-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I took a few pics of my Oleander Victorian

Snapshot _ Starlit Breeze, Oleander 3 (99, 170, 33) - Moderate.png

Snapshot _ Starlit Breeze, Oleander 6 (99, 170, 33) - Moderate.png

Snapshot _ Starlit Breeze, Oleander 7 (99, 170, 33) - Moderate.png

Snapshot _ Starlit Breeze, Oleander 8 (99, 170, 33) - Moderate.png

Snapshot _ Starlit Breeze, Oleander 9 (99, 170, 33) - Moderate.png

Snapshot _ Starlit Breeze, Oleander 10 (99, 170, 33) - Moderate.png

I love seeing what you do with houses; this one looks great.  And what a spectacular view eh?  The Lighthouse views fill me with inspiration every time; I've never had one but I love looking at them all the same.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I hope it's okay to post some WIP-ish shots!

I've moved into a stilt house lately through Sheer Wild Luck (...okay, and a lot of refreshing on an alt), and have been delighting in decorating. The add-on I'm using comes with a little extra room lined with windows, so I figured, why not a simple greenhouse/sunroom/whatever?

msc3fGk.pnghkwKA6R.pngI at least think it's coming along nicely, although I definitely want to get more interesting things from events instead of having almost all marketplace items. :) Still, would love thoughts/ideas/things you think I should throw in here.

(The vegetables are my favorite part - I figure my avatar doesn't want to boat all the way to land and find a grocery store every time they want some carrots!)

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, sailorcipher said:

I've moved into a stilt house lately through Sheer Wild Luck (...okay, and a lot of refreshing on an alt), and have been delighting in decorating. The add-on I'm using comes with a little extra room lined with windows, so I figured, why not a simple greenhouse/sunroom/whatever?

I figure my avatar doesn't want to boat all the way to land and find a grocery store every time they want some carrots!

Self-sufficient avatars are the avatars that will survive the apocalypse!  Growing vegetables is a wonderful idea; why not make the most of all that natural light by growing things, indeed. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, sailorcipher said:

msc3fGk.pnghkwKA6R.pngI at least think it's coming along nicely, although I definitely want to get more interesting things from events instead of having almost all marketplace items. :) Still, would love thoughts/ideas/things you think I should throw in here.

(The vegetables are my favorite part - I figure my avatar doesn't want to boat all the way to land and find a grocery store every time they want some carrots!)

Oh, wow! You make me wish I had planned to use this addon for my Havanna (now I'm alread almost out of prims...)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sailorcipher said:

I think this is just awesome as it is! :)

I would also like to state that personally, I would boat anywhere for some carrots! 

Hammie 🐹

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm really enjoying the fantasy theme of my home, and after two months decided I should decorate it a little instead of hanging out in my skybox 2500 meters above.

Snapshot_110.thumb.png.2a8b9baac469ee550fb28b688841ee18.png

Instead of decorating my yard, I decided to bring a bit of the yard into my home - because well, this is fantasy and well.. why not?

Snapshot_105.thumb.png.43ee3fbcb0d23ce8ee7705ab49b3a63a.png

I wanted to keep with the fantasy setting, while not spending to much linden in the process.  There is still a lot more to do, but so far I am happy with the result.  I will replace the furniture as I stumble across cheap alternatives to take their place, and do a better job of the weird theme I am trying to create.  I have plenty of prims left to play around with, even with all of the rooms decorated, and I will be adding more as I find copy/mod items to put in my home.  I should have enough to do some landscaping as well later on.

One thing is for certain, finding inexpensive medieval fantasy furniture that fits into my theme is not very easy, especially when it has to be copy/mod.  Some things look out of place, even though I mean, well they are kind of out of place inside of a home to begin with.  I might just get there eventually.. I just wish my skills in Blender were better, then I really could put together a nice seamless outdoor/indoor theme.. perhaps even with on and off rain storms in one of the rooms 😜

It is all setup on a rezzer, and will delete on the push of a button - and I can choose to have a multiple themes on the ground level so if I desire to go with a more polished and modern look I can.  But I think I will save the modern luxuries for my skybox, which is also set to a rezzer.  On the ground level I want it to stay fantasy themed.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I'm really enjoying the fantasy theme of my home, and after two months decided I should decorate it a little instead of hanging out in my skybox 2500 meters above.

Snapshot_110.thumb.png.2a8b9baac469ee550fb28b688841ee18.png

Instead of decorating my yard, I decided to bring a bit of the yard into my home - because well, this is fantasy and well.. why not?

Snapshot_105.thumb.png.43ee3fbcb0d23ce8ee7705ab49b3a63a.png

I wanted to keep with the fantasy setting, while not spending to much linden in the process.  There is still a lot more to do, but so far I am happy with the result.  I will replace the furniture as I stumble across cheap alternatives to take their place, and do a better job of the weird theme I am trying to create.  I have plenty of prims left to play around with, even with all of the rooms decorated, and I will be adding more as I find copy/mod items to put in my home.  I should have enough to do some landscaping as well later on.

One thing is for certain, finding inexpensive medieval fantasy furniture that fits into my theme is not very easy, especially when it has to be copy/mod.  Some things look out of place, even though I mean, well they are kind of out of place inside of a home to begin with.  I might just get there eventually.. I just wish my skills in Blender were better, then I really could put together a nice seamless outdoor/indoor theme.. perhaps even with on and off rain storms in one of the rooms 😜

It is all setup on a rezzer, and will delete on the push of a button - and I can choose to have a multiple themes on the ground level so if I desire to go with a more polished and modern look I can.  But I think I will save the modern luxuries for my skybox, which is also set to a rezzer.  On the ground level I want it to stay fantasy themed.

Sometimes it takes time for inspiration to take hold.

What a fun decorating style!  I can't wait to see more rooms.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hedy Heartsong said:

I often look through your beautiful posts but rarely do one of my own.   This is a pretty little spot I snagged on Visser and thought I'd share what I did with my Havana here.  

VisserHouse1.jpg

VisserHouse2.jpg

VisserHouse3.jpg

VisserHouse4.jpg

VisserHouse5.jpg

VisserHouse6.jpg

I always love what you do to your homes. This one is breathtaking. I looooooove your wallpapers and i neeeeeed all your furniture lol. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That's just perfect!

The most beautifully decorated Stilt I ever saw!

Inside must have a shell - wallpaper - outside too?? Never saw such colour!

Exterior shell from Christhiana's items.  The exterior texture and interior shell and textures are mine.  Ping me inworld,  happy to share it to you.  And Thank you :)

Edited by Hedy Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Fay Starlight In the official SL viewer, it's very simple, you just need to change the scale of the moon, choose the size you want and save your sky with the name you can find to be able to apply the environment to your terrain.
Well you can change a lot of settings and build any environment you want, I usually mess with everything and when any of the settings I like, I save.

Perhaps the image below can help.

3131459_fevereiro2022_001.thumb.jpg.d65cb2cb60f64940f4433d1276c95d30.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.