a good talk or just the dummies seem to be online at the moment.  There is no interaction really, just blah and gibberish. This is frustrating.  Some in perhaps wish for some emotional contact or something that feels remotely meaningful may attempt drama.  I understand that from this frustration.  Because the experience on SL can be confusing and this makes for uncertainty and anxiety in some even more fear having a real (voice especially chat) which is why i'm writing this and the other posts.    So though seemingly bizarre, having a good voice chat sometimes takes some time and effort too even though on paper there are 3 thousand people on SL when you are on here and its basically a social platform.  See also my post on friendship and connection and with more people seeing and clarifying how fun and social SL can be I think more will come out and get into some great voice group and individual conversations..  Please do:)

red head.jpg

• Like 1

as this is not a direct A to B comparison to everybody as personal dynamics come into the picture, i feel over all there is a lot of truth to be found. This was an amazing post , and an intelligent read, i have read a couple of your posts and think there is something to take away from them.