Keywords for your products

ChloeVida

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.I've been trying to figure out this whole thing with keywords and spam...and so far I'm afraid to write more than 3-4 words because Im unsure about this topic..

I texture dresses for mesh bodies.Would it be considered spam if I write "maitreya,belleza,slink,slink hourglass,slink physique" ect. in the keywords field?Also,if I put in words like "sexy,spaghetti strap dress,off shoulder dress,mesh dress" or things like that?Does repeating the word "dress" classify as spam?

Can someone please advise me,in a few words? I might be too fearful,I dont know..

24 minutes ago, ChloeVida said:

Hello.I've been trying to figure out this whole thing with keywords and spam...and so far I'm afraid to write more than 3-4 words because Im unsure about this topic..

I texture dresses for mesh bodies.Would it be considered spam if I write "maitreya,belleza,slink,slink hourglass,slink physique" ect. in the keywords field?Also,if I put in words like "sexy,spaghetti strap dress,off shoulder dress,mesh dress" or things like that?Does repeating the word "dress" classify as spam?

Can someone please advise me,in a few words? I might be too fearful,I dont know..

I think if dress is in your product title, you only need to use it once in your keywords. I think it would be ok to use the words of the bodies you have the developer kits for in keywords.  I think the only thing to worry about is using words that aren't related at all to your dresses, like pink when its a blue dress, like skirt when its a dress, belt when its shoes and so on.  Sexy is an odd one, not sure I would include that.  What is sexy to you might not be to someone else but I don't think it would be something you would get flagged for keyword spam.  I think its just totally irrelevant or misleading words you need to worry about.

A clothing merchant might be along shortly with a better take on it than me :) 

• Like 2

I'm still trying to refine my keywords but its hard to get a lot of info in a few words. at the moment i've settled on putting the brand names in the brands field, and i list brands in features as well as brief description for e.g "Long sleeve open front blouse". I then put the models into keywords (hourglass, petite, venus etc) instead of the brands (slink, belleza etc).  Anything that is in the name/title or features i don't put it in keywords but i do sometimes use alternative words for example if the items says blouse in title/name and feature, then i put shirt in keywords. If the color is lilac in title/name then i put purple in keywords. 

• Like 2

i remember talk at one of the WebUG about store names coming up in searches and i thought it was supposed to be eliminated but i still see a lot of it, and yes some do put their names as a keyword, personally i don't like that, i've seen it skew search results. If someone knows my store name and wants to search it, that can easily be done on the stores/Merchants tab, doesn't need a keyword.

You want the minimum keywords that make your product turn up in the right searches. Otherwise you are contributing to making search work poorly for everyone.

An Omega skin only needs the omega keyword, it shouldn't need all the omega compatible body brands listed  and doing so should be considered reportable keyword spam even though the product clearly is compatible with all those body brands. Something made to fit a specific body should list that body, of course, but when you have a box with versions of the same item for 20 bodies packed in it that becomes a problem. Having all the "right" keywords on it does put you right on the cusp of keyword spamming. Maybe then there's too many products in one box?

On 4/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, ChloeVida said:

Make your keywords relevant to your product. Title and descriptions are already parsed for keywords I believe so no need to double up.

Also some people "guard" their favourite keywords and report any non-relevant product that turns up in the results.

Good set of keywords:

bikini, swimsuit, swim, bathing, suit, underwear, strapless, omega, slink, physique, ebody, applier, flower, floral, orange, yellow

keywords that describe the product, bodies supported and color

Bad set of keywords:

gacha cheap gift free nun maitreya goth gacharare gift giftfree signature bodymesh freebie gionni jacket male men man zenith dead halloween sexy black red hot brown white 09 habit nun saint

generic keywords, clickbait and misleading terms, (cheap, free, freebie ... for a +2000L$ product), subjective terms, repeats, and keywords that don't even belong to the item.

Also a lot of gacha resellers unfortunately do this: copy pasted keywords across an entire set of items despite each entry being a different part of the set and thus requiring different keywords. And obviously refusing to use the "gacha" marketplace section.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 6:17 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I sell teleporters and I used quantum and tunneling as keywords. It got flagged and inactivated for keyword spam as a result. So, whenever you plan to sell a locomotive, heaven forbid that you use the words steam and engine.

that is horrible because it is not spam at all when so many countries come into play some people may choose very different English to identify/search a product. 

I just suggested in another thread that people be more imaginative with their keywords than the basic, because again same thing it may be exactly what someone is looking for and did not know the right term. I would be very annoyed to find that you cannot broaden a descriptive term. Does that mean you could not put teleportation device, movement, relocation station or Scotty Beam  anywhere in there also? so much disappointment 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.