-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And finally, the bedroom.

It is not as modern as I wanted it to be, it is more cozy. I still have 8-10 Li left, and that after I rezzed 2 Li water in the bath tub***. The wardrobe is windows/sliding doors I linked off a Roost house, and I also linked off the outdoor light to use, because it was so low li that I could link 2 and get 1 li out of them. The house is Palm View in case you have it and will try.

And now the Li saving part. I took a screenshot of the Bazar wardrobe and placed it behind the doors. A flat picture on a prim is so obvious, but unless you know it is a picture there, is it easy to think it is a real closet with 3D clothes.

I textured two doors with wood veneer from the same pack that I got the ceiling wood from. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AC-Seamless-Hardwood-Surface-V1-Texture-Pack/22924982

The carpet in the Tv room and bedroom is from this pack: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/32-Berber-Modern-Carpet-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6319132

*** Edit, wow, I have 18 Li left. That's double of what I thought. I can have more plants. 😄

Bedroom in Bradbury house - Bellisseria

Bedroom in Bradbury house - Bellisseria

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 21

I almost forgot the bathroom. I made it in prims and exported it as collada, and joined it all in Blender. It is 2 Li uploaded including the shower walls.

This is the room with 3 windows. I covered two. The third has false closed blinds on the outside, and the inside is transparent because I do not like the blinds included with the house.

Bellisseria - Bath Bradbury house

• Like 21

This is how I cover windows with my selfmade blinds. The closed window example to the left and the open blinds for the living room windows. I like it because I can adjust how I want it. 100% covered on the outside, 100% open on the inside, or open blinds inside, or open blinds on both sides... The linden blinds is only 100% closed on inside and outside.

The lamps is also those I linked off the Palm View house from Roost. The bench is Jian Town Bench, 2 Li.

outside newbrooke_001ed.png

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

@Marianne Little-- are you really getting rid of all your premium accounts? You've been such a creative inspiration to those of us on the Linden Homes forum...your decor tips will really be missed!

Aw, thanks. Yes, I am a bit tired of 351 Li. I am using the premium money to rent. I am back if it's a new theme I like and also if the Premium Plus is good.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

@Marianne Little-- are you really getting rid of all your premium accounts? You've been such a creative inspiration to those of us on the Linden Homes forum...your decor tips will really be missed!

^   This !      @Marianne Little

Your decorating skills are amazing!   Love looking at your pictures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, Marianne Little said:

I took inspiration from this thread to change the garden. I built the pool surround around a DO Design pool. Cheap and low Li. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DO-Deluxe-Pool-Adult-Bento-2LI-PROMO/17039403

In the living room is a partition fireplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NewBrooke-Partition-Fireplace-3li/23370319

I have edited it a lot. Brick texture from Jubran, the flames is from a Trompe Loeil house I picked apart, the rocks from a TA Arts firplace. So the Li increased a little bit.

Edit to add: I was asked where the outdoor loungers are from earlier. I can't edit in the name in that post, but they are: Loft & Aria - Daisha Lounger And Ottoman.

Living room Newbrooke - Bradbury

Pool, Newbrooke - Bradbury

Pool, Newbrooke - Bradbury

Where is this black floor texture from? I love it!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, measmia said:

Where is this black floor texture from? I love it!

The pack was so expensive and has too many textures, I wanted only some of the dark ones... But I wanted it because it looks so real. So I bought it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/44-Polished-Granite-Floor-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6162712

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The pack was so expensive and has too many textures, I wanted only some of the dark ones... But I wanted it because it looks so real. So I bought it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/44-Polished-Granite-Floor-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6162712

it looks reallyyy good, thank you!

great job btw on all your posts i've seen here, they definitely gave me some inspiration :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still need to get used to using Flikr for 360 degree photos. For now they're on my Facebook account in my Second Life Snapshots Album. I haven't added a bunch of small décor yet, but her are a few pictures of Persephone's Victorian home:

My living room and office in the style of a SL travel agency. 

My bedroom with fake mirror reflections.

And 2 still photos in my bedroom, also showing fake mirror reflections:

2107034495_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_018.thumb.jpg.264622ea1fef4bb035d7c180c788ce54.jpg

I call this one Reflections on Reality:

635578256_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_017.thumb.jpg.ef1b477a11329d307114ce29646877f1.jpg

• Like 14

Rapid Home Movement is a serious problem affecting many SL residents. Look for the telltale signs - as soon as you finish decorating, do you immediately start thinking about what you could do with a different theme? Have you become an expert on counting abandonment refreshes? Do you have a Linden Home, a rented home, and multiple skyboxes? Help is available.

Anyways, on an obviously totally unrelated note, my new Log Home backyard's looking nice...

Snapshot_250.thumb.png.aea81b0d06fabdfe82774406dff396f7.pngSnapshot_251.thumb.png.23074f5f109d13b70ee31e15f997dfa2.pngSnapshot_252.thumb.png.69be08cb4a599fdc19e295ab0ae1c116.pngSnapshot_253.thumb.png.819a2c141d988a6d609db18b55d322f9.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

Still a work in progress but I'm slowly getting there...
As you can see from the first picture, I still haven't done about 2/3 of the backyard as I haven't decided yet which way to go (i.e. all planned and managed or partly "wild and free"). The pond tends to make me lean towards the latter though, which is why I've placed some small lila trees on the right handside for now.

LH_Newbrooke_25.03.2022_005.png

LH_Newbrooke_25.03.2022_002.png

• Like 13

Terrace and pool area. The pool is from Trompe l'oeil and is available today for L$50 as part of Fifty Linden Fridays. I've retextured it with the Newbrooke textures (except the inside walls and the floor of the water area, where I used a texture from Jubran). It doesn't take too much space but... it's 31Li so you'd better have some left. Right now I still have 70 left to finish the backyard and probably change a few things inside (again). I'll surely save some more once I replace the temporary prim parts but since I need to visualise things first and always change things to try and improve them, I first go with prims until I'm satisfied with what I see, then I switch to mesh via Blender.

LH_Newbrooke_25.03.2022_001.png

LH_Newbrooke_25.03.2022_003.png

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
Newer version of the pool added (i.e. with the dark brick wall)
  • Like 16

There are so many gorgeous homes in this thread 🥰  Thank you all for posting pictures and sharing with us a glimpse into your creativity.  I had posted a little earlier about a camper I purchased for my KittyCat, and well she grew bored with it and insisted we head off to where all of the action is.  So, I have settled on a Newbrooke home, on a 512sqm parcel.

Snapshot_179.png.1b4e6d51fe4469d676b9cf5df630e272.png

I have a very convenient Rez Zone in front of my house, so I can rez a vehicle without worrying about LI.  I added a roof above the second floor porch, which I made of prims and all together including detailing for the edges as well as the pillars comes to only 5 Li.   If it is deemed unacceptable and returned, I will not be that bothered, I did try to keep in with the theme but understand there are restrictions. 

Snapshot_180.png.2bd2109b2eddf2ebbafbb1143c92110e.png

A view from the kitchen, looking into the living room.  Nothing spectacular, I need to put in a few pictures, some plants, and a carpet.  I also furnished the bedroom, and the porch with a little pool.  The only room that has not been furnished, is the back room on the first floor as I am not sure what to put there yet.  With that said, even with the kittycat I'm only at 41 LI used so far.

Snapshot_182.png.b2b72b7ee39b0e8d413f05e6bf515ce7.png

My kitty, enjoying the modern life.  I imagine she will eventually grow bored and want to move again - LL really needs to start adding more 512 parcels as my cat is very demanding.  

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Istelathis said:

There are so many gorgeous homes in this thread 🥰  Thank you all for posting pictures and sharing with us a glimpse into your creativity.  I had posted a little earlier about a camper I purchased for my KittyCat, and well she grew bored with it and insisted we head off to where all of the action is.  So, I have settled on a Newbrooke home, on a 512sqm parcel.

Snapshot_179.png.1b4e6d51fe4469d676b9cf5df630e272.png

I have a very convenient Rez Zone in front of my house, so I can rez a vehicle without worrying about LI.  I added a roof above the second floor porch, which I made of prims and all together including detailing for the edges as well as the pillars comes to only 5 Li.   If it is deemed unacceptable and returned, I will not be that bothered, I did try to keep in with the theme but understand there are restrictions. 

Snapshot_180.png.2bd2109b2eddf2ebbafbb1143c92110e.png

A view from the kitchen, looking into the living room.  Nothing spectacular, I need to put in a few pictures, some plants, and a carpet.  I also furnished the bedroom, and the porch with a little pool.  The only room that has not been furnished, is the back room on the first floor as I am not sure what to put there yet.  With that said, even with the kittycat I'm only at 41 LI used so far.

Snapshot_182.png.b2b72b7ee39b0e8d413f05e6bf515ce7.png

My kitty, enjoying the modern life.  I imagine she will eventually grow bored and want to move again - LL really needs to start adding more 512 parcels as my cat is very demanding.  

That is a nice parcel! I like the setup with the living room in the little cubby.  Very cozy! Maybe the extra room could be an office, library room, or bathroom?  I rarely put bathrooms into the houses I decorate, but I've seen some really nice ones in these photos.

Also, you got a house just for your cat.  They really do rule the world. 😄

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.