Jump to content

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

New year preparations in houseboat... :ph34r:

Glasses ok?
Yes!

2019-12-31_Evening-Star_1.thumb.jpg.01823855eefe1f1e072a5d7117a4e186.jpg


And then, preparing something to drink. Happy New Year 2020! ūüėÉ

2019-12-31_Evening-Star_2.thumb.jpg.d43e90c68292d779a2afcdbcc667961a.jpg

Coby, your pictures are always so Vibrant.....is it because of the Windlight?  Can you let me know which Windlight you are using here?   I am only just starting to explore Windlights.....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As promised here is the exterior of my home. This concludes my home tour. I will be keeping this home for awhile. I love how serene it is and love every room in my home in

This thread is dedicated to showing off our homes on the new continent. Please no advertising. Please keep your sight seeing pics for the thread Patch started. This is just for showing off what you've

Here is a sort of walk-through. I remember now that I missed the entrance. First garden pictures, different angles: It is only a narrow strip between my house and the hedge, but I manag

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

Coby, your pictures are always so Vibrant.....is it because of the Windlight?  Can you let me know which Windlight you are using here?   I am only just starting to explore Windlights.....

Thank you.¬†ūüôā¬† At home I use parcel Windlight, in Firestorm viewer the setting for that is: /*Windlight Sky: "Default" Water: "Default"RegionOverride*/. When exploring places I most often use just the Windlight what the region has.

I always have ALM [Advanced Lighting Model] on, and shadows on, and all water reflection on too. All these add a lot how nice the scene will look.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Which houseboattype is that? The first photo looks a bit like @Blush Bravin 's addon for the evening star - which I use aswell- the second doesn't.

The lower floor does have Blush's add-on.  Zeta then added a divided above to give an upper room.  If you look closely at the stairs of the Blush add-on part, you'll see the ladder going up to the new level.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 3:43 PM, Coby Foden said:

Evening Star houseboat.

This is my third location for houseboat. First one was in Squishy Pickle, the second one was in Pickle, and this third one is in Squishy Pickle's clone far in the south. First time ever I have houseboat which is connected directly to a piece of land. The first two were in the middle of other houseboats. This third one is the best location what I've had for houseboat.

2019-12-30_Evening-Star_3.jpg.605419cb807ef0e4592f6d98438da111.jpg

 

Coby I Love what you've done with this, may I ask what region this is in?  I'd love to do a fly by for a look at inspiration on a few items  you have (like palms in pots!).  NY eve I landed a houseboat spot within sight of my Victorian so I've some decorating to do.  Thanks!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Coby I Love what you've done with this, may I ask what region this is in?  I'd love to do a fly by for a look at inspiration on a few items  you have (like palms in pots!).  NY eve I landed a houseboat spot within sight of my Victorian so I've some decorating to do.  Thanks!

It's here (this spot is just few meters off from the parcel): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sea Ya/238/22/28

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Today a new neighbor has started to build something BIG over their houseboat. Why? ūüė© ‚ėĻÔłŹ

2020-01-01_neighbor.thumb.jpg.76006890caab7f05a9925d5bd47b48c0.jpg

 Looks like it probably is within the 15 m height restriction. Maybe it will look okay when finally finished (trying to give the benefit of doubt here).

 

giphy.gif

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I cannot see much on that picture - has it been taken by night?

Yeah it's nighttime and I moved my windlight to even further into night. That noted I have a script that turns on the lights inside my plot when the sun is down and an avatar is present - turns them off otherwise. So that lit up the windows for added effect - but you'll need a bright monitor to see details on that shot...

Coral Bay at present as that is the spot already in a forest.

My mainland is one of those places that can go +/-40 or more in height. So it's a giant hole that has deeper water than here, covered with a grass prim... I may put a swamp down there too...

The whole swamp kit was super cheap at $500L and matches Bellisseria green-coasts fairly well, with mostly low land impact items:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LOVE-BLUEBAY-SWAMP-KIT-CREATE-YOUR-OWN-SWAMP-OR-BAYOU/17946601

 

 

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Today a new neighbor has started to build something BIG over their houseboat. Why? ūüė© ‚ėĻÔłŹ

2020-01-01_neighbor.thumb.jpg.76006890caab7f05a9925d5bd47b48c0.jpg

If that is within height, it would be just barely. I have a shuttle craft on top of my houseboat and it's smaller than this in height and almost didn't fit.

Rez a prim on your land, to 15m, and stretch it over... or two linked prims such that the top one tops at 15m, and stretch that top one... get rid of it right away... juts use it to check.

You might still be able to AR theme if the end product looks bad...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 Looks like it probably is within the 15 m height restriction. Maybe it will look okay when finally finished (trying to give the benefit of doubt here).

Yes, I just wait and see how it develops. They have started texturing it now, and it looks better already.

Edited to add:
I measured, the structure's highest point is 16.9 meters above the water surface.

Edited by Coby Foden
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Yes, I just wait and see how it develops. They have started texturing it now, and it looks better already.

Edited to add:
I measured, the structure's highest point is 16.9 meters above the water surface.

Yeah, I just went and measured it.   Let us know how it develops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Which houseboattype is that? The first photo looks a bit like @Blush Bravin 's addon for the evening star - which I use aswell- the second doesn't.

Its the evening star, with Blush her awesome addon, and then some custom work on the top floor/bedroom I did myself, using the textures that come with the houseboat.

I'm not that much of a builder really, its two prims as floor, and I used parts of a fence from a coffee bistro I have. Bit of texturing and coloring, and done ;)

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I thought for the new year we would try to abandon our traditional and try some new home style :D 

and I was luck I abandoned our old home and got a boat right away :D 

I had quite a little fun decorating it T^T I think its a newer region since many of the boats around us were still unowned when we got there xD but by now quite some are owned ^^ 

 

Snapshot_020.png

Snapshot_024.png

Snapshot_022.png

Snapshot_026.png

Snapshot_028.png

Snapshot_029.png

Snapshot_032.png

Snapshot_031.png

  • Like 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Working a Verne kitchen. Progress thus far...

The Verne - Kitchen

 

totally off topic, but what pants are those?  They make your butt look great!  And your decorating looks great too hee hee.

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

totally off topic, but what pants are those?  They make your butt look great!  And your decorating looks great too hee hee.

Blueberry! Power Play. So is the shirt and boots.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Working on swampy look

Because my boathouse here is in a forest, and my neighbor rezzed a sandy beach with a sign saying key west... I went swamp. :P

Well my sandy beach in the middle of a forest neighbor just took down her build and abandoned. I actually think this is for HER best... because just west of us is a whole island chain of sandy beach houseboats that... if she's not too late, she will get into... Her tastes are PERFECT over there... but were ill suited to Coral Bay.

Oh and here's what the swamp looks like in daylight:

6am windlight:

3e0299b405c3699b7a845d9d3e504dab.jpg

Mid afternoon windlight:

484114ac676b6e85fa914b5fa012d714.jpg

I think it doesn't look as good in day windlight... so I need to think about whether or not I can fix that, or if I should cut it back a bit... will wait to see who replaces the neighbor and hope they build to the local woodland waterfront character... if they do I will adjust to fit.

After all it was NOT my intention to have a hostile build... rather to have one that seemed to fit the area... so I need to spend the next few days making sure of that.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Well my sandy beach in the middle of a forest neighbor just took down her build and abandoned. I actually think this is for HER best... because just west of us is a whole island chain of sandy beach houseboats that... if she's not too late, she will get into... Her tastes are PERFECT over there... but were ill suited to Coral Bay.

Mid afternoon windlight:

484114ac676b6e85fa914b5fa012d714.jpg

I think it doesn't look as good in day windlight... so I need to think about whether or not I can fix that, or if I should cut it back a bit... will wait to see who replaces the neighbor and hope they build to the local woodland waterfront character... if they do I will adjust to fit.

After all it was NOT my intention to have a hostile build... rather to have one that seemed to fit the area... so I need to spend the next few days making sure of that.

Totally love what you and Coby come up with regarding the House Boat landscaping!  My new Houseboat lot in Alwife faces my Victorian in Dashwood (keeping both).  I kept a close eye on the lot and fortune smiled when it was abandoned and my alt captured it.  I'm wanting to set out a boat & seaplane for play;  might make the water landscaping more of a challenge but I love seeing folks post their work here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Totally love what you and Coby come up with regarding the House Boat landscaping!  My new Houseboat lot in Alwife faces my Victorian in Dashwood (keeping both).  I kept a close eye on the lot and fortune smiled when it was abandoned and my alt captured it.  I'm wanting to set out a boat & seaplane for play;  might make the water landscaping more of a challenge but I love seeing folks post their work here.

After my 'rez a beach in the middle of the forest' neighbor left... 3 people came and went rapidly abandoning the plot because I guess a LOT of people don't want to be near a swamp... though the child AV that cammed into my plot and noticed the nude art likely left for that reason (thank goodness). Then I got someone who settled in.

As you can see me and this new person have radically different tastes... BUT I don't mind because she's "in theme" to the area. She used water lilies and bamboo. I don't get people who cover their water with docks... but at least it's not out of theme. More like having a neighbor next door in RL that has a different brand of grill than the one you like... ;)

378dea675af26fbec5741647056ca044.jpg

This actually bumps up my odds on keeping Coral over Fishtown, but still not sure...

Also when I cam back like this half my swamp things fail to rez... bad LOD maybe... which means I will need to rework a little...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Faz alguns dias que meu ALT pegou esta casa-barco de TRAFALGAR, √© a √ļltima casa do lado esquerdo, tem um farol que a ilumina, o c√©u do terra√ßo e eu posso ver os v√°rios tipos de casas ao meu redor, ou o mar aberto nas minhas costas. Adiante ... n√£o sei quanto tempo vou manter esse luxo ... mas acho que pelo menos at√© ver nos pr√≥ximos meses.

casaFALQ-01_010.thumb.jpg.15808aaf8291580a4f75d7716cf48d8c.jpg

casaFALQ-01_003.jpg.5c681fd25e2622be5e8025144f3d9d4a.jpg

casaFALQ-01_008.jpg.417f94873417580eb78c7e28f2f17b8d.jpg

casaFALQ-01_001.thumb.jpg.342eb9da3bf325a602c4febbb2ea4c33.jpg

Edited by Nando Yip
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...