gambling

Jemma Sapphire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Gambling is not legal in SL >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_Regarding_Wagering_in_Second_Life  .  No Devil is a skills game, covered by the Skills Gaming Policy >> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_Policy

Gaming Residents

1. Should you wish to participate in Skill Gaming in Second Life, you represent and agree that you: (i) are at least nineteen (19) years of age; (ii) have the legal authority to agree to this Skill Gaming Policy; (iii) reside in, and are accessing a Skill Gaming Region from, a jurisdiction in which participation in Skill Gaming is legally authorized; and (iv) are of legal age to participate in Skill Gaming in your jurisdiction.
  2. In order to enter a Skill Gaming Region, you must establish and maintain a Second Life account with accurate, current and complete information about yourself, including a valid payment method. Any Skill Gaming conducted in a Second Life region that has not been recognized as a Skill Gaming Region is not permitted.
  3. If you fail to satisfy any of these requirements, you are not permitted to enter any Skill Gaming Regions.

9 minutes ago, Jemma Sapphire said:

Rolig Loon,i know all you said above,my question was:how can someone even TP to a land with gambling on it ,without even have PIOF?You can t teleport to gambling areas without payment,but here they are.How is that possible?was the question

Maybe it isn't a legal skill gaming region.  You should probably check that first.

Let's get our terms straight.

Actual gambling is not allowed in SL, as Rolig said.  LL's policies on gambling and "skill gaming" define what is "gambling" and what is a "skill game".

Jemma, what you refer to as "gambling regions" are more properly called "Skill Gaming regions".

OK...now, having picked that particular nit, on to your question.

LL's policies prohibit people from visiting Skill Gaming regions unless they meet three criteria: 1) Payment Information on file, 2) 19 years old or more, and 3) not a resident of or connecting to SL from one of 19 "prohibited" states.  This isn't just policy, it's enforced automatically.  People who fail to meet one or more of those criteria literally cannot get into a Skill Gaming region.

So...what are you actually seeing?  Here are some possibilities.

• The skill games you are seeing don't require pay to play...for example, I have some games on my regular Mainland region (Greedy and some similar games) that are perfectly legal, because they are free to play. (They don't award cash prizes either, but they could, if I set them that way and funded the prizes myself).
  • You're on LL's "Gaming Island".  This is a sort of demonstration area of skill games.  Anyone can go there and play these games.
  • Someone has set up pay to play skill games on a non-Skill Gaming region.  This is against LL policy.  Report 'em.
  • You have actually stumbled on a situation where someone has figured out how to bypass the system.  Report 'em.

Rolig,i am not suspecting what i said,i saw them ,and there are more than one people without PIOF ,and they are playing any game they want,including pay to play ones ,they can do anything anyone with PIOF can do....i sent an iM to the owner of the place but nothing happened

3 minutes ago, Jemma Sapphire said:

Rolig,i am not suspecting what i said,i saw them ,and there are more than one people without PIOF ,and they are playing any game they want,including pay to play ones ,they can do anything anyone with PIOF can do....i sent an iM to the owner of the place but nothing happened

If you are sure in what you saw then file an abuse report.  Keep it clear and concise and to the point with evidence

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.