-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One thing I do not like about the evening star is that you cannot get to the upper deck without just zooming and sitting on the chairs I put there. There is a ladder on the side of the houseboat. It even has a ladder- climbing animation. But when you sit on that you climb and end up hanging like a monkey on the ladder just a bit UNDER the upper deck without any elegant way to get ONTO that deck. Or did I just miss the trick to do it?

Yeah, that ladder only has a climb down animation. I don't know of anyway to get up there other than to sit on a piece of furniture that's on that deck. I thought about putting some kind of deco item that would go along with the ladder that has a climb up animation in it, but I don't like dealing with animations so didn't do anything about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ava Maddux said:

Hi everyone! 😊

As you can see, I'm not usually one for posting on the forums but I'm having such a great time with my new houseboat, that I wanted to share! ♥

OP - Kitchen.jpg

That was one massively impressive photo-shoot! :) But this kitchen nook really takes the cake! What an incredible idea to put your kitchen there. And the light falling on that table... so cosy! Yesterday I saw a place I said I could die in. After seeing your kitchen here, I'm saying I could live there! ❤️ Just wow!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Every time I make a bathroom, I do it different. I like white tiles and light colors, so no I went with Robin Blue and dark.

You can see how the bathroom cube is built, it is the wall behind the refridgerator. It has a sliding door in smoke glass.

shady corner_019ed

That is really impressive! The location and the lighting of that kitchen (+ block) are awesome! As well as the clever use of room dividers. Chapeau!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Yeah, that ladder only has a climb down animation. I don't know of anyway to get up there other than to sit on a piece of furniture that's on that deck. I thought about putting some kind of deco item that would go along with the ladder that has a climb up animation in it, but I don't like dealing with animations so didn't do anything about it.

Now you have me thinking lol I might have a tree house with a climbing rope I can rip out of it that now I want to try lol

• Like 3

This is the interior of my Evening Star. I wanted to keep it light, simple, sportive and in natural tones as I feel that fits a houseboat, a maritime atmosphere for beachy sailing and swimming weekends.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e4b1466ea200ad9331df96d65e7b262.jpeg

I used the addon by @Blush Bravin for without that the Evening Star is just a big empty space, much to high and with no seperate places for living, sleeping, cooking, bathig - rather like the OLD Linden homes. The bed fits nicely on it's platform but I had no real use for the tiny closet to the left so I put this boatshaped cupboard in front.

image.thumb.jpeg.310f5c2bc1e06a7e0164a249e3a91eab.jpeg

Very nice and inside bigger then it seems is the bathroom. I managed to fit the complete Pixel Mode Victoria Bathrom in, a bit more romantic then what I usually would put in a houseboat, but I had it and love it.

image.thumb.jpeg.3ce5b138714bfb68a19e8c9a63894463.jpeg

On top of the bathroom there is a little cozy platform. I intended to put a settee there but it was a little cramped so I decided in favour of a rug and a cushion.

image.thumb.jpeg.53fdeeb83ccebbf6080b3eb406c5eaf8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.911915f5eff8baad6eb24d7f36560dc2.jpeg

From there you have a nice bird's view into the big light and airy sittingroom and through the glas doors and windows over the terrace and water

image.thumb.jpeg.27cb058923ee9854f392b57bbcb88ed6.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 16

Testing

Temp.jpg.9bf1b1cb1ca7cc4d999cbcdbceeb3e6c.jpg

ETA: Well, that worked.  :D

Maybe log out and back in, restart browser, flush browser cache - you know, all the normal things that we always say and have no clue if it really helps or not.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 4

On 5/22/2019 at 9:01 AM, Blush Bravin said:

One of the things that really bothered me about the Continental was the lack of windows on the bottom floor. So I decided to make a faux window complete with a projector light simulating sunlight streaming into the room.

3213919_fauxwindow_001.thumb.png.f450ef882f9c770f78b4ab9d7bcccfa4.png

1205127311_fauxwindow2_001.thumb.png.963bebbfbfa9402088d3a0ebe59114a1.png

I kind of miss having a coffee table in my living area but I don't like having to walk around one to get to the screened porch. It's a worthwhile trade-off.

I make objects like that, phantom. That way, you can have your pretty coffee table, without restricting your movement in tight spaces. 😃

• Like 3

On 5/21/2019 at 11:01 PM, Blush Bravin said:

One of the things that really bothered me about the Continental was the lack of windows on the bottom floor. So I decided to make a faux window complete with a projector light simulating sunlight streaming into the room.

3213919_fauxwindow_001.thumb.png.f450ef882f9c770f78b4ab9d7bcccfa4.png

1205127311_fauxwindow2_001.thumb.png.963bebbfbfa9402088d3a0ebe59114a1.png

I kind of miss having a coffee table in my living area but I don't like having to walk around one to get to the screened porch. It's a worthwhile trade-off.

Faux windows! What a clever idea! Especially with the projector light. Ingenious! 👍

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Testing

Temp.jpg.9bf1b1cb1ca7cc4d999cbcdbceeb3e6c.jpg

ETA: Well, that worked.  :D

Maybe log out and back in, restart browser, flush browser cache - you know, all the normal things that we always say and have no clue if it really helps or not.

Testing uploading image. :ph34r:

2019-05-23_sauna-1.gif.ef571b6a8ddd7c57fe05ee805acdb04a.gif

It works now. :D

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Ava Maddux said:

I make objects like that, phantom. That way, you can have your pretty coffee table, without restricting your movement in tight spaces. 😃

It's the visual blockage that annoys me. I like the feeling of space when looking from the kitchen all the way to the screened in porch. I make a lot of my furniture phantom though specially the ones that when you stand you end up either standing on top of the furniture or it projects you into the air. My bed is phantom for that exact reason. :)

• Like 2

I finally got down to furnishing my house but it is only a very ROUGH first version and I am not happy with it. It was much easier in the houseboat to get along with my prim allowance and what I have in my inventory in the way of furniture (mainly from the late Pixel Mode sale).

I presently have only 25 Prims left and haven't started to decorate the bathroom yet (only tub and curtains). Will probably replace some items with others less prim, maybe take away addons, maybe do without the carport. ... well I'll decide that as I go along.

47923933672_aa67910970_c.jpg
House01 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

47923936328_d874a8d899_c.jpg
House02 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

47923936278_9dc715e0d7_c.jpgHouse03 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

47923935961_ac2b058d1d_c.jpg
House04 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

47923935926_9d5b31f640_c.jpg
House05 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

47923933547_ee103efd49_c.jpg
House06 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

I allready spent 39 Prims just on the wall in front and on 4 hedges on the right side (all molemade). I guess the 4 hedges that cannot be streched! (each of them 5 Prims) can be replaced by ONE single sculpt-prim with a texture that I make from a screenshot of the original - won't look as good but for 19 prims less it is worthwhile.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

I allready spent 39 Prims just on the wall in front and on 4 hedges on the right side (all molemade). I guess the 4 hedges that cannot be streched! (each of them 5 Prims) can be replaced by ONE single sculpt-prim with a texture that I make from a screenshot of the original - won't look as good but for 19 prims less it is worthwhile.

We are not forced to use molemade. I would replace the wall with the low impact garden wall kit from Domineaux. If you feel that you don't need the symmetry of two hedges, I would use a corner post and go with that wall on the right side too. All the delicious LI that you can use, mmmm. Tasty LI.

I think any other option will look better than prims with a hedge texture. There are privacy walls and fences with a very low LI too.

Edited to add: Look at Teegle. Not only horses, but a fence that's 2 LI for 32 m.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

Moved house. The front and inside are pretty much the same from my previous images(aside from some Mole bushes out front), buuut back yard got a little makeover compared to my old rendition. Somehow I managed to have a lot more prims this time around, so could fit a bit more in(such as one of my horses).

LHNewBack.jpg.d6dd67a271ccd49da2462e552f7854f4.jpg

LHNewBack2.jpg.772c957041552ab6ac8ef8415e99d1b0.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

We are not forced to use molemade. I would replace the wall with the low impact garden wall kit from Domineaux. If you feel that you don't need the symmetry of two hedges, I would use a corner post and go with that wall on the right side too. All the delicious LI that you can use, mmmm. Tasty LI.

I think any other option will look better than prims with a hedge texture. There are privacy walls and fences with a very low LI too.

Edited to add: Look at Teegle. Not only horses, but a fence that's 2 LI for 32 m.

Dysfunctionality has a great set of 1 LI boulders w/ a texture change hud for 50L Friday.  I'm using them as a natural yard boundary like so:

https://flic.kr/p/2g1Z2TQ

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Thanks 2

This is my version of the Evening Star. I think it's my Favorite so far. Actually it is the most like me and my style. As for tthe upper deck....I solved that problem with a set of Teleport wall switches (pictured last below). They are discrete, attractive, simple to set up and come in a few colors, found here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Auto-Setup-Teleporter-Buttons/7567545

Lots of pics will take 2 posts

EStar 1.jpg

EStar 2.jpg

EStar 3.jpg

EStar 4.jpg

EStar 5.jpg

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 7

@Trinity Aironaut

that looks great love what you did making that wall.  Some of you making these things should be selling them to us losers who can't make things.  Me being one of them.  The evening star is my favorite cause of the windows and the size so I have gone back to that one.  I gave up on the windlass and wallower as they are just too much house for me.

• Like 3

Just now, karynmaria said:

@Trinity Aironaut

that looks great love what you did making that wall.  Some of you making these things should be selling them to us losers who can't make things.  Me being one of them.  The evening star is my favorite cause of the windows and the size so I have gone back to that one.  I gave up on the windlass and wallower as they are just too much house for me.

:) Some of us do sell.

• Like 1

The Wallover houseboat. I added flooring and railings on the topmost part of the houseboat and stairs to climb up there. Don't know yet whether to keep this additional space up there or not. Oh, and I added the ever important chimney for my wood heated sauna stove too. 😃

2019-05-24_Wallover-view-to-west.thumb.jpg.dd3a122cce68772d64693f9fe8f95ae0.jpg

• Like 11

I decided to add a chimney since I've got a fireplace in the lounge area. It's such a nice architectural detail and for only .5 LI it is well worth it.

downthestreet_001.thumb.png.afd364103396a9a3b74922466e3a5ab7.png

I'm thinking I may keep this build all summer. I'm loving the feel of summer in my screened porch.

980581793_theporch3_001.thumb.png.0552a0689427447d1943c7279c24ba41.png

I've thought about trying for a different parcel that included a fence as well as facing east rather than south, but with views like this to the lighthouse I think I better stay put.

wlighthouse_001.thumb.png.7853ab0e8d0aef61ed70be13b60e0a0b.png

I love my neighborhood. I love living in Bellisseria. I can't see my ever wanting to have my home elsewhere. Living on mainland is becoming a distant memory already. For me, Bellisseria is all that I had ever hoped mainland would be. This is like a dream come true.

• Like 24

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I decided to add a chimney since I've got a fireplace in the lounge area. It's such a nice architectural detail and for only .5 LI it is well worth it.

I'm thinking I may keep this build all summer. I'm loving the feel of summer in my screened porch.

wlighthouse_001.thumb.png.7853ab0e8d0aef61ed70be13b60e0a0b.png

I love my neighborhood. I love living in Bellisseria. I can't see my ever wanting to have my home elsewhere. Living on mainland is becoming a distant memory already. For me, Bellisseria is all that I had ever hoped mainland would be. This is like a dream come true.

I love the look, and yes, I wouldn't move from that spot either. We could maybe swap? So you get the eastern view.  🤩

(I know we can't, just joking)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.