Second LIfe is running ads on Youtube

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Google analytics.

You clicked on something or searched for something SL-related at some point between 2005 -2019 at least ONCE using an ID on a machine that also used a Google service in a browser that was not in private mode and had connected cache / cookies between the two instances of conduct... thus allowing Google to realize that the ID that views youtube also has an interest in SL...

And now you will be spammed about that... forever... until the Analytics finds some other data-metric about that has a stronger tie to your shopping habits, or to the shopping habits of people with like interests...

I get spammed Daz3D ads all-the-time... but youtube pretty much doesn't spam me for anything else. I haven't bought any Daz3d products in a while, but over the years I've likely dumped a few thousand towards those guys, so they're thinking I'll need another sniff of that line at some point...

Good luck trying to avoid their metrics figuring you out... Google's AI might not be as good as Teslas at guessing 'WHAT' you will do next, but it's pretty good at guessing 'WHO' will do it...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.