-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Rivlyn Rawley said:

Hmmm I think my search skills are weak.. I can't find those french door/room dividers on the Market Place. I will keep looking!  The two 'show your home' photo threads have been really enjoyable to follow. Thank you all 😃

Maybe this is it?  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHD-Linden-Houseboat-Wallower-Interior-Walls/17519450

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Great job @Trinity Aironaut ! But I can't figure out where in the house the pink room with the couches is located.

It seems thrre are three rooms in a row downstairs but there are only two. Did you build a separation wall?

...or did you add a room where there might be a terrace?

I added one where the back door is, then added double doors to the outside with a small porch and a canopy. I also added porch lights at both entrances.

Continental 4

Continental 10

Continental 11

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is what I did to the backyard, put up a sheshed and some flowers and then derendered all the shrubs and trees that the moles put in, it just looked to unfinished and chaotic and it messes with my OCD when that happens lol The shed is from BellaRose, I got it down from 27 LI to 11 LI 

backyard redo_001.png

Edited by anniepany
to add something
  • Like 11

I've taken quite a break from playing with my Linden Homes. I haven't played with the Winchester since that very first week after the initial release so thought it was time to look at that house again. Not all that long ago I made a house that had a garage so inspired by that old build I decided to try a garage add-on. This is what I've come up with while playing with prims.... nothing in mesh as of yet .. but this is where I'm headed.

win-gar-1.thumb.png.cc370e554cca757e7ee3efa96bde7aa6.png

I need to extend the driveway to the road yet .. but time for that later.

win-gar-3.thumb.png.b47f504482949a511b1dfd20a96b80c1.png

win-gar-2.thumb.png.7a61c23660b58b1d6402ad981689fb40.png

I wanted a nice bright room above the garage with loads of windows. I'm going to have to mesh some windows that actually match the ones in the house. For now these placeholder windows at least let me see that I'm headed in the right direction.

178306068_winchestergarage_002.png.e155945ff88b57590c333b7dd73f0c36.png

I'm not too keen on having two sets of stairs but I don't see anyway around it if I want that room above the garage.

1551618670_winchestergarage_003.png.628f02746875658257a4d9431ed4baab.png

Not sure what I'll use this room for that's between the old exterior door and the garage door. But it too has a nice open feel with windows and the new exterior doors. It's funny how clean everything looks on the interior before I start texturing the walls. Sometimes I'm tempted to leave them that way!

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 22

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've taken quite a break from playing with my Linden Homes. I haven't played with the Winchester since that very first week after the initial release so thought it was time to look at that house again. Not all that long ago I made a house that had a garage so inspired by that old build I decided to try a garage add-on. This is what I've come up with while playing with prims.... nothing in mesh as of yet .. but this is where I'm headed.

win-gar-1.thumb.png.cc370e554cca757e7ee3efa96bde7aa6.png

I wanted a nice bright room above the garage with loads of windows. I'm going to have to mesh some windows that actually match the ones in the house. For now these placeholder windows at least let me see that I'm headed in the right direction.

178306068_winchestergarage_002.png.e155945ff88b57590c333b7dd73f0c36.png

I'm not too keen on having two sets of stairs but I don't see anyway around it if I want that room above the garage.

1551618670_winchestergarage_003.png.628f02746875658257a4d9431ed4baab.png

Not sure what I'll use this room for that's between the old exterior door and the garage door. But it too has a nice open feel with windows and the new exterior doors. It's funny how clean everything looks on the interior before I start texturing the walls. Sometimes I'm tempted to leave them that way!

Wow, that is fabulous!  Now you have me thinking about abandoning my houseboat, you naughty thing!!!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I need to extend the driveway to the road yet .. but time for that later.

I wanted a nice bright room above the garage with loads of windows. I'm going to have to mesh some windows that actually match the ones in the house.

This looks really good. I have the Continental up now. If I feel tired of it, and still live in Humansville, I was thinking of an add - on to Winchester.

I don't have a driveway now, so I won't have a garage. But my best view is the side where you have the garage. I was thinking I should have a lot of windows there and a livingroom or a sunroom. Two full floors, like you built, look really impressive.

Maybe you have seen these windows. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-08x16-m-Twelve-Pane-Quality-Mesh-Window-OPQ-BelView-H04F-08-16-01-12P-Builders-Edition-CMT/9484368

They look very similar to the LH narrow windows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe you have seen these windows.

I have a set of full perm builder windows that would match well enough but they are not operational like the ones in the actual home, so I'm thinking about just making my own set that will match the homes and also open. Windows are really quite easy to make. :) 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I have a set of full perm builder windows that would match well enough but they are not operational like the ones in the actual home, so I'm thinking about just making my own set that will match the homes and also open. Windows are really quite easy to make. :) 

Yes, you can make everything. 😉 The creator there have windows that open too. That is more for us mortals who can make straight walls, but not more advanced things. 😄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, you can make everything. 😉 The creator there have windows that open too. That is more for us mortals who can make straight walls, but not more advanced things. 😄

Oh you jogged my memory ... I made working 4 pane windows ages ago and I think these might actually work with this build.

87d923832b3293783332d472f834d141.png

I gave my neighbors a show when I rezzed a set of these windows. Somehow I accidentally "wore" the lower window and it replaced my top. I didn't realize it until I cammed out to see how the window looked. /me chuckles

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 15

Mis queridos amigos, do you think you could sheld some light here? I've been working to create a wild animal, forest retreat on my backyard. But no matter how many changes I make, it still looks like a lot of stuff thrown in the garden, despite a whole picture. I'm not looking for a formal organized place, but this is not a peaceful one either, and I still have 70prims left.

Thank you so much!!!

JardinDcha.png

JArdinIzqda.png

• Like 12

Enjoying the Evening Star houseboat. I think I will keep this setup now for some time without much changes. (Until my fingers start itching again for action. xD)
What I could and actually should do is to add more animations to various places.
Lots of stuff already rezzed inside and outside.
20 LI still free (51 LI free if I delete the sail boat).

2019-07-15_Evening-Star_3.thumb.jpg.6e4a63f7cd92fbebe72dbc8586156f46.jpg

2019-07-15_Evening-Star_1.thumb.jpg.e46622321d58ad214234be8eed92be41.jpg

2019-07-15_Evening-Star_2.thumb.jpg.c422ebae1b2bbd6490f342ffcfb3ac3d.jpg

• Like 28

24 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Enjoying the Evening Star houseboat. I think I will keep this setup now for some time without much changes. (Until my fingers start itching again for action. xD)
What I could and actually should do is to add more animations to various places.
Lots of stuff already rezzed inside and outside.
20 LI still free (51 LI free if I delete the sail boat).

2019-07-15_Evening-Star_3.thumb.jpg.6e4a63f7cd92fbebe72dbc8586156f46.jpg

2019-07-15_Evening-Star_1.thumb.jpg.e46622321d58ad214234be8eed92be41.jpg

2019-07-15_Evening-Star_2.thumb.jpg.c422ebae1b2bbd6490f342ffcfb3ac3d.jpg

Looks so gorgeous! Love all the plants. Where did that pool float/lounger come from? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am trying to get the most out of my prim limit, and it is still things I need in the bathroom, like towels, lights, a mat and some plants. I feel I am terribly short on flowers now inside this house. I would not like to start taking up plants from the garden. But we will see. The bathroom is behind the door with green glass.

contbed_003ed.jpg

contbed_001ed.jpg

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Mis queridos amigos, do you think you could sheld some light here? I've been working to create a wild animal, forest retreat on my backyard. But no matter how many changes I make, it still looks like a lot of stuff thrown in the garden, despite a whole picture. I'm not looking for a formal organized place, but this is not a peaceful one either, and I still have 70prims left.

Thank you so much!!!

JardinDcha.png

JArdinIzqda.png

I’m not sure this will help, but I noticed while watching the Moles that they lay roads down first.. so maybe if you place down some paths (even temporary ones) which follow the flow from your door to different areas, such as an entertaining area (bar, water feature, loungers) recreation area (game or fire pit) and maybe a private place for relaxing... then once you’ve divided the space, it might make it easier to place your favourite decor where it will be a little visual surprise or a focal point?  You have some lovely objects so far 🥰 good luck and I’m sure you’ll find a way to set them off

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Elena Core said:

I've been working to create a wild animal, forest retreat on my backyard. But no matter how many changes I make, it still looks like a lot of stuff thrown in the garden, despite a whole picture

JardinDcha.png

when creating gardens I think that what we can sometimes miss in our design is flow.  In this case how objects on neighbouring parcels  (which we have no control over) affect/reduce the number of flow paths available to us

in this photo the dominant object is the pile of Mole rocks. The next dominant thing is the Mole hedge with Mole trees behind

is two primary flow paths available to us in this case:

1) we incorporate the rocks and hedge as a featured extension of our design flow, or

2) we de-emphasize them and send them to the background

taking the hedge first, and for this purpose we choose 2) de-emphasize

we can do this by planting a bed of wild flowers, grasses, and small bushes in front of the hedge.  So the flow slopes up with the odd larger bush breaking the uniformity of the flow slope. bed -> hedge -> trees

our intent here is to break up the non-wild looking aspect of the hedge (as we can't remove the hedge)

with the rocks we think, because we like rocks (for this example) we go with 1).  incorporate the rocks as a feature.  And we can do this by placing rocks in our garden.  We don't need many to do this, just enough so there is a continuity flow

then using the same flowers, grasses and bushes objects) to join them to each other and the bed by the hedge

that's phase 1

the  main rule of wild gardens is that they first look like wild gardens.  No man-made objects to begin with.  When the rocks and plants are in place, then the next phase 2 is:

where in this garden would the animals be if this was a natural garden? Which area would the rabbits seek ?   Where would the deer go when left to seek it for themselves.  And that's where we put the animals

once the animals are in place, the plants are growing and the rocks are just being rocks, then phase 3)

we come into this natural environment as our human visitor/guest selves.  Without disrupting nature, where can we put our own stuff.  Our picnic blankets, fireplaces, swings, rockers, our sheds, wheelbarrows, etc

Edited by Mollymews
, the
  • Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.