Jump to content
Blush Bravin

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ok so I've been slowly working on my alts houseboat all week. Passing goodies to her from my inventory and allowing her a bit of shopping too. Spent a lot of time this weekend and most of it is livable now although I'm not happy with the lounge chairs I rezzed out on the upper deck, so I'll swap those and I still need to work on the lower deck but the inside is pretty much done other needing some art on the walls and small tweaks here and there. Oh and I still need to rez out furniture on the lower deck and some plants inside and out - I have 100 prims left so I'll have to be cautious how those get used. I'm trying hard to save some to use for a small boat.

I picked up a couple of add-ons; one was Faye Blackheart's  Windlass Sky Deck to add stairs and railings to the upper deck and the other Blush's Add-On mod  that I ripped apart so I could use the parts I needed and/or re-texture as I wanted. I wound up not using the small room it came with because I built a bathroom off the back area (all by myself!) similar to one done by Cougar (thank you for the inspiration) who fyi did it much better but mine is passable 😋 for someone with low building skills.  I managed to get a couple of the darker walls of the build retextured by building them out on my own and using a ship lap texture I already had on hand.  

Anyway here's some shots I took earlier as of today.

Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Downstairs View (Modified)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Kitchen (Modified)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - BedroomLuna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Bathroom (Added)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Bedroom, Looking towards Entry and Living Room (Modified)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Dining Area (Add-On, Modified, In-Progress)Sunset in Isthill, Bellisseria - Second Life

 

 

 

Girl! That is one phenominal home you built there for yourself. ❤️ I was drawn by the last image in the post (as I was scrolling up, from the last post); then I saw the rest of your home. What can I say, but Wow!? So beautiful. Exceptionally talented. And the cat; I love the cat. :) This may very well the best built I've come across here.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have struggled so hard with Windlass, I wanted the big windows. But nothing I came up with worked. My creativity was zero. After seeing @Elora Lunaseas post, I think I can try another round with Windlass. The small room under the stairs wasn't working for a bath for me either... but this kitchen looks nice. Hmmm.

The other thread gave me an idea for a half wall too. I love these threads.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

 

Girl! That is one phenominal home you built there for yourself. ❤️ I was drawn by the last image in the post (as I was scrolling up, from the last post); then I saw the rest of your home. What can I say, but Wow!? So beautiful. Exceptionally talented. And the cat; I love the cat. :) This may very well the best built I've come across here.

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me as  really struggled with it. Like REALLY.

I rezzed all the houses and derezzed each one. Played with the Windlass, discarded it, went to the Barnacle and wasn't happy with it either. Back to the Windlass and committed to making it work. I can't tell you how many kitchens I tried. I think I own every one every made LOL. In the end used a very simple one by Tuti, which is no longer available (in fact the creator seems to have left SL). No animations but this isn't a role play home so it really wasn't needed. Once I had that area figured out the rest of it was made easier - that nook IS difficult to work with. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me as  really struggled with it. Like REALLY.

I rezzed all the houses and derezzed each one. Played with the Windlass, discarded it, went to the Barnacle and wasn't happy with it either. Back to the Windlass and committed to making it work. I can't tell you how many kitchens I tried. I think I own every one every made LOL. In the end used a very simple one by Tuti, which is no longer available (in fact the creator seems to have left SL). No animations but this isn't a role play home so it really wasn't needed. Once I had that area figured out the rest of it was made easier - that nook IS difficult to work with. 

 

 

Well, your hard work certainly paid off. :) It's so incredibly cosy, and warm, with beautiful lighting to boot. And that insanely gorgeous pastel theme. It's one of those places where you think "I could die here, and be totally happy." Honestly, when it comes to decorating, I tend to think (or used to, at least) I'm not half-bad myself; but your creation totally blows me out of the water (see? boats puns never grow old *g*). At this point, honestly, I'm almost glad I don't have houseboat yet, as I would feel pretty embarrassed moving in, having nothing to show for. 😉 Honestly, you did exceedingly well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw it inworld, the house below has a Norwegian flag. Very nice work. How many LI? I Guess it has some. If I buy it, I think I can take off the screen walls and have just the roof?

I have no idea how many LI is will end up having at this point. I always begin my builds with a complete prim build and then start meshing the pieces. So I am as surprised as anyone else by the time I get to the end and see what the LI ends up being. I'll message you in-world about the wall question.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ok so I've been slowly working on my alts houseboat all week. Passing goodies to her from my inventory and allowing her a bit of shopping too. Spent a lot of time this weekend and most of it is livable now although I'm not happy with the lounge chairs I rezzed out on the upper deck, so I'll swap those and I still need to work on the lower deck but the inside is pretty much done other needing some art on the walls and small tweaks here and there. Oh and I still need to rez out furniture on the lower deck and some plants inside and out - I have 100 prims left so I'll have to be cautious how those get used. I'm trying hard to save some to use for a small boat.

... and the other Blush's Add-On mod  that I ripped apart so I could use the parts I needed and/or re-texture as I wanted. I wound up not using the small room it came with because I built a bathroom off the back area (all by myself!) ...

 

Your home looks great! I especially like how you did a build out to change those walls that don't change. And your bathroom is gorgeous. I really love how you took my add-on and modded it fit your needs. It's such an inspiration to see how people take my idea and make it even better by changing it. Great job!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 10:37 AM, WillowTenage said:

Now everything fits a lot better :)

Beautiful!!  I learn such valuable things in these Forums and I love seeing the results when others enjoy doing so too!  You are so nice and helpful to everyone ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The itch to try something new has started, so I thought that I'd better get pictures up today LOL

Nook (No, I don't know  why light is shining under the wall there. There's no window or door being blocked. ) :

1125427205_WL52019Nook.thumb.jpg.a34dbfe23f2a8400ac05228131b7d25c.jpg

The kitchen and breakfast bar:

2088626268_WL52019Galley.thumb.jpg.8a0af75f41ccb74dac5509625f18676a.jpg

 

Living room (I noticed as I was converting to jpeg that a possible spoiler for a certain show last night was on the TV, the star is to block it.. even tho, imho, it was the coolest shot of the entire series!) :

1750779386_WL52019LRSpoilerremoved.thumb.jpg.8b5cc08bb865e9f500b0cac2b58cbedd.jpg

 

Upper, Mid and Lower decks outside:

1952365173_WL52019AlldecksandDiving.thumb.jpg.eb8b533ce1b2110ea9723af402d4150d.jpg

 

Now... to think up new ideas for my next renovation!

376093599_WL52019SwimDeck.thumb.jpg.1ec362168338cacb9aa51562e28e06fe.jpg

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

There is my yard, everything in it is mod/copy and set to a rezzer, so at the touch of a button.. I can change homes, and not have to move a thing :)  So now, I have a multitude of houses I can decorate, whenever the desire strikes.. and it only takes a few seconds to do.  Having multiple houses on one parcel, is really awesome!

 

I think this may be my next project 😍

I'm loving that idea so much I may have to borrow it, which rez system are you using please?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE seeing all the pictures & creative ideas everyone is coming up with for their homes. I still have not decorated mine (aside from a bed and a couple things lol). All the beautiful pictures shared here are definitely helping me come up with some ideas (& I haven't even made it thru all the pics set lol), and I definitely plan on spending some down time checking out the Open Houses. Everyone's doing such an amazing job! Keep up the great work & Thank You for sharing your homes!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 11:55 AM, Blush Bravin said:

Day two! Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait. My poor arthritic hands just can't take it anymore. :( 

176280445_day2_001.thumb.png.6211c65493856688b8fae6db0731f966.png

 

 

Sigh >< Stop doing this to me lol.  Now I want to change my house so I can use this porch.  Gahhhh

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

The itch to try something new has started, so I thought that I'd better get pictures up today LOL

Nook (No, I don't know  why light is shining under the wall there. There's no window or door being blocked. ) :

1125427205_WL52019Nook.thumb.jpg.a34dbfe23f2a8400ac05228131b7d25c.jpg

 

 

^^ Awww, that nook is just incredibly cute! ❤️

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Added gable decoration further breaking up that vertical line.

c20e4f79793fde186e3a68091ed9d3fa.jpg

OK, now you can just stop it right there.  I *just* finished re-doing my house from your last add-on escapade!  lol

Seriously - I hated this house in raw form but this looks fantastic.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Sigh >< Stop doing this to me lol.  Now I want to change my house so I can use this porch.  Gahhhh

If it's any comfort, Tara, you're not alone.  She is out to get us.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

If it's any comfort, Tara, you're not alone.  She is out to get us.

 

She does it to me too!  New add-on comes  out and I have to decorate another house.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am loving the Adams house more and more. Initially I had set it up with the bedroom and bath to the right, using the larger space. The problem with that is that the bedroom becomes a thoroughfare to get to the back door.  It bugged me, but I was willing to live with it, until Blush came out with a new add-on that I had to have.  So I shuffled everything around, and of course my in-line 2 prim kitchen was not cutting it, so I had to get a new one.  A bit of modding and playing with prim counts and I ended up OK, with 5 LI to spare.

The pictures were a bit challenging here, as there might be a thing or two that are best not shown in pics here in this forum  ;)

Outside first, then a follow-on with the interior shots5948130_Shot1_001.thumb.png.129c23c644823d166ec453c6b9230880.png1047441925_Shot1_002.thumb.png.02131fda7ebf851b4d01df45744b0c5b.png150668626_Shot1_003.thumb.png.c1d66bce2e3c9640b39a9ac285238e53.png297520756_Shot1_004.thumb.png.56027c36dca6c34810de759b3c73eb64.png

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving inside, the living room benefits from a touch of color with the add-on wall and wallpaper. The bedroom is ...  cozy.  Sounds better than "small"

The new kitchen is a great fit with a good bit of removal of parts, but credit to the maker, it still looks great even stripped down.

I had extra space after adding the dining area, and I filled that with a hobby/art area. I was very tight on prim by then, so it's sparse. Maybe I get extra points though for the painting on the easel being my own work  :) 1375465148_Shot1_005.thumb.png.2863604cf52f2f2dac8733e727e22e2a.png1779161209_Shot1_006.png.ffa82bfa4a27c444e8a082742bce693f.png1995648369_Shot1_009.thumb.png.fa7862e999510e3d7a74386aebc291c8.png378584142_Shot1_010.thumb.png.2ae02a66b86fc42774e9afc11a1f5628.png1241452272_Shot1_011.thumb.png.888367878b57647eef8c2452c5707d83.png

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still in my Winchester house, because I must learn to use a rez box. I like what I made out of it, and would love to pack it. Sigh. How to find time when all I do is traveling and shopping?

The TV unit/wall on the right was found like this, using the camera and inspecting. Since I had only 3 LI free on my land, I had to remove something. I removed two armchairs and replaced them with one, that is only 2 LI. I saved 5 li on that. I took away some things, but then added some other things.... I really like the lamp, and the accent wall makes the room warmer. I have had this pack of textures since 2010, and I return to it again and again. I have 8 free LI now, and I am itching to put in more.

The larger room in LH Winchester

 

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

I am loving the Adams house more and more. Initially I had set it up with the bedroom and bath to the right, using the larger space. The problem with that is that the bedroom becomes a thoroughfare to get to the back door.  It bugged me, but I was willing to live with it, until Blush came out with a new add-on that I had to have.  So I shuffled everything around, and of course my in-line 2 prim kitchen was not cutting it, so I had to get a new one.  A bit of modding and playing with prim counts and I ended up OK, with 5 LI to spare.

The pictures were a bit challenging here, as there might be a thing or two that are best not shown in pics here in this forum  ;)

Outside first, then a follow-on with the interior shots5948130_Shot1_001.thumb.png.129c23c644823d166ec453c6b9230880.png1047441925_Shot1_002.thumb.png.02131fda7ebf851b4d01df45744b0c5b.png150668626_Shot1_003.thumb.png.c1d66bce2e3c9640b39a9ac285238e53.png297520756_Shot1_004.thumb.png.56027c36dca6c34810de759b3c73eb64.png

I have garden envy, I really, really love what you made. I like my garden, but I think yours is LOVELY.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marianne Little said:

I have garden envy, I really, really love what you made. I like my garden, but I think yours is LOVELY.

Thank you!

It has evolved into something I really enjoy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have garden envy, I really, really love what you made. I like my garden, but I think yours is LOVELY.

I agree. Great job on this. Really wonderful landscaping job!

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I need help and suggestions.

I picked Windlass and will use it because of the big windows and sliding doors.

I decided to not have the bath blocking one of the big windows. I am happy with the bath cube I built. (green walls) I am also liking the halfwalls because I prefer them instead of railings or flower boxes (for now).

I can't figure out what to do with the kitchen. I dislike a super long kitchen, even if it fits under the windows. Should I copy Elora and put the kitchen under the stairs? I do not want the bed in front of the large windows and sliding doors. Should I have a large live-in kitchen on the raised floor? How to make the bed cozy where I have the kitchen now? I am so lost.

Edit: Should I keep the bed where it is, and have a sitting area under the windows where the kitchen is now? Maybe a writing desk too?

 

 

 

Windlass help_001.jpg

Windlass help_002.jpg

Windlass help_003.jpg

Windlass help_004.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
I try to get bigger pictures
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am still in my Winchester house, because I must learn to use a rez box.

Casper makes a really easy to use and free rezzer. It's the one I use for my add-ons and cottages. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Casper makes a really easy to use and free rezzer. It's the one I use for my add-ons and cottages. 

 I have to pick one of those up, I've played with putting things in my holodeck, but I never went very far with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...