Anyone rerolling?

Teager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm curious to know if anyone has plans to reroll for a new location when the new housboats go in! I'm SO very tempted, but also nervous that I may miss out, or may get a location I like less. The gamble is a bit appealing, though!

What are your plans? :)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Teager said:

I'm curious to know if anyone has plans to reroll for a new location when the new housboats go in! I'm SO very tempted, but also nervous that I may miss out, or may get a location I like less. The gamble is a bit appealing, though!

What are your plans? :)

Let me know, and I'll snag up your current boathouse when you do. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I love my plot,  I'm off of the road, and slightly elevated so I don't have to worry about floods 😜  It really is a good location, I'm by a river, and my neighbors are nice.  On my alt, I'm a bit torn - I really want a houseboat, but I already spend so much time working on skyboxes with my main that outside of being able to launch my boat and have a magnificent view it wouldn't get as much use.  I purchased a multi rezzer so I can make as many skyboxes as I please, and take them out whenever I want a change of scenery,  I'm sure I could even make an ocean front if I put enough time into it.

I think I might just sit this one out on my alt, and hang back on the older linden home.  I want to see what else they come up with as well, I might just end up getting a 512 later on, and then finding another smaller area on the mainland, then I'll have three properties to play around with 😍  It really is all up in the air right now.

Anyway, I already have a really cool houseboat that was free :D

resized2.thumb.png.0208383ef0270042e06bf6d5adbf2860.png

And roomy, I even have a bathroom and kitchen

resized3.thumb.png.7d2337518ae17df36588bc012a25ff07.png

With a beautiful view, that I can change whenever I want :)

resized.thumb.png.15c64ecf768abf897a4dfcf535c7087a.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I really like the location and parcel I have right now, so I don't plan on changing it if all that comes out next is more houseboats and traditional houses.  Later on though when different types of themed houses come out, it's possible that I might want to change at that point. 

• Like 4

I... will, probably. My current parcel is lovely, but I am willing to play a roulette again for a chance of getting home close to my SL family. Would be that much more convinient for roleplay and just nice overall. And countless hours of exploring Bellisseria shores tempt me to get a houseboat - something I haven't been interested at the start.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marinathewitch said:

I... will, probably. My current parcel is lovely, but I am willing to play a roulette again for a chance of getting home close to my SL family. Would be that much more convinient for roleplay and just nice overall. And countless hours of exploring Bellisseria shores tempt me to get a houseboat - something I haven't been interested at the start.

That's another reason for me to stay put in the house I currently have. My sister Kitty lives next door. I might get bored elsewhere without her standing on the front porch holding the door bell button down with her finger!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I was late to the party and since I was able to get my place by simply refreshing long enough, I have been somewhat brazen about abandoning them. I tried at least five traditional homes before accidentally acquiring a houseboat in West End this afternoon. It has a tiny beach with parasols and a sandcastle in front. So cute!  I have three premium accounts but really was only planning on keeping one Linden Home. After stumbling into the houseboat though, I think I'll keep it and also try for the traditional home of my dreams. When the new houseboats come on, and also one month after the initial release date are probably good bets for moving day.

Edited by cicelydawn
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, cicelydawn said:

I was late to the party and since I was able to get my place by simply refreshing long enough, I have been somewhat brazen about abandoning them. I tried at least five traditional homes before accidentally acquiring a houseboat in West End this afternoon. It has a tiny beach with parasols and a sandcastle in front. So cute!  I have three premium accounts but really was only planning on keeping one Linden Home. After stumbling into the houseboat though, I think I'll keep it and also try for the traditional home of my dreams. When the new houseboats come on, and also one month after the initial release date are probably good bets for moving day.

I've had much the same experience! I missed the initial rush too, but have hedged my bets and rolled and abandoned 4 times trying to get a nice lot near a public community feature. I managed to find a location on my alt that I'm relatively happy with! But my main is a tough choice. It's about as landlocked as it's possible to be right now, and has no community gathering places nearby (something that I really love in this continent and want to make frequent use of). It is however near my best friend, and that's a high selling point! It's growing on me just for having a friend nearby.

I think I may be holding my twitchy finger until new traditional home sims open up, to see if I can get my ideal location of a traditional home near a public beach or pool. But who knows; in that time, my current house may have grown on me :)

• Like 3

I spent most of the 18th and 19th refreshing the page and snagged a nice traditional home. The houseboats are nice and I do like to sit and watch boats/aircraft come by. That being said, I think I'll hang on to the traditional. At least until the continent is close to complete. By that point most people will have settled in and all the theme options available.

Edited by DanielS Bluebird
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Teager said:

I think I may be holding my twitchy finger until new traditional home sims open up, to see if I can get my ideal location of a traditional home near a public beach or pool. But who knows; in that time, my current house may have grown on me :)

It seemed like every time I abandoned a place, the next one was better. So I assume if I abandon this houseboat I'll get an oceanfront corner? 😂

My first didn't have a fence, that was what motivated me to move. I wanted to save all that LI with a bunch of lovely LDPW landscaping. My last traditional was backed up against the mountains. Really cool looking, with giant old trees, but they cast a huge shadow on my yard for much of the day.  It was tough to give up because it was on a main drag with interesting traffic, including planes landing on the other side of the mountain. I am sure someone else will love it. 

• Like 4

I likely won't make any changes until different styles of homes are released. Depending on what they come out with, I might trade my current house location in. However, I have no doubt that it will be a while still before more housing styles come out.   While I think there are still folks working on that, I think their current focus is to get more houseboats out first.

• Like 4

I came to the party a little late, around 12 hours or so behind the initial release of the new homes, and even at that point for me the pickings were less than ideal. I rerolled around 9 times, and that was when I saw on the forums that people were struggling to get a new house - so I stopped rerolling. I've been here in my current traditional home ever since. Now that I am set up the place has grown on me, and I do like it. I also have home-owner-envy of those living on the beach or coastal areas, but know they're far less common than inland/land-locked houses, so rolling to gamble for anything ideal is far too risky. I can't see the odds really improving as time goes on, at least not for a while at least and the proverbial hype dies down.

As new styles are released I MAY be tempted to reroll. Again, I'm in two minds about it, especially until I see what these new designs will be. Not only that, I live across the street from a river so I can see the water between my neighbours' houses and the view isn't all that bad, and I'm on a hill. I really could do a lot worse so I'm wary of losing what I have now. I don't know. It's a gamble. But I do like the prospect of perhaps something more urban? It all depends how it plays out. There's likely to be another rush of rerolling when these new designs are released and I could well be left homeless if I take that leap. So as of right now... I'm undecided. But the houseboats at least are of no interest to me, so there's at least one less person who will choke the system ;) They are a good idea, I just don't like the close proximity of "pier living". 

• Like 1

• Moles

This is by no means any sort of rule or anything (if you have more than one premium account by all means you can choose a Linden Home for each of them), but I was wondering since we are in a "supplies are limited" sort of situation for the immediate future if any of you who also have alts with homes had considered just keeping one house so others who missed out might have a chance at one as well? At least until we can bring more online. I had one of the first ones when they opened (primarily as part of confirming the system worked) but I'm faaaar too busy making more Linden Homes to actually use one at this point I think. I abandoned it so one of you could enjoy it instead. It's just a though. Sharing the love is always good karma. :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

This is by no means any sort of rule or anything (if you have more than one premium account by all means you can choose a Linden Home for each of them), but I was wondering since we are in a "supplies are limited" sort of situation for the immediate future if any of you who also have alts with homes had considered just keeping one house so others who missed out might have a chance at one as well? At least until we can bring more online. I had one of the first ones when they opened (primarily as part of confirming the system worked) but I'm faaaar too busy making more Linden Homes to actually use one at this point I think. I abandoned it so one of you could enjoy it instead. It's just a though. Sharing the love is always good karma. :)

I understand what you mean, but I am using both. Decorating, logging in both places, shopping for both.

I have been there a lot. And the same time, I saw the neighbor on one side exactly one time, when we got the houses. Since then, his house and garden is totally bare. Nada. Not a couch, not a chair, nothing at all.

You can always say that he's gotten ill RL or is busy working. I do know about Premiums who has their Linden home just "in case" and the same could apply for them.

On one hand, I'm tempted to, and to convince my friend to do the same at the same time to try and get ourselves a bit closer to each other.

On the other hand, I'm in a spot that is subjectively good: End of a road, right by the ocean, short walk to a public beach, and a little isle in the distance.

I am quite happy with the houseboat location that I have got - in a smaller marina not far from the "great south channel" to the other continent. Though I do know quite a few people who are waiting for the new homes to be released so they can snap up a houseboat of their own so I think these will go fast too!

• Like 2

I am actually super happy with the location I landed. I managed to get in relatively early, and with water access but still in the middle of the continent, figured 'okay. this is it. if I reroll, I am not going to get this lucky again.' So I'm settled for now. That said, with more themes coming in the future, I am (very, very, very much) hoping we get some more urban styles/areas, and do expect to reroll over to that area if it happens. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

As new styles are released I MAY be tempted to reroll. Again, I'm in two minds about it, especially until I see what these new designs will be. Not only that, I live across the street from a river so I can see the water between my neighbours' houses and the view isn't all that bad, and I'm on a hill. I really could do a lot worse so I'm wary of losing what I have now. I don't know. It's a gamble. But I do like the prospect of perhaps something more urban? It all depends how it plays out. There's likely to be another rush of rerolling when these new designs are released and I could well be left homeless if I take that leap. So as of right now... I'm undecided.

I really like my somewhat secluded house, but if I decide I like some other styles/themes better, I will likely use an alt to try and secure a new one in a location I like before I release this one.  That way I won't lose my current spot if I can't get something I like in a new theme.

• Like 2

When I first saw the announcement, I really wanted a houseboat. Took the first traditional offered me. First reaction to it? "OMG! The yard is mine, too?!"

Now, a week later, I don't have the desire for a houseboat any longer. Will I reroll? Eventually. Not for a houseboat, tho, but maybe for a more ideal (to me) location. I would love to get one of the houses along water, or next to a wooded area. But for right now, I am happy with my corner lot. I am also across the street from an empty area that will eventually have houses on it. What goes there will also play heavily into whether I reroll or not. If it isn't more trads, but a jarring change between trads and whatever new style they come out with next, I most likely will reroll then. If there are parks or a river or something like that? I will stay if I like them.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.