-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Elena Core said:

@Peony Swee*****er, such a lovely place, even the name!! Those libraries are amazing, best addion to a home when you are an avid reader, love bringing that into SL

Aww thanks, Elena - that library is my RL goals, and now one of my favourite spots in SL.  I sit my avatar in there when I'm working in SL and I'm in my happy place. I showed it to my hubby to let him know what I'd like him to work on for our RL library...I can make it in blender, but I can't make it in wood - that's his job! (Of course, it would help if I had a lovely Victorian home in RL as well!) 😁

Edited by Peony Sweetwater
Grammar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Aww thanks, Elena - that library is my RL goals, and now one of my favourite spots in SL.  I sit my avatar in there when I'm working in SL and I'm in my happy place. I showed it to my hubby to let him know what I'd like him to work on for our RL library...I can do make in blender, but I can't make it in wood - that's his job! (Of course, it would help if I had a lovely Victorian home in RL as well!) 😁

I don't have a Victorian in RL, but one of the rooms at our apartment is dedicated just to my books :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Moles did a fantastic landscaping job on my home in Bandstand, it's so incredibly lush and I love the fencing too. Everything about it slays me. I added some HUGE blood red roses by Heart that were from some Halloween kit of 2018 if I'm not mistaken, going for a darker gothic feel to the exterior. 

I love this house site. It's on a very small block, only 3 houses and looks straight down to the waterfront in Red Hook. While there are no direct water views here, it's such an impressive home site due to it's placement - it's feels grand and stately which only proves that there are fantastic homes everywhere - not just on the beach.

This one will be difficult to let go of so I'm going to have to start working on the interior  and make myself at home, because once I do that, I know it's for keeps. 

Now That's A House!

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 18

After cycling through all types of homes, I have found myself back in a camper for the cozy factor. I threw this design together tonight and wanted to share the idea on how to utilize the small space in a way that provides space separation without sacrificing the open floor plan feel. I have turned the little patio into a dining nook and going to use the back room as a bedroom or art space.

Snapshot_013.png

Snapshot_016.png

Snapshot_017.png

Edited by MirandaBowers
  • Like 22

5 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

After cycling through all types of homes, I have found myself back in a camper for the cozy factor. I threw this design together tonight and wanted to share the idea on how to utilize the small space in a way that provides space separation without sacrificing the open floor plan feel. I have turned the little patio into a dining nook and going to use the back room as a bedroom or art space.

Snapshot_013.png

Wow that looks great!  Just beautiful.  I have a dividing partition for the back bedroom that is just 2 prim walls with a space  in the middle and some beams added.  <squints at your partition> is that a prim with some kind of shear-shape to it, or a mesh divider?  If it is a prim I might try to play around with making something similar  :) although my building skills are fairly rudimentary...thanks for showing us your idea!

6 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

Snapshot_013.png

Snapshot_016.png

Snapshot_017.png

This is just amazing, it does not look like a camper at all, but a real home. Congratulations on your decor picks 

SI LOVE the Victorians. And I had the Doyle looking very cozy and the landscaping was fantastic where I was.  But I switched to a Trad because it's right on the beach and I couldn't pass up the chance to get the spot. I really miss the Doyle and the features of Victorians (and the landscaping I think the lanscaping is much nicer in the Victorian areas than where the Traditionals are) but the view is worth the trade off.

beach house_001.png

beach house_002.png

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

SI LOVE the Victorians. And I had the Doyle looking very cozy and the landscaping was fantastic where I was.  But I switched to a Trad because it's right on the beach and I couldn't pass up the chance to get the spot. I really miss the Doyle and the features of Victorians (and the landscaping I think the lanscaping is much nicer in the Victorian areas than where the Traditionals are) but the view is worth the trade off.

beach house_002.png

Great location!! And, with a few addons, you can get the Victorian touch too :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elena Core said:

Great location!! And, with a few addons, you can get the Victorian touch too :) 

It's mostly the interior aspects I miss about the Victorian - like custom color walls (I know I can get add on for that) and the floors and then the overall layout of the Doyle  I liked.  But I know finding a Victorian on the beach isn't going to happen unless by a lot of luck so I'm good with this.

• Like 2

Feels like the whole of Bellisseria has the Apple Fall hall unit in their homes. swapped mine out for this nice offering Peaches had for Saturday Sale. Needed resizing to fit in the Hardy Victorian. The light only has one light mode that can't be modified: blindingly bright so haven't kept it rezzed 

Myhome_0018_001_edited.thumb.jpg.508405ebc26b4dce27f3bfce40d86fff.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

<squints at your partition> is that a prim with some kind of shear-shape to it, or a mesh divider?  If it is a prim I might try to play around with making something similar  :) 

It is a simple square prim that I slapped on a Linden Homes texture to. Specifically, I used:  LH - Trailer Texture Pack 1 v.10  >>  LH - Floor - wood herringbone light wood

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Love that library.  Did you make it yourself?  I especially like the window seats.  Would love this for my home.

Thanks Laurelrose - window seats to curl up with a good book has always been part of my RL home goals 😊 I did end up making this myself, and while I don’t want to use this forum for self promotion, I’ll just quietly add that if you’re interested my alt has a store that stocks all the odds and sods that I make for myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And who IS your alt if I may ask?

Lol.!  I thought the subtle nudge to the link in my signature might be enough, but I forget that not everyone sees the signatures. Most of my alts use some derivation of “Peony” but for some reason my builder alt ended up as a “Bomph” (I guess because he was originally a robot).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Feels like the whole of Bellisseria has the Apple Fall hall unit in their homes. swapped mine out for this nice offering Peaches had for Saturday Sale. Needed resizing to fit in the Hardy Victorian. The light only has one light mode that can't be modified: blindingly bright so haven't kept it rezzed 

Myhome_0018_001_edited.thumb.jpg.508405ebc26b4dce27f3bfce40d86fff.jpg

I got that set too :) Peaches is a great store, I am using a couple of sets at my Victorian, and they really go well with the style, maybe because of the quality of the wooden textures, and fabrics. All their items are really detailed :) 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That library is really GREAT! I looked at it at your place then bought it. It was easy to place and the many animations are just georgeous!!

Only thing is I would like much lighter woodcolour. can I really exchange the texture without ruining the whole thing?

Glad you’re loving it, and Yes, you can change it. It’s currently using a tiled wood texture, and it’s also possible that I’d added a light tint to it to make it a bit darker for my liking. And remember, you’ll always have the back up original, so you can just save the position of a mucked up copy, Rez a new one and paste in the position co-ords.

i recommend using “select face” on each part of the shelves so you can adjust the rotation and repeats for each piece if you want, though just “edit link” is fine too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Lol.!  I thought the subtle nudge to the link in my signature might be enough, but I forget that not everyone sees the signatures. Most of my alts use some derivation of “Peony” but for some reason my builder alt ended up as a “Bomph” (I guess because he was originally a robot).

I saw it on MP by that "creator".  :D  However, I use the Verne, so don't think I can make it work.

Edited by Laurelrose Anthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.