-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I added an upper floor music room to my houseboat, and now have a living room/kitchen, bedroom, small raised study area, bathroom & this. The entrance to it is just some steps up and then I walk across, because i'm not a builder at all, but I like it!

Music Room.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure if I should post more because people want to buy what I make, and are sad because I do not have a store.

This "sell things I make" is such a big and fearful thing for me. I think I would be so anxious that I would quit SL or make another avatar and another life.

I think posting your beautiful work inspires people, whenever I see you have posted in Home and Garden I can't wait to click and see what is new!  I would love to purchase your designs if you figure out a way to sell without stress  :)  My personal opinion about selling on the Marketplace is: it can be stressful, and if there are any issues including lack of knowledge on the buyer's part on how to line up an add-on etc., they will want a fast response.  Then you may start feeling like you HAVE to log into SL often to check for messages, or send your IMs to your email and bring added stress into your real life.  Some people will post a nasty review without even contacting the creator.  I had this happen to me years ago when MP switched from those boxes to the new system, I added my KittyCats collars and triple checked everything and MP kept moving my items so they were mismatched and someone bought a collar that was supposed to be black with diamonds and instead got an all-pearl white one lol.  Bad review ha ha!  Anyway, I think you should do what brings you joy with your SL life and keep your creativity flowing ♥  

A thought:  I wonder if creators can "off source" their builds to a trusted friend who would do all the Marketplace listing and customer service under their name, some kind of arrangement.  I don't know much about all the rules and things so this may not be possible or allowed...Gacha sellers can resell other creators work...not sure about copy-mod stuff though...Hmmm.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

So the question is... how do you (All) feel about me showing off things I will not sell you?

I do admit to disappointment when I see an add-on I love and find that the creator has no store or MP when I examine the build.  Would you consider making a transfer version for the occasional request? 🧡  That said, I will join the chorus of those who love to see your creations anyway.  I often get ideas of things I can try to cobble together myself from purchased bits.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

(deleted because I think I was oversharing medical history in a difficult moment)

Please do not quote, I am going to regret posting this.

So the question is... how do you (All) feel about me showing off things I will not sell you?

Marianne,

Please keep posting the great pics of what you're doing. And don't put any stress on yourself to jump into the hard work of MP listing. I enjoy your work, and it sparks my own little grey cells to work on my home. I'm not much of a builder - more of a buyer -  but I'm learning. Keep doing what YOU enjoy.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I love seeing your work.  I find your things to be very well done and beautiful.  Seeing your creations often push me to trying new things and I have actually started making some simple mesh things after seeing the work in this thread.  Please keep sharing.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I love seeing the things that you create! It's really inspiring and makes me feel that I should try and build more myself. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure if I should post more because people want to buy what I make, and are sad because I do not have a store.

This "sell things I make" is such a big and fearful thing for me. I think I would be so anxious that I would quit SL or make another avatar and another life.

Edit: I removed the images. I should not post when I am feeling like this.

There is no way you should do something in SL that is going to make you anxious and stress you out.  You love making your own add-on and decorating for yourself and that seems to make you happy.  You do what makes you happy and please keep posting all of your pictures because I love seeing what you do.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Edit: I removed the images. I should not post when I am feeling like this.

I think your work is wonderful - when I started on the MP I thought I would always be looking at the builders I held in high esteem, never be better than that and so why bother? But i changed my thinking when I realised I enjoyed the building so much and was stunned by how often my things sell. Also, everyone got to start somewhere. My builds have greatly improved with practise. But I understand the fear because as consumers of the product we are also our own harshest critics. In conclusion - if you actually wanted to try selling it can pay your way through SL and then some. My ex RL partner knew nothing of how to do it ten years ago and now owns a very large popular original mesh store which is run full time :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lia Starlight said:

Bit off topic, but it relates to home & garden . . . does anyone know where to get one of these dogs pls?

Pug.png

I might be totally wrong, but my guess would be "Jian". I know that they have at least little wiener dogs splashing in those rings.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Try this: World >>> Show >>> Beacons or CTRL + Alt + Shift + N.

thanks  gonna try that  ,before i get nuts 

its even worse  im under attack it seems by a super rainbow ,i have a name will it help muting or derendering ?

Edited by Atina0

10 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Found this too:

Scroll down to: If you are being harassed by an object

its a griefer ,he put some stuff out at my neighbours  home ,i checked,  my land has no weird objects  , it a 2 week old avi   ,very funny  ,not 

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

its a griefer ,he put some stuff out at my neighbours  home ,i checked,  my land has no weird objects  , it a 2 week old avi   ,very funny  ,not 

And this is why I always have 'Object Entry' turned off...
Maybe send an IM to your neighbors, informing them about the issue.

• Like 1

Now I have my Houseboat, I can moor a speedboat there. I found that not only can I walk to my sisters house in a couple of minutes, but I can also sail there in five minutes, because she lives right next to the canal. The Union Flag is a useful landmark.  :)

SL136.jpg

SL137.jpg

• Like 13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.