Jump to content

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-


Recommended Posts

Yes, the parcel is certainly owned, as the above post shows.   For some reason the parcel marker (which we use when building) had not been deleted when  the region was cloned.  That was what had the hovertext  about it being owned by LDPW, which it was until Friday.   Anyway, I've removed the parcel marker and double-checked that the land is owned.

Thanks for the report.  I am just so relieved it was nothing complicated!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As promised here is the exterior of my home. This concludes my home tour. I will be keeping this home for awhile. I love how serene it is and love every room in my home in

This thread is dedicated to showing off our homes on the new continent. Please no advertising. Please keep your sight seeing pics for the thread Patch started. This is just for showing off what you've

Here is a sort of walk-through. I remember now that I missed the entrance. First garden pictures, different angles: It is only a narrow strip between my house and the hedge, but I manag

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Yes, the parcel is certainly owned, as the above post shows.   For some reason the parcel marker (which we use when building) had not been deleted when  the region was cloned.  That was what had the hovertext  about it being owned by LDPW, which it was until Friday.   Anyway, I've removed the parcel marker and double-checked that the land is owned.

Thanks for the report.  I am just so relieved it was nothing complicated!

Oh, now here you go being reasonable, and nipping a perfectly good conspiracy mystery in the bud before we even got started working on it! 😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mae Omizu said:

I'm poor. Havent bought anything yet but just wanted to throw something down... So, recycling from my inventory. Just the bedroom so far. God, I hate digging through my inventory.

Snapshot_243.jpg

If you are planning to buy furniture I woud recommend the following:

There is a house (and houseboat-) parade ongoing in the groups - You get a HUD and can TP to a lot of homes that wellcome visitors. Just look at what the others did and when some furniture is to your liking click EDIT then you see who made it and in his profile usually get a link to the MP.

I did that and then put the item into my MP favourite list ... it allready has 8 pages!! *lol* ... Now I can go through that and finally decide what I REALLY like, can use and find worth the price. With the houseboats you have the extra- problem with much open space (like in the older homes) but there are great addons on the MP that solve that. Before you really start decorating you should test all four houseboat types and a few addons.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CynicismSells said:

My summer she-shed

slhome.JPG

 

That's adorable! ❤️

P.S. As irony would have it, your lovely she-shed also underlines the creativeness of some Residents' unswerving ability to answer questions like, What to do with 'ugly brick corner pieces'? 😄

 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

That's adorable! ❤️

P.S. As irony would have it, your lovely she-shed also underlines the creativeness of some Residents' unswerving ability to answer questions like, What to do with 'ugly brick corner pieces'? 😄

 

I still think the brick corners are hideous 😅 and they hinder my fall homestead apple orchard plans. I'll likely vacate the property eventually. Hopefully by fall there will be less shortages :)

 

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

That is SO cute; may I ask where it is from??

It's the boho princess reading nook from DRD. They're having a wicked 50% off sale in-world right now. I snagged their backyard art studio too. You'd probably love the boho backyard bbq pergola set 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Those who want to try for a trailer home should stock up on DRD's Trailer Park stuff.

Most of DRD is too high LI for me, but I am there right now, to buy some 1 LI clutter and decor.

The #tris are a bit out-of-this-world on many objects which sucks but they make such great stuff it feels like a trade off sometimes; live with lag for the detail. ❤️ 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, Morena Tully said:

I am done with redoing everything now I think.. Happy with everything but bedroom, and since that's definitely the least used area in my home *cough* I don't care! So it feels like a place that's me now, and that's all I wanted. Not a showcase fancy thing. 'cause I'm anything but fancy. Now I'll see if I can link from flickr.. Had just been attaching pictures from my computer before.

Frontside, coastal landscape on one side, greenery/garden on the other.. No need to make choices there!

Bellisseria front yard (continental)

and there's a beach over there somewhere (from the back)

Bellisseria back yard

walking through the front door

Bellisseria entrance (continental)

kitchen and dining. I hadn't planned on having  a kitchen, but had no clue what else to do with the extra room that would look ok.

Bellisseria kitchen-dining (continental)

Living room. Again, not really any theme 'cept a Morena theme...

Bellisseria livingroom (continental)

finally a pervy peek through the bedroom window. Added a back wall for a bathroom. That upper room in the continental is so.. tunnel-y. Best to break it up.

Bellisseria bedroom window peep

And I'm done. I hope I didn't put too many pictures.. It's hard to not share!

@Morena Tully Amazing work. I think we're almost neighbours!!! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CailetAmbrai said:

Well, the first rendition of the home is ready, at least until the holidays! I love lots of lush foliage, so much more landscaping! Welcome to Dragonfae Cottage on Diamondtown! Greenery, spot to play D&D, koi pond, and just lots of places to chill and relax! 

 

Dragonfae Cottage

I love this place! Especially the outdoor seating nook and the way you made the large room inside with the roof and coloring ❤️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

I love this place! Especially the outdoor seating nook and the way you made the large room inside with the roof and coloring ❤️

Thank you!!!! Fayded made a killer extension for the Winchester I just love. And I am very eclectic in nature, so I just made the home full of all the things I love to do. Crafting, gaming, reading and lounging, and enjoying some gorgeous views!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I need some help! Below is a picture of my backyard, I am totally blanked out as to what I can do, keep in mind that I only have 41 prims left lol but any and all suggestions are welcomed!

 

backyard_001.png

#SquirrelLife

 

Acorns.jpg

  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, anniepany said:

I need some help! Below is a picture of my backyard, I am totally blanked out as to what I can do, keep in mind that I only have 41 prims left lol but any and all suggestions are welcomed!

 

backyard_001.png

I can think of a few things. Use the corners better.I would find 2 corners and work from them, to the house. In one corner I could have a gazebo.

There are MANY gazebos like this modern (that already match the LH on the base) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HoneyCake-Modern-Gazebo/17379407

or romantic: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gazebo/11750865

Inside the gazebo, there are low LI garden furniture to be found: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Wicker-Set-Tex-Change-PG-Low-Prim-Multipiece/12178526

I always return to this set when the Li start to get low. It has a bit boring colors, but I can select only the pillow textures and tint them blue or green. They take one of those colors well, I think.

String lights in the gazebo. These rez huge, but can be resized. They also come with a default light that is very harsh, and in my opinion, they really need to be edited for a softer light. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anna-Erotica-ONE-Prim-String-Lights/15098655

This paper light strings are more elegant, I think. I have both the string lights over, and these string lights. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/air-string-lights-paper-lanterns-natural-red/7168872

I use carpets or rugs everywhere. And here I would choose a colorful one. That is maximum effect for a low Li cost. I would go to Bazar and get the Paris wine and the flower centerpiece as table decor. Link them = 1 Li. Or bottle candles. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARStockholm-Bottle-Candles/16788255

This climbing ivy is low LI and can be linked. They soften up. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Climbing-Ivy-Pack-Mesh-Full-Perm/8628110

In another corner, a swing maybe. You need a standalone with a frame where the swing can hang. Like this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-White-Bramley-Porch-Swing/6016824

Two trees here, one on each side. And also the swing angled 45 degrees.

Spread flowers out under the swing, and also use flowers around trees in various places. Use large patches of flowers that's 1 Li each. It is many different ones, but these are good: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Fairyflower-Grasses-Resize-Friendly-No-Alpha-Flicker/14326941

Use bright flowers like these sunflowers: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mesh-Sunflower-Cluster/7841048

There are also a very good, big set from Botanical with lots of shapes. One shape can be a bit repetitive. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Botanical-Sunflower-Set/7578512

A decorative bike always look good. Primpossible has a prop, only 1 Li that you can place by the entrance. The wind chime in this pack is also decorative. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PrimPossible-1-Prim-FREEBIE-FAT-PACK/3146348

Or if that bike is too plain, there are more feminine bikes with baskets of flowers. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Sunflowers-Bicycle-Decor/12308085

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Those who want to try for a trailer home should stock up on DRD's Trailer Park stuff.

Most of DRD is too high LI for me, but I am there right now, to buy some 1 LI clutter and decor.

Though at the moment VERY bad connection and only nebook I went there waited endlassly for things to rezz and played the Trailer Gacha machine 6 times ... so I have at least a little deco for a trailer ... just in case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anniepany said:

I need some help! Below is a picture of my backyard, I am totally blanked out as to what I can do, keep in mind that I only have 41 prims left lol but any and all suggestions are welcomed!

 

backyard_001.png

Why not leave it as it is? it looks great! maybe add a few flowers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And I have what @anniepanymight like: This set of mesh plants and planters. I can recommend it. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DO-Mesh-Planter-Pack-NEW/13889160

It fits the traditional look well. I might even buy his spring garden bench, it is almost free. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DO-Spring-Garden-Bench-NEW/8751369

I have so much garden stuff, but this one is so low li, and provides a bench, flower under it, a tree behind it and a little bird. His store is interesting, low li, mod and very affordable stuff. I don't know this guy, but credit where credits due. Maybe his wood textures is a tiny bit under the excellent ones from others, but modify! The textures isn't bad at all. Just me who's spoiled.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can think of a few things. Use the corners better.I would find 2 corners and work from them, to the house. In one corner I could have a gazebo.

There are MANY gazebos like this modern (that already match the LH on the base) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HoneyCake-Modern-Gazebo/17379407

or romantic: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gazebo/11750865

Inside the gazebo, there are low LI garden furniture to be found: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Wicker-Set-Tex-Change-PG-Low-Prim-Multipiece/12178526

I always return to this set when the Li start to get low. It has a bit boring colors, but I can select only the pillow textures and tint them blue or green. They take one of those colors well, I think.

String lights in the gazebo. These rez huge, but can be resized. They also come with a default light that is very harsh, and in my opinion, they really need to be edited for a softer light. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anna-Erotica-ONE-Prim-String-Lights/15098655

This paper light strings are more elegant, I think. I have both the string lights over, and these string lights. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/air-string-lights-paper-lanterns-natural-red/7168872

I use carpets or rugs everywhere. And here I would choose a colorful one. That is maximum effect for a low Li cost. I would go to Bazar and get the Paris wine and the flower centerpiece as table decor. Link them = 1 Li. Or bottle candles. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARStockholm-Bottle-Candles/16788255

This climbing ivy is low LI and can be linked. They soften up. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Climbing-Ivy-Pack-Mesh-Full-Perm/8628110

In another corner, a swing maybe. You need a standalone with a frame where the swing can hang. Like this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-White-Bramley-Porch-Swing/6016824

Two trees here, one on each side. And also the swing angled 45 degrees.

Spread flowers out under the swing, and also use flowers around trees in various places. Use large patches of flowers that's 1 Li each. It is many different ones, but these are good: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Fairyflower-Grasses-Resize-Friendly-No-Alpha-Flicker/14326941

Use bright flowers like these sunflowers: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mesh-Sunflower-Cluster/7841048

There are also a very good, big set from Botanical with lots of shapes. One shape can be a bit repetitive. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Botanical-Sunflower-Set/7578512

A decorative bike always look good. Primpossible has a prop, only 1 Li that you can place by the entrance. The wind chime in this pack is also decorative. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PrimPossible-1-Prim-FREEBIE-FAT-PACK/3146348

Or if that bike is too plain, there are more feminine bikes with baskets of flowers. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Sunflowers-Bicycle-Decor/12308085

I love all your very specific info, suggestions and links.....even though I am not the one who asked the question....I am going to hang to this post for future reference to spiff up my place.  Thanks Marianne.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...