Jump to content
Blush Bravin

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Okay, I think my Windlass is truly reaching its final stages

Ok, I adore the cupcake wallpaper.. 🍰

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malayaa said:

Hi, am feeling very happy with Windlass houseboat, still need to "prim down" a little, learn how to link items properly to reduce impact, and add some clutter :)  for modifications I used part of Blush's Windlass add on, the Monoceros pergola for the Winchester traditional house, FAYDED Sky Deck, psy.flow Nero Inside Skin for Windlass to cover up the navy wall, and Lovelace Resizable Wood Deck with Pool for LH.  And modified the Coastal Sunset environment setting to move the setting sun to the best spot!  Thank you to all the talented creators who are making things for the new Linden Homes and Houseboats...

 

Tranquility Kitchen.png

Tranquility Kitchen Dining.png

 

Ooo, I love what you did with that kitchen area: so adorable. ❤️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Details make the difference I think.

Playing with the Phototools :D

 

details.thumb.jpg.cc815fa8079a0841401e153e75c36319.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The houseboat style that I went with (at least for now) is Barnacle.  I'm still figuring out how I want the downstairs to be laid out, but I did know that I wanted a bathroom and closet in the upstairs bedroom.  I am not a builder and haven't really even done much with prims in forever.  Therefore, dealing with the curve of the back wall and the angled wall just about drove me nuts. Given my limited time inworld over the last 6-8 weeks, this sure felt like it took forever, though I really only started messing with it a couple of weeks ago - which is still a really long time for most of the builders around here.  

Anyway, limited furniture so far, but here is the bedroom with the new wall that gives me a bathroom and walk-in closet.

Barnacle-Bedroom Wall (for bath & closet)Barnacle-Bathroom-1Barnacle-Bathroom-2Barnacle-Walk in Closet-1

 

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I am definitely a country gal outside the house, somehow that "city" thing pops into almost all my interior stylings. The typist has never lived in a city. Maybe it is just a wanderlust thing. I am hoping (and expecting) that somewhere down the line we will get some modern urban minimalist homes.  We'll see.

 

A cat's eye view.

1430557724_cityseaside.thumb.jpg.2e6f0a7d35bb58a654c5ab4079b1f890.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whomever abandoned the house before I got it left their spiders behind. (I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.)

09609-0691c741-54d1-43b4-b3a3-594fe5e283e4.png

09609-b56c9c0e-969a-4921-8848-e4bf197864b5.png

09609-2aa25a8e-fd4a-4cdc-9d0d-4547ce78e301.png

09604-6e42a474-1217-41d2-ab68-ec149b6450bb.png

09609-90ac71b0-d589-4eab-b014-ef7a85460f4a.png

  • Like 21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

While I am definitely a country gal outside the house, somehow that "city" thing pops into almost all my interior stylings. The typist has never lived in a city. Maybe it is just a wanderlust thing. I am hoping (and expecting) that somewhere down the line we will get some modern urban minimalist homes.  We'll see.

I'd love to see this myself. As a (former) city dweller, I have a strange fondness for concrete structures. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Whomever abandoned the house before I got it left their spiders behind. (I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.)

09609-0691c741-54d1-43b4-b3a3-594fe5e283e4.png

 

09609-2aa25a8e-fd4a-4cdc-9d0d-4547ce78e301.png

09604-6e42a474-1217-41d2-ab68-ec149b6450bb.png

09609-90ac71b0-d589-4eab-b014-ef7a85460f4a.png

 

I love the beautiful dim atmosphere you created there! ❤️ Very classy! And, your protestations despite, you really are quite the photographer!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if there's enough "Transylvanians"  left to support this, but a  quiet spooky wood w/ a touch of dark fantasy.... that'd be  just fine :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Whomever abandoned the house before I got it left their spiders behind. (I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.)

09609-0691c741-54d1-43b4-b3a3-594fe5e283e4.png

09609-b56c9c0e-969a-4921-8848-e4bf197864b5.png

09609-2aa25a8e-fd4a-4cdc-9d0d-4547ce78e301.png

09604-6e42a474-1217-41d2-ab68-ec149b6450bb.png

09609-90ac71b0-d589-4eab-b014-ef7a85460f4a.png

I LOVE what you have done, even the porch and fencing... 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Is this where the random ghosties we keep seeing go to sleep at night?

I've offered it for their use, but haven't seen any come round yet! (Or maybe they park when I'm in bed?)

Edited by Hendrix Portal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

I don't know if there's enough "Transylvanians"  left to support this, but a  quiet spooky wood w/ a touch of dark fantasy.... that'd be  just fine :)

Just put Rocky Horror on a screen somewhere, you'll find them.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Remember how I said that wardrobe dresser I recently placed against the entrance wall was 'tentative'? Why, 'tentative', as you might have guessed, is just Kira for "It's on its way out." 😋 I simply replaced it with a more artsy 'people' scene, and some fancy projector light to match, with a bathrobe hanger on the flip-side of it:

 

kira_1.thumb.jpg.75e50a67fda336c23eafa9e3deea1c17.jpg

 

Problem really is, that, due to the windlight I chose, that particular area has always been a bit too dark; so it could use an infusion of light. :) And here it is from the entrance side:

 

kira_3.thumb.jpg.07bbe5c0c6530c56b24802402feb5e9f.jpg

 

That wall is still a bit too dark, but it's difficult to put a point-light nearby that doesn't make it fugly.

P.S. Keep posting your awesomeness, ppl! Feels like this thread is slowing down a mite.

Edited by kiramanell
And if only I could type properly
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Remember how I said that wardrobe dresser I recently placed against the entrance wall was 'tentative'? Why, 'tentative', as you might have guessed, is just Kira for "It's on its way out." 😋 I simply replaced it with a more artsy 'people' scene, and some fancy projector light to match, with a bathrobe hanger on the flip-side of it:

 

kira_1.thumb.jpg.75e50a67fda336c23eafa9e3deea1c17.jpg

 

Problem really is, that, due to the windlight I chose, that particular area has always been a bit too dark; so it could use an infusion of light. :) And here it is from the entrance side:

 

kira_3.thumb.jpg.07bbe5c0c6530c56b24802402feb5e9f.jpg

 

That wall is still a bit too dark, but it's difficult to put a point-light nearby that doesn't make it fugly.

P.S. Keep posting your awesomeness, ppl! Feels like this thread is slowing down a mite.

I love it 😍 I haven't used projections yet, but now I really want to experiment with them.  That really looks impressive :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

I love it 😍 I haven't used projections yet, but now I really want to experiment with them.  That really looks impressive :)

 

Thanks. ❤️

Projector lights are really easy. Just select an image to be projected (in the light properties), and you're good to go. :) Keep in mind, though, that projector light always appears on face 0. So, when you rez a standard box, the projector light will be facing down.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently planning out ideas for my new place, I'm considering using E-Masking and projectors to create reflections in my mirrors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, 

Here are pics from my boathouse which mostly has an Asian-minimalist styling. This is my first ever attempt to decorate a virtual home lol.

Disclaimer: I mainly got a boathouse to create a cosy mer (underwater) spot but ended up decorating the mainhouse too 😆

1. Ze Boathouse!

1840673127_2AndieBoathouseFronts-min.png.4e285dc06460668130d562a095a73127.png

2. The Underwater spot - with playable harp to set the mood 😉

371816207_1AndieBoathouseMerCoves-min.png.0bb1a13874c71a41301f6b3fae87c531.png 

3. Boathouse porch viewing inside

962582222_3AndieBoathouseDoors-min.png.3923e20742de2f2578d7685624005ca4.png

4. Boathouse from the inside (far end)524486370_4AndieBoathouseLounges-min.png.3a484b9a1da1102e30a5b1363b7fae49.png

5. Boathouse dinning area

1500716976_5AndieBoathouseDinnings-min.png.fd0a36ce14979c6f9e2f33a3f2b4718f.png

6. Boathouse bedroom/bathroom and view outside

1553101152_6AndieBoathouseBedrooms-min.png.7c61a5242386a38bdac894378dcc0a16.png

My house is also a part of the Bellisseria Parade of Homes. So if you have their HUD you can TP here to check it yourself 😁

Edited by Andie Aurotharius
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things I'm not fond of with any of the new styles is the lack of windows compared to the Meadowbrook homes - I love tall windows and lots of views:) I couldn't find any faux windows on the MP that I liked so I ended up making a couple of my own:

In the shot below it's the one on the right - I put a blind over it to make it a bit more nicer. Of course, the perspective is not correct when looked at from different positions in the room (2nd pic), but with the blind it's not so bad. Makes me happy anyway:). I added a window too in the top wall of my boat (Wallower, I added the wall) so I've got a nice little sea view when I walk past rather than just the view of the side of the houseboat behind...

 

Wallower_window_2_002.png

Wallower_window_3_001.png

Wallower_window_1_001.png

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andie Aurotharius said:

Hi guys, 

Here are pics from my boathouse which mostly has an Asian-minimalist styling. This is my first ever attempt to decorate a virtual home lol.

Disclaimer: I mainly got a boathouse to create a cosy mer (underwater) spot but ended up decorating the mainhouse too 😆

1. Ze Boathouse!

1840673127_2AndieBoathouseFronts-min.png.4e285dc06460668130d562a095a73127.png

2. The Underwater spot - with playable harp to set the mood 😉

371816207_1AndieBoathouseMerCoves-min.png.0bb1a13874c71a41301f6b3fae87c531.png 

3. Boathouse porch viewing inside

962582222_3AndieBoathouseDoors-min.png.3923e20742de2f2578d7685624005ca4.png

4. Boathouse from the inside (far end)524486370_4AndieBoathouseLounges-min.png.3a484b9a1da1102e30a5b1363b7fae49.png

5. Boathouse dinning area

1500716976_5AndieBoathouseDinnings-min.png.fd0a36ce14979c6f9e2f33a3f2b4718f.png

6. Boathouse bedroom/bathroom and view outside

1553101152_6AndieBoathouseBedrooms-min.png.7c61a5242386a38bdac894378dcc0a16.png

My house is also a part of the Bellisseria Parade of Homes. So if you have their HUD you can TP here to check it yourself 😁

 

I love what you did with the place! ❤️ The underwater stuff is magnificently bright and colorful. And for someone who says not to have given the interior a lot of prioriy, LOL, you did very well there too! It's super-cozy; and I love how you put that bathroom sink on a heightened plateau. It's really always a thrill to watch a home you're supposed to know (like the Windlass, LOL), and then needing a few seconds to recognize it: it shows the creativity of the designer. :) 

P.S. Where did you get those adorable clothing racks, if I may ask? They look similar to the ones I have, but different nonetheless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

One of the things I'm not fond of with any of the new styles is the lack of windows compared to the Meadowbrook homes - I love tall windows and lots of views:) I couldn't find any faux windows on the MP that I liked so I ended up making a couple of my own:

In the shot below it's the one on the right - I put a blind over it to make it a bit more nicer. Of course, the perspective is not correct when looked at from different positions in the room (2nd pic), but with the blind it's not so bad. Makes me happy anyway:). I added a window too in the top wall of my boat (Wallower, I added the wall) so I've got a nice little sea view when I walk past rather than just the view of the side of the houseboat behind...

 

Wallower_window_2_002.png

Wallower_window_3_001.png

Wallower_window_1_001.png

 

A simple concept, but lovely done. :) (I take it it isn't ready yet, right?)

Your blinds, btw, really underline a proposal I made earlier: a way to hide the default blinds. Like making each blind-script do a tri-state: up, down, and invisible (instead of just up and down). Because sometimes you really want to put in your own blinds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

One of the things I'm not fond of with any of the new styles is the lack of windows ...

 

Couldn't agree more. I love bringing the outdoors in so the lack of windows in the traditional homes is my only frustration. I really believe in the end the reason I like the Alderley better than any of the other homes is because it has a higher window to wall ratio than the other homes. It's also why I build wrap-around porches so that I could be "inside" with open views to the outdoors. So, I'm really hoping they make homes with much larger and more numerous windows in the upcoming themes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't quite happy with my sauna in the houseboat upper deck. So I deleted it and made new one down by the seawater pool. Windows on all sides to make more spacious feeling. I like the view to the pool from inside the sauna.

2019-06-10_Sauna-1.thumb.jpg.c29026c7b29368423ba070594d2b8e50.jpg

2019-06-10_Sauna-2.thumb.jpg.2bcee9fb7cc817386e72ae8dd95b6aeb.jpg

2019-06-10_Sauna-3.thumb.jpg.0f4dbca142f3185ea668a62765d2ed3f.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...