Trampoline Script

DarkEmperor13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, DarkEmperor13 said:

Hi I am trying to make a trampoline and I have this as my coding;

{
   collision_start(integer total_num)
    {
        llPushObject(llDetectedKey(0), <0,0,100>, ZERO_VECTOR, FALSE);
    }
} 

However, it only works for whoever is owner of the object.

That LSL wiki example will push any agent that the collision event detects. But if the parcel/land is set to no push it will only work for the parcel/land owner. You need to see what the parcel/land settings are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DarkEmperor13 said:

but I have it on my friend's parcel and only I can jump on if I place it down. I gave a copy to my friend so she can place it down and when we tried jumping on it, this time only she could jump and I couldnt

You should also add ' if (llDetectedType(0) & AGENT) '  so the event only runs the branch code if an agent.

1 hour ago, DarkEmperor13 said:

ive tried to add that as well and still nothing. one would think LL would come up with a way to block out items that can be used for grieving that use the llPushObject command

LL does, it is called land settings. It maybe that where you are the parcel/land is set to a group in which case you would have to deed the object to the group in the object perms. And BTW once you deed it, it is no longer yours.

Edited by steph Arnott

1 minute ago, DarkEmperor13 said:

one would think LL would come up with a way to block out items that can be used for grieving that use the llPushObject command and allow the items that dont grief ppl

Can you? Unfortunately computer algorithms aren't nearly as good at catching unwanted behaviour as we often believe. Facebook has 30,000(!) people working on catching their brand of griefers and they're still struggling. LL doesn't have anything near those resources of course so when llPushObject griefing got completely out of hand, their only real option was to allow land owners to disable the function on their land. It didn't take long before practically everybody had.

If you want a trampoline to "work" on nopush land you could maybe use a sort of "pseudo-vehicle" - Trampoline rezzes an invisible sittable plane as a separate object above its surface, you "sit" on that and it plays a jump anim, becomes physical and launches itself upwards. When it comes down it detects a collision with your trampoline and applies a fresh upwards impulse. Make it clean up by deleting itself after you unsit (the trampoline then rezzes a new one.) For completeness make it unsit you (and therefore go poof) if it ends up too far away from the trampoline or takes too long between detected "bounces" once activated.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.