-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, Leora Jacobus said:

We have both - usually the toilett is in the bathroom. But if this bathroom is upstairs there is usually a little "guest toilett" on the groundfloor. aswell.

In this case I had an addon by @Blush Bravin - that is the one you see. The small room is supposed to be a wardrobe, but as I do not need that (and have nothing to fill it with) I used it for a seperate toilette. I liked this addon because there is a tiles texture I liked - nice and oldfashioned and beige - and you could tile the floor aswell.

The other addon by @Trinity Aironaut is all one room but I did not like the shape and the door and the pattern of the tiles as much as in this. So it has not so much to do with cultural differences but with different addons ;)

You do know you can retexture all of those walls and floors, right?

Though I totally agree that Blush's build is much better as are her textures - the bedroom add-on for the Winchester is spot-on

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

You do know you can retexture all of those walls and floors, right?

Though I totally agree that Blush's build is much better as are her textures - the bedroom add-on for the Winchester is spot-on

Well I can change the walls of the addon - but not the walls of the house that form path of the bathroom / closet.

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well I can change the walls of the addon - but not the walls of the house that form path of the bathroom / closet.

I bought the Givoria Wall Paint pack, pricey, but really worth it IMHO. Gives great flexibility for changing the colors of the entire house interior walls. Not only does it have it's own textures (and a ton of them) but you can upload your own which is what I do.  I have a favorite paint company; I find what I like and bring those into SL so I wind up with a very custom colored interior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I bought the Givoria Wall Paint pack, pricey, but really worth it IMHO. Gives great flexibility for changing the colors of the entire house interior walls. Not only does it have it's own textures (and a ton of them) but you can upload your own which is what I do.  I have a favorite paint company; I find what I like and bring those into SL so I wind up with a very custom colored interior. 

I bought the TA Expansion Kit which containd paintable Walls and floors for the main house. After I decided that I did not really want so much extra room, I diisembled it in a sandbox and picked out the transparent rooms so now I can paint one wall or several or florors using them and textures of my own. I am not one for patterned wallpapers though. Still I googeled some and will see what I make of them.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2019 at 6:00 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Same! That feature is so helpful! Now if I could get a similar warning while shopping in world...

Some in world stores do have this feature.  I can't remember off hand who, but I have tried purchasing something only for the vendor to tell me I already have purchased it.  Wish I could remember the stores.  Must start keeping track.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Some in world stores do have this feature.  I can't remember off hand who, but I have tried purchasing something only for the vendor to tell me I already have purchased it.  Wish I could remember the stores.  Must start keeping track.

If you purchase something from a Caspervend that you have already bought, it will refund the money and tell you in chat.  Also, if you try to gift someone something from Caspervend and they previously purchased it from Caspervend, it will tell you so that you don't give them something they already have.

Unfortunately, the MP and inworld vendors don't talk.  And I don't think any other vendor system besides Caspervend does that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Oh that's good to know! I'll have to keep my out for that. :) 

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, if you try to gift someone something from Caspervend and they previously purchased it from Caspervend, it will tell you so that you don't give them something they already have.

Now that is super helpful. I wish MP would tell us the same sort of info about gifts.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Now that is super helpful. I wish MP would tell us the same sort of info about gifts.

I just did some testing with this.  While it doesn't tell you that you gifted it, it does tell you that you bought it on a specific date.  You can then search your Order History and you would then find it as a purchase to yourself and/or a gift to someone.

At least it does give the 'previously purchased' warning, even if it isn't specific.

• Thanks 1

My Evening Star houseboat in Sebek region. I like the arrangement of the houseboats here because most parcels are the square ones 32 m x 32 m.
There are only very few rectangle 16 m x 64 m parcels. Using the square parcel arrangement the houseboats avoid the feeling of being too crowded together. Other benefit of the square parcels is that they offer more options for decorating and furnishing the parcel than the rectangle parcels do.

Some random snapshots below.

2019-10-08_Evening-Star_1.thumb.jpg.665e60bb2e65b3dcddaf56e1fedebf35.jpg

Sunset view seen from the lower deck.
2019-10-08_Evening-Star_2.thumb.jpg.c8ca3100fb122da2fbd391480ffbfc84.jpg

Sunset view from the rooftop.
2019-10-08_Evening-Star_3.thumb.jpg.a7f19de270b85d43861d1740af918800.jpg

My sauna is heating up at the back.
2019-10-08_Evening-Star_4.thumb.jpg.44a8ec41d2009fc4dcec966434c13bd3.jpg

• Like 11

On 10/7/2019 at 5:39 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

I bought the Givoria Wall Paint pack though it really costs a lot and it was rather easy to place. But now I am confused. It gives me a great selection of colours for each wall but no patterns. I thought that was what you meant by "have it's own textures (and a ton of them)" The good thing is that really EACH wall of EACH room is an extra face so you can tint or texture it seperately ... but the floors? doesn't it include the floors? and are there no patternd wallpapers?

Edited by Leora Jacobus

On 10/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, Cougar Sangria said:

Just a few days ago I bought something inworld or on MP, that I had already bought on the other one of those... But the two weren't aware of each other and I... I was just looking at the shiny... O.o

• Like 1

What to do with empty upstairs room in Winchester house? How about a low LI Asian style furnishing for example? Ok, let's see...

1. Put one prim on the big wall, two prims on the window wall and one prim on the floor. Make them into convex hulls and link them all together.
2. Texture the prims. There are nice Japanese textures in the Shareta Osumai texture pack available in some of the old Linden homes regions.
- - You can get the free texture pack from here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kita/114/186/117
3. Get few low LI furniture and some lights. Put some Japanese themed pictures on the walls.
And you're done. Simple and nice. Less is more, they say... 😃 😉

The furnishing in this room, pictured below, is total of 20 prims but only 13 LI. (Not counting the roaming kitten 😸 which uses 2 LI.)

2019-10-12_Winchester-Upstairs_1.thumb.jpg.5181356ba3ca43f9b393ccd1004554ba.jpg

2019-10-12_Winchester-Upstairs_2.thumb.jpg.5ff2157fab203fa4a68ee495c0ffa2f8.jpg

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

What to do with empty upstairs room in Winchester house? 😃😉

I like your Asian look. I have been thinking about a dance studio room. I know @Chic Aeonmade a huge one in one of her add-ons. Or was it a ballroom? I need to find a goodlooking barre with a convincing mirror. Mirrors are hard in SL. Then I just upload free Degas art or some other art with dancers, and place big posters around the walls.

I am not sure how many of you knows it, but it's a lot of Public Domain art here: https://www.artic.edu/collection?is_public_domain=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Early morning. Preparing some breakfast.
Playing nice soft relaxing music videos on the media screen.2019-10-14_Winchester_morning_1.thumb.jpg.7bfeb70456596407b1538349eef7c229.jpg

... and coffee
2019-10-14_Winchester_morning_2.thumb.jpg.7c75d87d02d125b7b086168daf8112c2.jpg

2019-10-14_Winchester_morning_3.thumb.jpg.8fb7c7516db145dc73476467fd8cd51b.jpg

The back garden when the sun is about to rise. I change the arrangement there quite often.
I use lots of local lights outside, and inside the house too. They add interest to the scene.
All lights are scripted, so it's possible to turn them on and off individually when needed.
2019-10-14_Winchester_morning_4.thumb.jpg.c047163c1c8600e740de63607b83d782.jpg

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Early morning. Preparing some breakfast.
Playing nice soft relaxing music videos on the media screen.2019-10-14_Winchester_morning_1.thumb.jpg.7bfeb70456596407b1538349eef7c229.jpg

Is that a 'web on a prim' or an actual media player in SL that still works?

Years ago all my media players broke, and 'web prims' were range based so I just never got into using them.

4 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Winchester house - back garden at night lighting.
Most of the neighbors seem to be sleeping, or are not at home. 😴

2019-10-14_Winchester-garden-at-night.thumb.jpg.bd38645ae78dac3ee94bb834a99217f6.jpg

I really wish that sitting group was mod, so I could make it smaller. I have it too, but much of my other furniture has a smaller scale. I still use this sitting group as a way of saving LI, and place it far away from smaller scale furniture. Sigh.

• Like 1

Help-me 🥺

my SL does not want to catch, he comes in more is falling already did everything, even changed the view and the problem continues, he was working perfectly, then I stopped playing and now that I do not want to catch, some help please! 

😔😭😭

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, xlBrunalx said:

Help-me 🥺

my SL does not want to catch, he comes in more is falling already did everything, even changed the view and the problem continues, he was working perfectly, then I stopped playing and now that I do not want to catch, some help please! 

😔😭😭

You have posted this in 3  (all wrong) areas of the forums now and I have no idea what you mean by catch and falling and what the problem is.  who is "he"  where is he "falling" from and what is he trying to avoid catching?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.