-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Torry Turner said:

Thank you! It was a struggle for me at first. It took me a few hours to finally decide on where to put certain "areas" of the home. 

I can totally relate.  I was NOT going to use Tortuga on my Capn Billy parcel but, so far at least, it seems to be the only Stilt with an exterior paint shell available on the MP so Tortuga it is for now!  I always want to customize all of my Linden Home, especially the exterior so I really love using paint shells and I love the ability to customize my interior paint colors.  The only thing there is that I have to re-enter my RGB numbers every time I choose a different style of home.  Does anyone know of a way around that?  For now I just keep my fave RGBs in a notecard.

• Like 4

• Moles
2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

The only thing there is that I have to re-enter my RGB numbers every time I choose a different style of home.  Does anyone know of a way around that?  For now I just keep my fave RGBs in a notecard.

That's exactly the right thing to do, Sylvia.  Re-entering the RGB values for the walls in your home really doesn't take much time. If you have written down ones that you like in a handy place like a notecard or the Notes area in your own profile, you should have no worry about losing them.

When we were designing the custom tinting system, we considered several approaches.  The biggest challenge we faced was memory use.  The Linden Homes are controlled by four major scripts, each of which is large and eats up a lot of memory, even before you start stuffing it full of user input (access lists, texture preferences,  the states of moving parts like doors and windows...). 

We can send some of that user input to be stored in Linden Lab's KVP servers, so that it's available if you decide to re-rez your home, but then finding and retrieving it on demand becomes a challenge. We have regions full of residents in different styles of home and with their own individual preferences.  It's one thing to save your choices among a handful of preset values. Storing a huge stack of custom values is a much larger challenge.  It's easier on the system if we expect you to store those custom color values yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

9 hours ago, Torry Turner said:

Hi! Oh my gosh, you live right behind me! Your home is so cute! I love the Macaw bird by the front door! 

Yes, just past your hot tub! lol 

Thanks for the compliment! The bird is from +Half-Deer+ and comes in other colors, too, and there is an adorable Toucan as well! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I can totally relate.  I was NOT going to use Tortuga on my Capn Billy parcel but, so far at least, it seems to be the only Stilt with an exterior paint shell available on the MP so Tortuga it is for now!  I always want to customize all of my Linden Home, especially the exterior so I really love using paint shells and I love the ability to customize my interior paint colors.  The only thing there is that I have to re-enter my RGB numbers every time I choose a different style of home.  Does anyone know of a way around that?  For now I just keep my fave RGBs in a notecard.

I saw that shell you have on it. It looks great! I was tempted to grab one off the MP. I love what they make for our Bellisseria homes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

For now I just keep my fave RGBs in a notecard.

I've started making prim cubes with a different color on each side. That way I can see the actual color and it's very easy to inspect the cube to get the RGB when I need it. Oftentimes, I will leave the cube in an empty space between walls or under stairs, which is then hidden behind a wall. Makes it super easy to access the RGBs. I could use the saved colors in the house controller but I'm never sure which color is which when looking at the my color choices in the menu.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

This Camper its like my dream home: waterfront with a nice mix of sand and grass, plenty of trees, surrounded by houseboats and even some traditionals, with access to the road and a rez zone! 

I used Asian inspired decor this time, I have been struggling with texture trashing so this theme is helping a lot with it, also its great to save prims, I still have 119 available prims and I don't feel the camper looks empty.

LH_1.thumb.jpg.8fa6c0b232a4cd91491b72008869e69c.jpg

LH_2.thumb.jpg.d3f5bfd1587f48c5e81ab4e009cbfcf7.jpg

LH_3.thumb.jpg.faa0ba30527bf832a410b9f557583279.jpg

LH_4.thumb.jpg.a833d0ac77e9b00a104b0c28db6b6a18.jpg

Edited by Pauck
Wording?
  • Like 26

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Você já assistiu ao musical "Popeye" de 1980?

Se sim, você se lembra da pequena cidade fictícia de Sweethaven?

Apresentando uma casa de palafitas no estilo Sweethaven

Apreciar!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plage Marsouin / 232/183/22

[Eva] Sweethaven_001.jpg

[Eva] Sweethaven_002.jpg

this is really a setting for a "rocambolesco" movie with many scenes of ups and downs on all these stairs and levels. Very good!!!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Have you ever watched the 1980 musical movie "Popeye" ?

If so do you remember the quaint little fictional town of Sweethaven?

Presenting a Stilt Home in the vein of Sweethaven

Enjoy!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plage Marsouin/232/183/22

[ Eva ] Sweethaven_001.jpg

[ Eva ] Sweethaven_002.jpg

I live close to you. I will have to boat over and gawk at your creativity.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
Correcting typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking for advice.  I was trying to decorate only using stuff I had in my inventory already, so its a bit random in theme.  I picked sky and sunset colors and just started digging.  I found items I never unpacked in a folder of SLB17 freebie gifts ( the wire chair and the short table with 4 chairs) and some random gacha furniture.  Most of the furniture pieces are really short leaving me a ton of wall space to fill.  I could just unload my "Wall decorations" folder, but does anyone have any other ideas? More plants?  Random art? The walls just look so bare.

Most of my decorated homes end up looking like motel rooms because I just haven't mastered the art of clutter like some of you have.  I still have 80+ LI to use, but will probably use 20 at least on deck furniture.  I haven't linked anything yet, so I'll have more when that's done.

Edited to add - I am not opposed to spending $L.  I already had a kitchen, dining table, and that orange couch.  I did buy that Black Nest shelf with decorations from a 50L Friday sale, but only used the decorations because I already had a shelf I liked.  I also didn't like any of my bedrooms, so I bought a coastal themed set.  Help a gal out who has no natural decorating sense.

hfvbx_003.png

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Looking for advice.  I was trying to decorate only using stuff I had in my inventory already, so its a bit random in theme.  I picked sky and sunset colors and just started digging.  I found items I never unpacked in a folder of SLB17 freebie gifts ( the wire chair and the short table with 4 chairs) and some random gacha furniture.  Most of the furniture pieces are really short leaving me a ton of wall space to fill.  I could just unload my "Wall decorations" folder, but does anyone have any other ideas? More plants?  Random art? The walls just look so bare.

Most of my decorated homes end up looking like motel rooms because I just haven't mastered the art of clutter like some of you have.  I still have 80+ LI to use, but will probably use 20 at least on deck furniture.  I haven't linked anything yet, so I'll have more when that's done.

Edited to add - I am not opposed to spending $L.  I already had a kitchen, dining table, and that orange couch.  I did buy that Black Nest shelf with decorations from a 50L Friday sale, but only used the decorations because I already had a shelf I liked.  I also didn't like any of my bedrooms, so I bought a coastal themed set.  Help a gal out who has no natural decorating sense.

hfvbx_003.png

Some type of wall unit w/decor already filled or a kitchen hutch or something on that big wall by the table & chairs

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

hfvbx_003.png

Since you said you don't mind doing a bit of shopping.... I like using Banksy graffiti on big bare walls. The ones I have are from The Art and Poster Store:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/28534/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=banksy

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I don't have any real advice to offer but I do share your pain!  All I can suggest is to fill your walls with art you enjoy; I have collected owls for decades and have owl art coming out the wazzu...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.