-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

So.. I got this plot in Periana and I'm not quite sure if I want to keep it.
The view out front is pretty good since there isn't a house right across the street. Instead there's a little green island with two benches and bird sounds. ^_^ It also has the street on the right, so there is absolutely no feeling of being "boxed in". Plus some flowers in front (could be more.. ^^)

35656566_PerianaView_001.thumb.jpg.4dd50c6e4bfbeb3976f72d52d8239327.jpg

1853257550_PerianaView_002.thumb.jpg.76502f3418fe5e66f56f0546982b8c22.jpg

I wasn't that "picky" with my traditional. In fact I was just so so happy to finally catch one back in June that I never dared to play the Game of Houses - Please don't judge -  But now with the amount of Vickys available, this game is looking quite attractive, to find your "perfect" spot. 🤷‍♀️ 
What I kind of miss with this house are the steps leading up to it. That was one feature that really got me at the preview. (plus the tons of flowers right in front of your home

So I think I might keep sitting here debating whether to let this one go, or try to adapt to it.
I need the opinion of an expert - @Marianne Little - What do say to the front and the flowers? Are there enough? 😂

Well, expert was not something I thought I was! When I see how much flowers you have now, I can say that all houses I abandoned have fewer flowers than your house, and they were also feeling more boxed in. I like the color scheme too, you got many Hydrangeas.

I also abandoned them because some only had stubs of walls. This was before I noticed that the Victorian wall kit are low Li. The low Li Mole flowers was also a really pleasant surprise. I hope the sidewalk texture is added to the content pack soon.

I didn't like the hedges in the Traditional pack, that was mainly because I had big add-ons. Looking out of the windows in these would be looking in a hedge. More rooms and bigger rooms in the Victorians take away most of the need for addons.* My eye measurement say the Victorian hedges are both darker and lower. We need them in the content pack, if I am right.

* I have started to think about a Widow's walk.

• Like 2

Rolled the dice four times yesterday and ended up with this amazing plot on Knightley, at the end of a secluded street. Next to ocean with houses in the distance, and backed by a river. Very happy, for me taking the gamble was well worth it. Because of how my plot faces, my favorite home the Verne looks odd (wish we could mirror the homes), so trying my hand at the Doyle first.. I'm making myself finish the deco, but anticipating I'll change to the Hardy eventually.

Snapshot_003.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_005.png

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, expert was not something I thought I was!

The flower expert. 😊🌺🌻🌷

I really kinda like the plot, but not too sure if I will going to love it. We'll see. But I too hope that the sidewalk texture will be added to the content pack soon. If I can't have stairs up to my house I want a decent path at least.

17 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Rocky Heights, I think in the middle north of the region, would yes would have made me an almost neighbor.

To do the house colors... I use the color pallete - won't work with saved colors. I wore 3 prims to HUD attachment points and moved them to spots around the color pallet HUD so as to remember where to click... :P

Small world!  I passed by your house all the time, we were three houses apart but maybe different time zone ;)

My Friend @mymaggie lives across the street from your old lot, and my Brown Continental was two houses from that.  would love to see your Painted Lady some time.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, expert was not something I thought I was! When I see how much flowers you have now, I can say that all houses I abandoned have fewer flowers than your house, and they were also feeling more boxed in. I like the color scheme too, you got many Hydrangeas.

I also abandoned them because some only had stubs of walls. This was before I noticed that the Victorian wall kit are low Li. The low Li Mole flowers was also a really pleasant surprise. I hope the sidewalk texture is added to the content pack soon.

I didn't like the hedges in the Traditional pack, that was mainly because I had big add-ons. Looking out of the windows in these would be looking in a hedge. More rooms and bigger rooms in the Victorians take away most of the need for addons.* My eye measurement say the Victorian hedges are both darker and lower. We need them in the content pack, if I am right.

* I have started to think about a Widow's walk.

I'd agree with Marianne, not all homes have that lovely view, number of flowers, or drive by appeal.  Now flowers can be a secondary decision, as the content pack does have a great selection, but isn't it nice to have them out already and not impacting your LI.  On the plus side, fewer flowers = you control more of what colors are set out.  Same page with Marianne regarding hedges in the Traditional Pack and for me they tended to be more yellowish.  As for location, just remember they're all a little different but if this one brings you joy, why not stay.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

I'd agree with Marianne, not all homes have that lovely view, number of flowers, or drive by appeal.

So jealous of you & everyone else w/ amazing seaside parcels (without houseboat views)! I got a house next to an L-shaped pond yesterday, which is nice, but still trying for the ocean w/ multiple alts.

I also wish we had options (sort of like the house rezzer) to change the privacy landscaping around each parcel. So for example, instead of thick hedges blocking a pond view, the option to change to sparse bushes, a tree, etc.

I do love all the flowers and fence varieties though, on my previous traditional I used up ~40 LI putting them all around the front porch :P

4 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

The flower expert. 😊🌺🌻🌷

I really kinda like the plot, but not too sure if I will going to love it. We'll see. But I too hope that the sidewalk texture will be added to the content pack soon. If I can't have stairs up to my house I want a decent path at least.

The sidewalk textures are in the content pack. I used one last night to build a walkway for my house. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The sidewalk textures are in the content pack. I used one last night to build a walkway for my house. 

Really? Then they must have updated it. You don't mean the Traditionals sidewalk?

Edit: yes, there is a Texures pack 2 now, and also the LH security system. I compared it with the pack I got the first day. It was missing the first day.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Yes I did it. I Got my house all together after fighting to find a kitchen set that was low LI in my folders. And I got my path done after I saw that they sent us the texture. I love where my house is sitting. I sit on a hill that overlooks  a river and the train tracks!  Yep my forever home. 

My new home 1_001.jpg

My new home 1_002.jpg

My new home 1_004.jpg

My new home 1_005.jpg

Edited by jellybeangirl101
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Caitlyn Zeurra said:

I have a question about the new victorian style homes. I still have a traditional home in Bellisseria but I really would like a new victorian home. With that being said, how easily available are the new victorian homes, if I decided to let my traditional home go? :)

There are Victorian homes in the selection now. There have been since the release x

On 12/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, Layla Claven said:

I was lucky enough to get a lovely Victorian house in Canby with a pond right across the street. I sat on a bench there for a while before cracking on with decorating (I think the pond is missing an otter or another furry aquatic mammal .. something cute). Anyway I have now filled the house. Most of the items I have used before in previous homes and anything new more than likely came from the latest sale at Apple Fall. Besides the blinds in the kitchen which I bought from Lisp, I have used the 1L curtains throughout the house that @s2Pandora mentioned a while a go in the curtain thread … thank you Pandora

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-tH5VbJvQ7x.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-asBIBlIHzuLq.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-FTPzcCVSSfWJ4wvm.jpg

where would I find the curtain thread you reference?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.