-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I changed the front garden to a fountain instead of the rectangular stone edged garden bed. I used a pond form Landscaping by Felis's mesh backyard garden and 1 prim fountain from AnnaAliciaAnderson. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anna-Erotica-ONE-Prim-Fountain/19978530

Select faces and turn them transparent, and take off glow, so only the water is visible. And resize it a lot smaller... Even if it is one mesh piece, several faces makes it possible to do so. The textures is also plain ones, any seamless texture (Like those in the content pack) can be used. That is if you want to keep the square modern fountain visible and only play around with textures.

Fountain front Newbrooke

And the previous version here:

Bradbury - Newbrooke front yard

I like both.

And it did not add to the land impact. I have 14 li left. That feels like a lot. I have put in a rug, a chandelier and a little more too, because I had 18 li the last time I posted.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 13

On 3/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, Marianne Little said:

And finally, the bedroom.

It is not as modern as I wanted it to be, it is more cozy. I still have 8-10 Li left, and that after I rezzed 2 Li water in the bath tub***. The wardrobe is windows/sliding doors I linked off a Roost house, and I also linked off the outdoor light to use, because it was so low li that I could link 2 and get 1 li out of them. The house is Palm View in case you have it and will try.

And now the Li saving part. I took a screenshot of the Bazar wardrobe and placed it behind the doors. A flat picture on a prim is so obvious, but unless you know it is a picture there, is it easy to think it is a real closet with 3D clothes.

I textured two doors with wood veneer from the same pack that I got the ceiling wood from. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AC-Seamless-Hardwood-Surface-V1-Texture-Pack/22924982

The carpet in the Tv room and bedroom is from this pack: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/32-Berber-Modern-Carpet-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6319132

*** Edit, wow, I have 18 Li left. That's double of what I thought. I can have more plants. 😄

Bedroom in Bradbury house - Bellisseria

Bedroom in Bradbury house - Bellisseria

love what you did here.. where did u get the closet? it looks like you mixed it wit bazar ?

Just now, CandyxHaven said:

love what you did here.. where did u get the closet? it looks like you mixed it wit bazar ?

Yes, it is Bazar, this:

~BAZAR~Sidney closet

It is great because it is has also a version with white clothes that can be tinted, so I don't have to use the primary colors. I set up the "real" 3D closet here:

Bedroom Bellisseria Newbrooke - Denver

and I am only using a picture of it in the bigger Bradbury house, because I need more Li in it. With the sliding doors closed, it looks even more convincing. I know it is only a flat texture and people can see it if they really look at it. But saving li is saving li...

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, it is Bazar, this:

~BAZAR~Sidney closet

It is great because it is has also a version with white clothes that can be tinted, so I don't have to use the primary colors. I set up the "real" 3D closet here:

Bedroom Bellisseria Newbrooke - Denver

and I am only using a picture of it in the bigger Bradbury house, because I need more Li in it. With the sliding doors closed, it looks even more convincing. I know it is only a flat texture and people can see it if they really look at it. But saving li is saving li...

awesome. love your work.. but the bazar closet comes wit those sliding doors i saw on the picture?? i didnt think they did.. i do love how you inspire with ur creativeness .. :)

47 minutes ago, CandyxHaven said:

awesome. love your work.. but the bazar closet comes wit those sliding doors i saw on the picture?? i didnt think they did.. i do love how you inspire with ur creativeness .. :)

No, I picked them of a Roost house, so it will be darn expensive to buy the house for that! They are not from a closet, but sliding doors/windows. I textured 2 with wood. I am a scavenger.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ROOST-Palm-View-House/9811902

I have lived in this house a lot, maybe it is my favorite one. I only set up other houses when I need a change. I will soon buy the last house from Roost, and it can be my new favorite.

• Like 3

Continuing from my previous post, I finally decorated my last room 🥰  I decided to give it to my kittycat, she can get expensive though.  I spent more on her room that the rest of the house.

cat1.png.571615ac21f7bb696bff53e001ad1575.png

cat2.png.c316a91f4c61959621d257dd9d50443c.png

She even has her own little bed that I set to her home so she will sleep there.  I also bought extras so she will jump on the furniture and hang out.  I'm saving space near one wall, to hopefully put a cat bowls if we get a new kittycat for SLB this year.  I'll eventually find some low LI toys I can spread around the floor as well as some cat posters to decorate the room with.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

I have one of the Stilt homes and I wanted to add like a little sandy beach that doesn't have a lot of LI.  Does anyone have a suggestion on where to shop that has really good texture?

We can ask what @Coby Fodenused here:

I am quite sure that she put it together of different parts. And that the texture is from a Content pack. The Moles has started to include Bellisseria ground textures, including the sand one.

I have textured different mesh shape I got my hands on. Like soil ones from Simply Shelby or Reid Parkin. The last one has much cheap or free in his inworld store if you try to click on soil. I have also used snow drifts and piles, all re-textured with sand or other ground textures.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2022 at 8:26 PM, EnchantrixLisa said:

I have one of the Stilt homes and I wanted to add like a little sandy beach that doesn't have a lot of LI. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:45 AM, Marianne Little said:

The Moles has started to include Bellisseria ground textures, including the sand one.

The sand texture used on Stilt terrain is "Beach Sand" in your library. This is also used in sandy Trad and Houseboat regions, so one could reasonably assume it's used throughout Belli.  You can easily check region terrains by clicking on the tiles in the terrain tab of Region Details (under the World menu).

• Like 3

On 3/25/2022 at 4:27 AM, sailorcipher said:

Rapid Home Movement is a serious problem affecting many SL residents. Look for the telltale signs - as soon as you finish decorating, do you immediately start thinking about what you could do with a different theme? Have you become an expert on counting abandonment refreshes? Do you have a Linden Home, a rented home, and multiple skyboxes? Help is available.

Anyways, on an obviously totally unrelated note, my new Log Home backyard's looking nice...

Yes 🤣     If I had more disposable income - I'd have all of the above!!!   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

The sand texture used on Stilt terrain is "Beach Sand" in your library. This is also used in sandy Trad and Houseboat regions, so one could reasonably assume it's used throughout Belli.  You can easily check region terrains by clicking on the tiles in the terrain tab of Region Details (under the World menu).

Hi!  Thank you for responding. I forgot about the packet they give us for the homes, etc.  I will grab it and see what else I can use. :) 

• Like 1

So here is my second decor set for the Newbrooke. This one is the Coniston, which I think is the smallest of the 1024's? I'm amazed at how big the houses have gotten since the days of the traditionals, where then largest model (the Winchester) had basically three rooms, and no area that was easily made into a bathroom. The size of the Newbrookes leads to decorating challenges after the main pieces are put into place.This build is a bit sparse but that was in keeping with the style. I had a lot of darker pieces in the first build, so this time around I went very light (except for a few black pieces in the kitchen). I left all the walls and interior woodwork white and chose a light floor. 

Here is the outside back. I didn't do anything in the front this time, because I ran out of LI. No hot tub, but I have both a pool and a koi pond.

image.thumb.png.af56f7e5e4d27f860660acba13de9e1e.png

image.thumb.png.345cd415d04048dfb1db9be80cdea26f.png

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 13

On 3/30/2022 at 6:26 AM, EnchantrixLisa said:

I have one of the Stilt homes and I wanted to add like a little sandy beach that doesn't have a lot of LI.  Does anyone have a suggestion on where to shop that has really good texture?

On 3/30/2022 at 5:45 PM, Marianne Little said:

I am quite sure that she put it together of different parts. And that the texture is from a Content pack. The Moles has started to include Bellisseria ground textures, including the sand one.

I made my sand island with two prim half spheres. The top one is fairly flat, and the bottom one is deeper so that it reaches the sea bottom. The top half sphere has its flat side facing downwards, and the bottom half sphere has its flat side facing upwards. Then I positioned the half spheres so that their flat faces are touching each other. Texturing: for the upper sphere I used simple sand texture, and for the bottom sphere I used rock texture. The island is very simple, easy to make construction, but it still serves quite well its purpose.

Many people use just one half sphere floating on the water. I wanted a bit more realism, so I made the bottom half sphere too - to support the top half sphere.

Now I have moved to different stilt house location. I put there the same small sand island what I had in the previous location. And I added bigger sand beach too - again made with two half spheres. I have added some rocks to the shoreline too.

Please feel free to have a look if you're interested to see the island construction. And while you're there have a look all around too.
Landmark: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Boomer Shoal/233/223/21  The landmark leads to the small island on the right in the picture.
(The parcel is owned by alt Wenly, which is the one who changes houses often.)

2022-04-01_Wenlys-Stilt2.thumb.jpg.5383e78b24d19c6fe0db2b0da57e35ff.jpg

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I made my sand island with two prim half spheres. The top one is fairly flat, and the bottom one is deeper so that it reaches the sea bottom. The top half sphere has its flat side facing downwards, and the bottom half sphere has its flat side facing upwards. Then I positioned the half spheres so that their flat faces are touching each other. Texturing: for the upper sphere I used simple sand texture, and for the bottom sphere I used rock texture. The island is very simple, easy to make construction, but it still serves quite well its purpose.

Many people use just one half sphere floating on the water. I wanted a bit more realism, so I made the bottom half sphere too - to support the top half sphere.

Now I have moved to different stilt house location. I put there the same small sand island what I had in the previous location. And I added bigger sand beach too - again made with two half spheres. I have added some rocks to the shoreline too.

Please feel free to have a look if you're interested to see the island construction. And while you're there have a look all around too.
Landmark: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Boomer Shoal/233/223/21  The landmark leads to the small island on the right in the picture.
(The parcel is owned by alt Wenly, which is the one who changes houses often.)

2022-04-01_Wenlys-Stilt2.thumb.jpg.5383e78b24d19c6fe0db2b0da57e35ff.jpg

Hi @Coby Foden Thank you for replying! I just logged out from SL but I will be back on later tonight and I will TP over and have a look.  Thank you for extending the offer. :) 

• Like 4

Love how this turned out so wanted to share and if you like something you can find credits on my blog here . I used the Bradbury from the Newbrook theme here and a friend made me these glass doors to close off the entry so they are not for sale but you could probably find some similar ones if you take apart one of the ONSU builds.

.Reconnaissant.

• Like 15

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.