Jump to content
Blush Bravin

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Recommended Posts

On 13/11/2019 at 08:46, Chic Aeon said:

Alguém me contatou ontem no mundo sobre "colocar malha no SL". Ela estava construindo com prims e depois exportando e não conseguia pegar as texturas. Obviamente, há uma quantidade razoável de etapas usando exportadas dos prims do visualizador. Ela estava fazendo coisas para sua casa em Belli, como muitos fazem. Em algum momento da conversa, mencionei que ela poderia transformar seus prims em casco convexo no visualizador para reduzir pela metade o impacto sobre a terra.  

Ela não fazia ideia mesmo daqueles que esse "truque" existe desde o advento da malha. Claro que não é infalível e não é para prims esculpidos. Mas eu procurei um artigo para ela e ela ficou emocionada, então pensei em publicar no link aqui, pois parece que muitas pessoas da Belli estão tentando economizar o impacto da terra com "malha falsa" (os prims também são, é claro, malha, mas existem alguns problemas inerentes aos cenários de exportação e importação). Portanto, para muitas pessoas, esse método rápido funcionaria melhor. 

 

landimpactlead.jpg

 

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2012/12/when-is-prim-not-prim.html

Chic Aeon - Thank you for your helpful posts! !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Elena Core said:

I've tried to build one in my backyard, but it seems I still need a loooooooooot more practice, because it ended up looking like a puddle. 

I had this swimming pool in my inventory, and because it is moddable I could take it apart and use the animated water texture and that made quite a difference. The rocks  came from this pond set  and the dunes I made from a Linden library texture (beach sand) and a sculpty 'noise sphere' (not sure where that came from). I guess it is about lifting up the water, then hiding that change of level in various ways?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I too have all Mayas Kitchens and am experimenting with adapting them to Belli houses. Never heard of "AVsitter adjustment sticks." - Where can I get them and how do I use them? Is there a tutorial about that somewhere?

Some furniture might have the AVSitter adjustment sticks. But most furniture might not have them and then the animation adjustment must be done via the menu. Adjusting the animations with the menu is a slow process if there are lots of animations to be adjusted. With the sticks it's pretty quick to do.

If the furniture is modifiable it's possible to put the "[AV]adjuster" script and "[AV]helper" object in the contents of the furniture. Then you will have the stick to do the adjusting. The "[AV]helper" object attaches to your avatar, you can move and rotate the avatar by adjusting the position and rotation of the "[AV]helper" (it's the long white/pink stick in the picture).

2019-11-17_AVsitter-stick.jpg.bc47636ec0bc2a985ae65b52330f5df5.jpg

There is commercial and free version available. The free version does everything what the commercial version does. The free version needs some work as all the AVsitter srcipts must be imported to SL one by one (there are many of them). The commercial version in Marketplace is ready to use at once and it comes with many examples too.
 

All you need to know about AVsitter, see the links below.

• Ready package from Marketplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/79645

• AVsitter guide: https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_home.html

• Instructions how to setup the free version: https://github.com/AVsitter/AVsitter/blob/master/AVsitter2/IMPORT_GUIDE.md

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

So after realizing camping life really is NOT my style, but also really liking the land I have my trailer on being it's rather private and has direct lake access, I decided why not turn it into an ice cream store? Let alone the name - Huney Junction 🤗

Still working on it but eventually will give out the SLurl so people can visit and enjoy

Ice Cream You Scream We All Scream For Ice Cream!

 

Felt the same, so turned mine in Sparkle Bottoms into a fortuneteller's caravan

sparkle.png

Untitled-2.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I too have all Mayas Kitchens and am experimenting with adapting them to Belli houses. Never heard of "AVsitter adjustment sticks." - Where can I get them and how do I use them? Is there a tutorial about that somewhere?

I think AV Sitter calls them helpers and are one piece of the AV Sitter animation set and scripts. Blender Bender Group is currently teaching a series of 5 clases on AV Sitter

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharing a LH wall kit with you, because I like it and think it's cheap and useful. It is only the short version with this. I pushed it a bit down, since the ground is a bit uneven.

I have seen some "homemade" brick walls, but I have not found any for sale. I have tried to make one myself, but didn't get so low land impact or look.

 

 

LH wall_001.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switched from my beloved Winchester to the Adams Model and, what can I say... I never thought that I'd actually like it more. 😂🙈
I always loved the outside architecture of the Adams but hated the inside. The room layout still is pretty bad, but with a few handy add-ons (thanks guys! ❤️) I've managed to make it all cozy for myself.
This is a picture of the front. I'm always tossing and turning things around, so this look might just be temporary. (poor neighbors might think I'm a little mad in the head.. xD


760991308_HomeBellisseria-EvardNov.2019_001.thumb.jpg.30803c6f0a8b4384ddb6d70cb39ad631.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

754577801_Awningtest.gif.gif.acdf438cf27685533c4363389d704b51.gif

Not sure where else to post this but as a Belli add-on (and with others posting their builds) this seemed appropriate. Unfortunately it's not the best quality but I made this tonight for a friend who asked for something more like a traditional canvas awning for the outside of his camper and couldn't find one. It's a little tall for my liking but I tried to make it sit flush against the camper and line up with the height of the camper door. That section on the ground near my head is intended to run just beside the wheel. Anyway the doors open and close but no windows in an effort to keep the Land Impact down. Still not too bad for 19 LI. Hopefully he likes it! (I guess I'll find out soon enough)

I think at this rate I'm thinking I should get my alt to catch a camper so I can build add-ons around that, at least until the new style homes are released. Not sure people would appreciate a stranger teleporting in and out to build. 🤔🙄😣

(EDIT: also yay my first .gif post! XD)

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Sharing a LH wall kit with you, because I like it and think it's cheap and useful. It is only the short version with this. I pushed it a bit down, since the ground is a bit uneven.

I have seen some "homemade" brick walls, but I have not found any for sale. I have tried to make one myself, but didn't get so low land impact or look.

Thanks, Marianne.  But what part of this is the kit?  And is it on the marketplace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Thanks, Marianne.  But what part of this is the kit?  And is it on the marketplace?

The stone wall -- you can buy it on the MP and it is much lower LI than the one in the Content pack.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Linden-Home-Wall-Low-impact/18383658

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Thanks, Marianne.  But what part of this is the kit?  And is it on the marketplace?

As LittleMe said... I should have been more exact. Garden wall kit is probably better to call it. The LH content pack is really pretty, but it is so high Li. Even when linking parts, Li does not go down at all. 😩

 

LH wall_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize I took very dark and dramatic pictures, so here is one in better light. The bathroom is in the add-on. I picked a color from the curtains and tinted various towels in shades of pink and wine.

 

 

bath_006.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on my home. I decided I was using way too many prims on my kitchen so I switched things around, and I like it so much better now. I moved the office from the little room at the entrance and now it's my parlor.

parlor_001.thumb.jpg.b0e34a4fc934174fd02b8bcf24d99844.jpg

The office along with piano and comfy lounging area are all up on the second floor now.

famRm_001.thumb.jpg.482f6d439a9b62602239665b84699906.jpg

The kitchen and dining are now back on the first floor in the larger back room.

kit2_001.thumb.jpg.156bbf664ca4d570368a4ee62e467dfe.jpg

 

kit1_001.jpg

I decided that I'd rather keep the add-on as just a really nice master suite so removed the laundry completely. I am now using that little room for a walk-in closet. That freed up the corner in the bedroom. I've placed a little writing desk in that corner.

master_001.thumb.jpg.3f431ef8080e9b7dfe2b044bb31c2068.jpg

master2_001.thumb.jpg.d77e56b743b13a2c2ea6c500c40773eb.jpg

I'm really enjoying the changes but I'm still super excited to see what the new theme brings and hoping to move to a new home soon.

If anyone would like to visit my home, please feel free to do so. Here's your taxi.

 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Update on my home. I decided I was using way too many prims on my kitchen so I switched things around, and I like it so much better now. I moved the office from the little room at the entrance and now it's my parlor.

parlor_001.thumb.jpg.b0e34a4fc934174fd02b8bcf24d99844.jpg

The office along with piano and comfy lounging area are all up on the second floor now.

famRm_001.thumb.jpg.482f6d439a9b62602239665b84699906.jpg

The kitchen and dining are now back on the first floor in the larger back room.

kit2_001.thumb.jpg.156bbf664ca4d570368a4ee62e467dfe.jpg

 

kit1_001.jpg

I decided that I'd rather keep the add-on as just a really nice master suite so removed the laundry completely. I am now using that little room for a walk-in closet. That freed up the corner in the bedroom. I've placed a little writing desk in that corner.

master_001.thumb.jpg.3f431ef8080e9b7dfe2b044bb31c2068.jpg

master2_001.thumb.jpg.d77e56b743b13a2c2ea6c500c40773eb.jpg

I'm really enjoying the changes but I'm still super excited to see what the new theme brings and hoping to move to a new home soon.

If anyone would like to visit my home, please feel free to do so. Here's your taxi.

 

I love this - will - for sure (could not spell definately) go visit - it is beautiful.....love your style.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ph34r: My first ever curtains in Linden home. Yes, really! 😄
This is the only window which has curtains now. Maybe I'll add more later - or not.

2019-11-25_Winchester-3.thumb.jpg.4d2b89b2a15af29fb5c9e970ae92acc0.jpg


I like the view from this spot in the house, water view from both doors.
Extra bonus is that the super cool daily Bellisseria boat parade passes here just in front of the house. 🙂

2019-11-25_Winchester-1.thumb.jpg.18951bbbf942208c6649cf3ed5153464.jpg


Outside there are many favorite spots. This being one of them. I'm very much rooted into this parcel.
:SwingingFriends:

2019-11-25_Winchester-2.thumb.jpg.43330d155cc7fb569e0c3aa8a6f8676e.jpg

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threw some lights and whatnot on my house. There are some on the back too, but lazy. Kind of basic, but I really like lights, garlands, wreaths.. and that's about it, lol.

image.png.afab644bafba0104e956c1e0fa003c9b.png

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Threw some lights and whatnot on my house. There are some on the back too, but lazy. Kind of basic, but I really like lights, garlands, wreaths.. and that's about it, lol.

image.png.afab644bafba0104e956c1e0fa003c9b.png

I would love to know where you got the multicolored ones. Yes, and the white ones too. I have lots of lights, but they play hide-and seek in my inventory now. I have to remember the names so I can find them. I think I have some of the white ones. I was just lamenting the high Li for the LH content gifts. I am going for lights on the house, and not much more this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I would love to know where you got the multicolored ones. Yes, and the white ones too. I have lots of lights, but they play hide-and seek in my inventory now. I have to remember the names so I can find them. I think I have some of the white ones. I was just lamenting the high Li for the LH content gifts. I am going for lights on the house, and not much more this year.

The multicolors are from Azalea Bluebell(In inventory they show as ~AB~ first), and the whites are part of the light set from Botanical. Most are 1LI each, some may be 2(of course it'll add up with so many used).

Lights are the best part. =D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

Threw some lights and whatnot on my house. There are some on the back too, but lazy. Kind of basic, but I really like lights, garlands, wreaths.. and that's about it, lol.

image.png.afab644bafba0104e956c1e0fa003c9b.png

Lovely decor. You've added lights but keeping the style of the home, really classy

Edited by Elena Core
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Griswold home. I used @s2Pandora's multicolored ones and tinted them white. Plus Botanical - I already had those.

I still have 5 Li and didn't have to empty any rooms. Wonderful that the Azalea Bluebell lightstrings are so long! The bottom image, the longest string is just 1 part.

 

 

xmas_002ed.jpg

xmas_003.jpg

xmas_004ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

A Griswold home. I used @s2Pandora's multicolored ones and tinted them white. Plus Botanical - I already had those.

I still have 5 Li and didn't have to empty any rooms. Wonderful that the Azalea Bluebell lightstrings are so long! The bottom image, the longest string is just 1 part.

 

 

xmas_002ed.jpg

xmas_003.jpg

xmas_004ed.jpg

Very nice! I've tinted them white for my alt's house. 😃  They look very nice~

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar to my main's house, did up my alt's house with white! Took me literally all day to do because I did little bits while taking little "nighttime, better hide" breaks in "The Isle".

Could have done closer shots, but I like to show the expanse of the parcel with her house.

image.thumb.png.fc35f78e2143b3a5a4d3dd3be25a7397.png

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...