-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Living room

Snapshot_407.png

That looks great!  Where is the river rock fireplace from?  I have tried several different types and they have all looked too dark or "too" rustic, and tried re-texturing a plain fireplace with a cobblestone texture and it looked too...pebble-y lol.  Your rocks and fireplace look "just right" (for some reason I am thinking of Goldilocks and the 3 bears right now!)  

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

That looks great!  Where is the river rock fireplace from?  I have tried several different types and they have all looked too dark or "too" rustic, and tried re-texturing a plain fireplace with a cobblestone texture and it looked too...pebble-y lol.  Your rocks and fireplace look "just right" (for some reason I am thinking of Goldilocks and the 3 bears right now!)  

Looks like this one from Sway's: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sways-Darret-Stone-Fireplace/8169473

• Like 6

First now that I finish the bedroom in the Verne I got the first week of the Victorian release. The bedroom is in the turret.

The curtains are from LAQ. They have a rod that can't be removed. But I could select face, and turned the rod 100 % transparent.* It is then possible to use a wood top as I did here. It is just editing of prims that can be set to convex hull, or joined in Blender. The windows on each side have only 1 side of the curtain. Since the Laq curtains is 2 parts, they can be manipulated like this.

The wardrobe is angled in a corner and I could use a trim that I have edited off one wall set I bought for Victorians. The wardrobe doors is edited off a Roost house. I do not have a script in them, they are for decoration only.

*Also set the shadow behind the curtains to transparent, since the shadow show the rod.

verne bedroomed_001.jpg

verne bedroomed_002.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling and some better wording
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Some updates to my wildlife center. My lovely friend Candy inspired me to add a soil path and some shrubs,  and the animals are really enjoying the new landscaping. I am also including a new picture of the little orphans at the Nursery with their new mommy. FoxesEntranceSmaller2.thumb.PNG.d8b85605648452a9408e1f4f7588cd21.PNGSakuraAndStagSmaller.thumb.PNG.b822fb0023599a47cbbef1e4cc780f96.PNGNurseryUps.thumb.PNG.35807c24ab2cdb42e467307b2a40495a.PNG

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Elena Core said:

Love the textures you've used @Marianne Little, did you create them yourself? You're really talented 

The wallpaper is from a store named Point 24 on the Marketplace :) and it's 4 different colored ones in the pack. The wall in the turret is just the default walls. I saved myself some work there. The ceiling is from Pamella, nr 714. Many cheap textures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Artair Glendullen said:

So, funny story. I ended up researching how to put together a Victorian-style garden. Turns out a big traditional manor house garden takes way too many prims, so I just winged it.

home_001.png

home_004.png

This is fantastic, really well thought out.

I've been slowly doing the same, their gardens were certainly orderly but well run with flowers so I'm walking a fine line of prim usage right now. I keep putting down objects, picking them up when I find ones in my inventory with less land impact. Slow going but I'll get there! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Artair Glendullen said:

So, funny story. I ended up researching how to put together a Victorian-style garden. Turns out a big traditional manor house garden takes way too many prims, so I just winged it.

home_001.png

home_004.png

This is so impressive, I wonder how many Li you spent on the garden. Did you make the brick framed walks?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This is fantastic, really well thought out.

I've been slowly doing the same, their gardens were certainly orderly but well run with flowers so I'm walking a fine line of prim usage right now. I keep putting down objects, picking them up when I find ones in my inventory with less land impact. Slow going but I'll get there! 

Thank you. 😄 The process was the same with me, lol. Eventually i just went 'ah heck, topiaries it is!'

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

This is so impressive, I wonder how many Li you spent on the garden. Did you make the brick framed walks?

Everything altogether is about 146li. The path is 26 on it's own, and it's a kitbashed version of this set with the Victorian brick texture. I might swap it out for a lighter one, since I'm running low and still need to finish a few rooms in the house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Artair Glendullen said:

Thank you. 😄 The process was the same with me, lol. Eventually i just went 'ah heck, topiaries it is!'

Everything altogether is about 146li. The path is 26 on it's own, and it's a kitbashed version of this set with the Victorian brick texture. I might swap it out for a lighter one, since I'm running low and still need to finish a few rooms in the house.

Oh wow, I have that kit already, totally forgot about it. I bought it for my main home (I share a rented homestead with my partner also) and ripped it apart to use bits and pieces also. The problem was when you take it apart, nothing had names it was all numbered object names which made nuts. Going through each piece afterward trying to figure out what was what made me throw up my hands finally.

I did use a few that I renamed in the Linden House I was given for the cancer event (I recall a small wall fountain?) and a few of landscaping flowers are really nice and low prim. I have another one of their set-ups (maybe 2?) and the flowers in them are quite different than many I've seen elsewhere so overall well worth the purchase for me personally. I'm a flower hoarder. I always start my homes outside first, and deal with the inside afterwards. I like making the neighborhood pretty ❤️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Some updates to my wildlife center. My lovely friend Candy inspired me to add a soil path and some shrubs,  and the animals are really enjoying the new landscaping. I am also including a new picture of the little orphans at the Nursery with their new mommy. FoxesEntranceSmaller2.thumb.PNG.d8b85605648452a9408e1f4f7588cd21.PNGSakuraAndStagSmaller.thumb.PNG.b822fb0023599a47cbbef1e4cc780f96.PNGNurseryUps.thumb.PNG.35807c24ab2cdb42e467307b2a40495a.PNG

Aww.. im so glad i can inspire you.. AWESOME WORK!!

• Like 6

On 4/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, Marianne Little said:

The first project is an add-on veranda with roof. It is a teleport up, or sit in a chair to get up. Stairs would have to go on one the side, and look so clumsy.

lake landinged_001.jpg

lake landinged_002.jpg

lake landing_003.jpg

Where can i get this add on???? i love it!!!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CandyxHaven said:

Where can i get this add on???? i love it!!!

as usual when I see one of @Marianne Little 's creations, I just start reaching for my wallet to fling it dramatically around, seriously I would've bought this days ago, if I had a time machine and I would build a time machine simply to buy it  lol

Edited by KatHeartsong Kaos
  • Like 4

On 4/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, Marianne Little said:

First now that I finish the bedroom in the Verne I got the first week of the Victorian release. The bedroom is in the turret.

The curtains are from LAQ. They have a rod that can't be removed. But I could select face, and turned the rod 100 % transparent.* It is then possible to use a wood top as I did here. It is just editing of prims that can be set to convex hull, or joined in Blender. The windows on each side have only 1 side of the curtain. Since the Laq curtains is 2 parts, they can be manipulated like this.

The wardrobe is angled in a corner and I could use a trim that I have edited off one wall set I bought for Victorians. The wardrobe doors is edited off a Roost house. I do not have a script in them, they are for decoration only.

*Also set the shadow behind the curtains to transparent, since the shadow show the rod.

verne bedroomed_001.jpg

verne bedroomed_002.jpg

Marianne Little, you are brilliant! Making the LAQ window rod transparent is genius. I have been wrestling with those darn rods for weeks. Thank you for the decorating ideas!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

Marianne Little, you are brilliant! Making the LAQ window rod transparent is genius. I have been wrestling with those darn rods for weeks. Thank you for the decorating ideas!!!

And the curtains is low Li, I use 3 sets here = 3 Li. I do not link or unlink them, but edit them in place. This let me use the texture change when I want, without having to hang new curtains and rotate them in place when I will change the curtains. (That is a bit of work) If you use convex hull prims for the 5 wood tops and link them, they are 3 Li. Total Li for the turret windows is 6. Not bad.

I joined the wood parts in blender and that came out as 1 Li, but it isn't really worth the upload since you only save 2 Li.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My fishing camp in Pirouette next to a lake. Front porch with a Jon boat waiting for early morning fishing. Back deck and screened porch for cooking, drinking and being lazy. I spent many days with my Dad learning how to put crickets on a hook, drive boats with an Evinrude motor, and scaling fish for supper off the back porch. He made sure at least one of his daughters knew her way around the river and lakes in southern Arkansas. Thanks, Dad for teaching me how to be a River Rat. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pirouette/71/198/52

299713304_Pirouettedecor_030frontporchsmall.png.0538e26d036649944c12884c9ef3ae53.png1266184041_Pirouettedecor_001smallbackporch.png.5f11d2b256348e6bc3bd3336c8619ee1.png888010545_Livingroomsmall.png.3ed06fba7fc0ac4687b83a8440629bdd.png

Pirouettedecor_004 living room small.png

Pirouettedecor_035 small kitchen.png10037331_bunkbeds.png.9753a32830876a927de67d71ee04960f.png1713448764_JoeLeememorytable.png.cb17fd21f54bf8a19eebf112b193cc07.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.