-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have Blush's Wrap Around Porch for Continental, but I wanted to try and fit a room in it, big enough for a kitchen.

57512810_Kitchenaddon.thumb.jpg.c2c36d677f06732987a821798e435e0a.jpg

Edited to add: Lower right picture show a wall to the right. That is going to be a laundryroom or a shed. So far it's just 1 textured prim. I must see if I have prims enough for door and windows, plus furniture for it.

I found out that the walls were too dark, but that is easy to change. I could fit in a really big kitchen.

990325696_addonkitchen.thumb.jpg.c52572298dca6dc1a1c98a0b8ff51b29.jpg

I will take some better pictures later. I don't feel that the kitchen is finished,. I found windows that's close to LH windows, but I want to rip out the ones by the table and replace them with some windows that go almost to the floor.

If I find some that's not too different.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 21

On 6/21/2019 at 9:05 AM, kiramanell said:

I just finished the full outward shell on my Windlass Recreation Project (on my own sim), just in time for the 16th anniversary. :) Recreating those windows was a beatch, btw. 😁 It's not a 100% identical copy, but I call it a reasonable facsimile. I cheated a bit on the front door, as that one just came from a Barnacle addon pack (photo 3). And pardon the crudity of the windlight: it's just midday, for a better view.

So, ready to vacate my old boat for one of them new trailers. :) (Provided those are also 350 LI).

kira_1.thumb.jpg.f3e1cc349dd6bf89219387f12944bbc2.jpg

kira_2.thumb.jpg.3ed8056623aacff9e0a3eb023e326504.jpg

kira_3.thumb.jpg.571b2c43a8028d722154f3199cda8abd.jpg

New Trailers?  Why do you think the new houses are going to bee trailers? Not doubting you but wondering where you are getting your information

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

New Trailers?  Why do you think the new houses are going to bee trailers? Not doubting you but wondering where you are getting your information

Per the new Preview at the SL16B, the new 'theme' is Camping Trailers, probably on 512 sqm lots.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My first thoughts are too small, cramped and on 512 lots meaning they will be packed in with half the LI other homes have gotten. I applaud Lindens for trying to create some diversity, but who wants to camp 24/7? I hope they add some cabin choices in the mountain areas

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My first thoughts are too small, cramped and on 512 lots meaning they will be packed in with half the LI other homes have gotten. I applaud Lindens for trying to create some diversity, but who wants to camp 24/7? I hope they add some cabin choices in the mountain areas

Edited by Trinity Aironaut

6 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

When I first jointed SL I would have been happy with one of these.  Really is the perfect size and the fact you can now have a platform in the sky makes a big difference.  It would have been a nice home to go to in order to unpack your stuff or demo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

When I first jointed SL I would have been happy with one of these.  Really is the perfect size and the fact you can now have a platform in the sky makes a big difference.  It would have been a nice home to go to in order to unpack your stuff or demo.

I guess, and guys might like it too, but think about which of the traditional was the most popular...............the biggest. I kind of like the Bigger wooden camper with the ramp and the modren gypsy vargo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

I guess, and guys might like it too, but think about which of the traditional was the most popular...............the biggest. I kind of like the Bigger wooden camper with the ramp and the modren gypsy vargo

I agree that people definately want the bigger  houses.  I think these campers are great for those starting out that aren't sure if they really want land or just want a small home base.  Even though I always had a Linden house I also bought land cause I wanted to have a bigger space to decorate.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

I'm making an alt premium just to get one of these along with my houseboat. It's going to be just like this... 

Taylor-Swift-You-Need-To-Calm-Down-Video-LGBTQ-Pop-Music-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-14.jpg.56372c98c452792b2f4355f21830d765.jpg

... and I cannot wait!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have Blush's Wrap Around Porch for Continental, but I wanted to try and fit a room in it, big enough for a kitchen.

57512810_Kitchenaddon.thumb.jpg.c2c36d677f06732987a821798e435e0a.jpg

Edited to add: Lower right picture show a wall to the right. That is going to be a laundryroom or a shed. So far it's just 1 textured prim. I must see if I have prims enough for door and windows, plus furniture for it.

I found out that the walls were too dark, but that is easy to change. I could fit in a really big kitchen.

990325696_addonkitchen.thumb.jpg.c52572298dca6dc1a1c98a0b8ff51b29.jpg

I will take some better pictures later. I don't feel that the kitchen is finished,. I found windows that's close to LH windows, but I want to rip out the ones by the table and replace them with some windows that go almost to the floor.

If I find some that's not too different.

Wow, you really did an amazing job there, with that kitchen! :) As if Blush's Wrap Around Porch wasn't brilliant enough already, you really added even to that! I love the rustic/half-retro style of that kitchen. And the radiator is a nice touch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Yes, but some of us think they are tailored for the old LH users that are using 512 m homes. They can't use the 1024 m homes if they have a store on 512 m mainland, or donate 512 m to a roleplay group to help cover tier.

With the new trailers, you can still do both.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Wow, you really did an amazing job there, with that kitchen! :) As if Blush's Wrap Around Porch wasn't brilliant enough already, you really added even to that! I love the rustic/half-retro style of that kitchen. And the radiator is a nice touch!

Thanks! But the more I look at it, the unhappier I am. First thing I will do, is to take down the heavy roman shades, find something more airy or keep the windows bare with only a hanging plant.

The end wall should really have a bigger window.... Off to the MP to search windows again.

• Like 1

Now, before I continue, this is, strictly spoken, not my Bellisseria houseboat any more, but the recreation thereof on my own sim. Just want to show what vision I actually had in mind, when not prim-limited.

I made some changes, most of which aren't all that radical, save for the floor, which I completely took out, and replaced with a dark, wooden one. I think it really helps 'ground' the build, and give it a constant feel of living inside the innards of a houseboat. Plus, it looks remarkably classy, in combination with the green and gold everywhere. :) 

I also did what I should have done from the get-go: instead of just flowers, that downward 'port hole', as a view into what lies below, now shows water, with a mermaid looking up through it. Again as a constant (artsy?) reminder we're actually living on a boat:

kira_1.thumb.jpg.e3d7bbecb2ae77344bab633dc29c5778.jpg

As you could already see (in the above picture, to the left), the old breakfast table made its rentrée again (with matching brown blinds for the kitchen area):

kira_2.thumb.jpg.82d56bb24193ccea8e70b078a611b12f.jpg

Opposite of the curved couch, a new item: a gorgeous mermaid shell seat (to stay in theme). In the back, you can see the old sea shell bathtub (which is now turned about 90 degrees, as the 2 shells can't really have the same orientation). And if you look closely, you'll see a turn table embedded inside the heightened plateau (behind the marble demilune table with the clock on it). Not that it absolutely needs to be there, LOL, but this was more a matter of "Couldn't do this on my old houseboat, so I'll do it here, just because I can.")

kira_3.thumb.jpg.645a2c8f70c38ba114ee8d0a9995715c.jpg

Against the far wall, a small harpsichord:

kira_4.thumb.jpg.2ea901d8ae9069a507fdd384f8621148.jpg

I had some creative fun with the Soy vanity table too, setting just about every face fully transparent, so as to give me 3 fancy, pinkish-rimmed vanity shelves, filled with many goodies, of course:

kira_5.thumb.jpg.e31a3e7df5800c9261a90036296a6afb.jpg

• Like 9

(continued)

And the intersecting big walls of the inner shell are now properly planarly aligned. And no more crappy, papier-mâché blinds. :)

kira_6.thumb.jpg.7f93c0d7f2476be5d0a71ba793da2cb8.jpg

And, lastly, jusy for lolz, here's how OCD I really am. 😁 Do you see all those stairs steps? They ALL come with faux ambient occlusion, even when they touch the walls (like I did for the floors too):

kira_7.thumb.jpg.f403ad703a237fa7a12b76edeb877b47.jpg

• Like 9

Haven't posted anything in a while, so thought I would post the Adams I have been working one before I rip it all up and start over lol

I made a front porch for the Adams style home

1240372624_Montag3.thumb.jpg.438c2596bed213eccde6daed65589396.jpg

Inside, I split up the 2 side rooms, on one side, I put a bedroom and bathroom

1240773167_MontagAdams1.thumb.jpg.c018ac08815e3627f63fd96d32bf9a28.jpg

On the other, I put the kitchen and dining, and in the middle, is where I had my living room/sitting room:

2042151997_MontagAdams2.thumb.jpg.577e174c3277b816ce07a6fd7a03e85c.jpg

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Haven't posted anything in a while, so thought I would post the Adams I have been working one before I rip it all up and start over lol

I made a front porch for the Adams style home

1240372624_Montag3.thumb.jpg.438c2596bed213eccde6daed65589396.jpg

Inside, I split up the 2 side rooms, on one side, I put a bedroom and bathroom

1240773167_MontagAdams1.thumb.jpg.c018ac08815e3627f63fd96d32bf9a28.jpg

On the other, I put the kitchen and dining, and in the middle, is where I had my living room/sitting room:

2042151997_MontagAdams2.thumb.jpg.577e174c3277b816ce07a6fd7a03e85c.jpg

I really like what you did with both side rooms. ❤️ The whole scene is so delightful, and blends perfectly in with the adjacent rooms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, I was going to buy windows, but instead I looked through my houses, and ripped out windows. These here is from Ponyvale Manor. I even took off the - what is the name? - on top of the chimney and linked it.

I like this large window much better. I also prefer the other windows without the heavy blinds. They will be fine in autumn. If I haven't moved on...

Some clever prim swapping (bye, 10 LI porch swing) with lower LI items. Editing off shadow prims. The kitchen, every section had its own shadow prim. I deleted all but one, and stretched it. Linked what I could link. When I logged in, I had 50 LI left. After the kitchen remodel and this LI saving job, I now have 108. I think that will be enough for the 3 original rooms in the Continental. Picking up the elevated freestanding terrace will be sad. I can change the outdoor furniture with some light LI stuff. We shall see.

Continental Linden Home with add - onContinental Linden Home with add - onContinental Linden Home with add - onContinental Linden Home with add - on

Edit: The black rectangle behind the blue outdoor furniture in picture 3 is a barn door for decor. I should look for a lighter color.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 20

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So, I was going to buy windows, but instead I looked through my houses, and ripped out windows. These here is from Ponyvale Manor. I even took off the - what is the name? - on top of the chimney and linked it.

I like this large window much better. I also prefer the other windows without the heavy blinds. They will be fine in autumn. If I haven't moved on...

Some clever prim swapping (bye, 10 LI porch swing) with lower LI items. Editing off shadow prims. The kitchen, every section had its own shadow prim. I deleted all but one, and stretched it. Linked what I could link. When I logged in, I had 50 LI left. After the kitchen remodel and this LI saving job, I now have 108. I think that will be enough for the 3 original rooms in the Continental. Picking up the elevated freestanding terrace will be sad. I can change the outdoor furniture with some light LI stuff. We shall see.

Edit: The black rectangle behind the blue outdoor furniture in picture 3 is a barn door for decor. I should look for a lighter color.

Lovely and ingenious!!  I am coming to see that the biggest result of these new houses and houseboats is the explosion of creativity throughout Bellisseria!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Continental Linden Home with add - onContinental Linden Home with add - onContinental Linden Home with add - onContinental Linden Home with add - on

Love the windows in the the dining area...gorgeous!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.